Swing and Position Trading

barjon said:
khi

you probably timed it better than me (ulvr) - I went in yesterday and just back to the price now.

short azn this morning

good trading

jon

nice one jon, as long as its going the right way for us i am happy. its good that someones on the same boat. lets keep our fingers crossed mate.

o nice one on azn, i was looking at it, but thought i already missed the boat so i left it. nice one

Now, now, Khi, none of this emotional finger crossing business :cheesy: Haven't you been reading the psychology posts - we're supposed to be coldly dispassionate and emotionless at all times :devilish:

Mind you, my wife always knows what's happening when I pop down for a cuppa so I suppose the odd grin or frown does escape from time to time. Tut, tut - must do better :LOL:

good trading

jon

barjon said:
Now, now, Khi, none of this emotional finger crossing business :cheesy: Haven't you been reading the psychology posts - we're supposed to be coldly dispassionate and emotionless at all times :devilish:

Mind you, my wife always knows what's happening when I pop down for a cuppa so I suppose the odd grin or frown does escape from time to time. Tut, tut - must do better :LOL:

good trading

jon

yeah totally agree, my fingers are crossed for not being stopped out.

o so ur wife does that as well, my wife is not the only one then.

khi said:
oo ur in as well jimmy, think i have missed a bad boy. wheres ur stop anyway?

Entered 2288 (order placed 2 days ago) this morning. Original stop at 2311, now moved to 2288, so it's a free trade now
:cool:

jimmy1jag said:
Entered 2288 (order placed 2 days ago) this morning. Original stop at 2311, now moved to 2288, so it's a free trade now
:cool:
yeah thats cool, but how come an order placed two days ago only got filled today?

khi said:
yeah thats cool, but how come an order placed two days ago only got filled today?

Because it was still in the high 2290s and didn't come back down to a level that, in my view, confirms the reversal, ie that it's hit resistance and is on the way back down.

jimmy1jag said:
Because it was still in the high 2290s and didn't come back down to a level that, in my view, confirms the reversal, ie that it's hit resistance and is on the way back down.

ic good work

jimmy1jag said:
Target 2212 (mine that is)

jimmy1(soon to be 2)jag

2212? March high?

Just spent a happy hour mopping up after tipping over a full cup of coffee - lucky it didn't drench the keyboard. hey ho, where was I?

Oh yes, first tranche gone, second to go at 236, third will run to wherever. All assuming more south of course :confused: AZN's been good to me lately.

good trading

jon

o dear jon, are u crossing ur toes re ulvr? i know i am...just hope its not going to hit my stop in just one day.

barjon said:
jimmy1(soon to be 2)jag

2212? March high?

Just spent a happy hour mopping up after tipping over a full cup of coffee - lucky it didn't drench the keyboard. hey ho, where was I?

Oh yes, first tranche gone, second to go at 236, third will run to wherever. All assuming more south of course :confused: AZN's been good to me lately.

good trading

jon

Jon

You should get a Tommee Tippee beaker ;)

I arrived 2212 through extending the trendline downwards to where I see it coinciding with a downward progression of the candles. Additionally, that area of resistance in mid March may provide support next week and it is more or less in line with 128% fib level. So, for me, that makes a strong case.

But of course something may well happen in the intervening period. Let's see what happens 1st thing Fri and look at the money management side of things.

Jimmy

PS There are some good swing trades around at the moment!

PPS How do you post a chart? Is it insert image?

jimmy1jag said:
Jon

PS There are some good swing trades around at the moment!

PPS How do you post a chart? Is it insert image?

Jimmy

Sure are.

When you post reply (not quick reply) scroll down to manage attachments. (You'll need to have saved your chart to a file with one of the valid extensions) then browse your files and upload.

good trading

jon

barjon said:
Jimmy

Sure are.

When you post reply (not quick reply) scroll down to manage attachments. (You'll need to have saved your chart to a file with one of the valid extensions) then browse your files and upload.

good trading

jon

Many thanks Jon

barjon said:
Jimmy

Sure are.

good trading

jon

Hi Jon,

I remember that you helped me on this question a few months ago- remember?
I'd like to add that the extension required for T2W is .gif.

My software can't do that conversion (too old) but there is a free software programme on Yahoo Search called Giffy, if anyone is interested.

Split