Swing Trading Strategy

blackshield

I have been trading fore for 6 years. Over that time frame I've tried short term scalping to long term trading.

In 2016 I think I finally found a good balance between the two and have been trading a short term swing system. I use low leverage per trade and have been up every month this year.

Here is my journal. Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks

https://www.myfxbook.com/portfolio/bsc-daily-trader/1530968

I might take a long USD/CHF on a dip towards 0.9650. I think the SNB has been active in this market over the past few months.

not bad ........when do you cull your losses ?....2% down ?

Thinking about adding some AUD/USD longs. RBA appears to be on hold for the foreseeable future. Will make a decision before NFP's

took a small loss on the GBP yesterday. I use 0.33/1 leverage on each trade so I can let them breathe if necessary.

I had 2 GBP long trades open, took approx 1.7% loss on each. It wiped out all the profits from my USD?JPY longs for the week.

planning on buying eurusd on dips. I think the USD will retrace a bit of its recent rally. I also plan on buying usdcad on dips. I think BOC eventually has to cut rates.

exited my usdcad longs for a small profit. Going to hold off on this pair for a while, since its stuck in a range.

I have added to my eurusd longs. I do think some of this dollar strength will recede soon, and eurusd may pop back to 1.11

Im keeping positions small going into the election.

Finally got back to my 3% monthly target after getting hit for 3.4% on the gbp flash crash.

Exited an EUR/AUD long after the AUD jobs report, and made a few pips on my usdjpy longs from yesterday.

I may once again add to my long AUD/USD position on a dip to towards 1.42.

Holding my EUR/USD longs into ECB announcement and added some long EUR/CHF and short USD/CHF.

My current positions will probably be held through the election. I am expecting the recent US dollar strength to subside, and I do expect EUR/USD to retrace the recent decline back to 1.10.

I also expect EUR/CHF to rise back above 1.09 on possible SNB intervention.

Boosted monthly return to 5% this month. Closed some AUD/USD, and EUR/CHF longs. I expect markets to be range bound until the election and I will probably have to hold my core positions into November.

Looking to buy USD/JPY on a dip back to 103