Sucessful Profitable Spreadbetting - The way I do it

The problem with this is illustrated by a recent episode.

A notorious vendor posted a very convincing "screenprint". It was a statement proving that he keeps nearly eight and a half million quid lying around in an RBS current account.

This post was swiftly followed by a number of posts demonstrating that the vendor was not alone. Many other people had RBS current accounts containing 10 and even 20 millions. They evidenced this with screenprints of their account statements.

It doesn't make sense to leave this much money in a bank account anyway. FSCS won't pay more than £85,000 if the bank went under (or £50,000 in a trading account).

I try to aim for 50% a day, yes!

75% might be your happy level but for me 50% is worth it.

I had the riches in the past and lost it all through unfortunate circumstances (not trading) so I do not crave money like some, as long as I'm comfortable and can pay my bills and look after my family.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Yup - don't wan't to get greedy, do you? :clap: :clap: :clap:

Most of you guys are full of doom and gloom - So why do it.

Like I said - I have a proven formula that works for me. What more can I say - I have tried to offer sensible advice, yet a lot of you have presumptions that we are suppose to fail.

I am just glad that I am not in the 95% who do fail - due to disciple and being sensible

They have to have a go at someone thats why they do it.......:D
As mentioned before virtually all your OP was a mirror of my views and to me a lot of it IS obvious.......
Having read this thread though I'm not so sure too many other posters do follow the basics and the Golden rule of KISS......

Like I said - I have a proven formula that works for me. What more can I say - I have tried to offer sensible advice, yet a lot of you have presumptions that we are suppose to fail.

I am just glad that I am not in the 95% who do fail - due to disciple and being sensible

We can all be happy disciples if you post live calls, based on your proven formula.

CMC makes and releases videos like this:

watch

My hat off to any lulzmeister that sat through the whole of that.

True dedication to the art.

IIt's not doom & gloom - it's hardcore cynicism brought on by over-exposure to the industry.

They have to have a go at someone thats why they do it.......:D
As mentioned before virtually all your OP was a mirror of my views and to me a lot of it IS obvious.......
Having read this thread though I'm not so sure too many other posters do follow the basics and the Golden rule of KISS......

On a serious note I certainly hope any beginners reading this don't think that risking upwards of 15% of capital is normal nor is compounding losses and market chasing, in effect risking the house. I commend the OP on his rare ability however to imply a 50% daily gain to new traders is naive at best.

Repetition doesn't imply knowledge IMO - understanding does.

Good Luck anyway

On a serious note I certainly hope any beginners reading this don't think that risking upwards of 15% of capital is normal nor is compounding losses and market chasing, in effect risking the house. I commend the OP on his rare ability however to imply a 50% daily gain to new traders is naive at best.

Repetition doesn't imply knowledge IMO - understanding does.

Good Luck anyway

I agree that many are doom and gloom merchants on here. If you are so sceptical of the system, dont bother with it. Do something else with your lives that isnt so risky, like knitting wolly socks and mitts. Be caeful the needles arent too sharp though.

and i also agree that risking about 5% is too much really, you need to have enough capital to recoup your losses if your trade goes pearshaped.

The 'norm' is apparently 2% - 3%.

With regards to margin call as you mentioned before P-lab, i think you misunderstod me. I meant it would take a 300 point loss for a margin call to be activated on a £1 per point, and £400 capital - would it not? but surely you wouldnt wait for the trend to go against you that far. 5 - 10 points in the opp direction should be enough for you to close the position and crystallise the loss of course. so you wouldnt even get so far as a margin call.

that was my point.

also with regards to posting live calls - even i wouldnt be bothered to do that, for the benefit of whom?

Its difficult enough trading without blinking and keeping your eye off the game, never mind having to post live trades also - and for the benefit of nobody.

no-one will act on it, no-one will appreciate it, and on the occasion that the trade goes wrong, just get criticised, and possibly mess up your own trade because youre too busy posting trying to prove something to a bunch of negative morons itching to say "i told you so".

hotbaz - if your method works for you, stick by it and good luck. forget trying to help others here, because they don't give a t0ss, just think that your a scammer.

feel free to send me a private msg and perhaps share some of your trading strategies if you may ?

I try to use trend lines, and look for patterns emerging before i trade, but they dont always go in my favour. As long as they do more often than not, im not going to complain.

One thing I can't quite grasp is that with only £400 in the pot surely you must be on a knife edge continually if you have a few trades open, with regards to Margin Call.....??

I am on edge when i let my loss run, for such reasons.

Thats because i hardly ever use stop losses, and i should.

and with a £1 per point stake, it takes 300-400 points for you to be in real danger?

this would be a very rare occurence??

lol he was talking to hotbaz !

feel free to send me a private msg and perhaps share some of your trading strategies if you may ?

I try to use trend lines, and look for patterns emerging before i trade, but they dont always go in my favour. As long as they do more often than not, im not going to complain.

All you ever need to know and more is in the video posted above.

I try to aim for 50% a day, yes!

75% might be your happy level but for me 50% is worth it.

I had the riches in the past and lost it all through unfortunate circumstances (not trading) so I do not crave money like some, as long as I'm comfortable and can pay my bills and look after my family.

I'm sorry but such a formula doesn't exist mate , sure it may happen to some traders and punters in occasions , you may even get more than 1000% in one day trading weekly options for example , but you cant get that consistently impossible , go ahead and choose your pick aiming for a huge return there is nothing wrong about it ( RIMM equity options for example ) but don't tell us that you can make 50% daily consistently not even in a monthly basis !!

lol he was talking to hotbaz !

Yes i got that. I was just adding in my 2pence worth.

Im sure hotbaz said he uses stop losses. I feel that if you do, the s.b. Firm who can see these probably use this to their advantage and in a split second movement probably stop you out. So you have to create another position, which is more profit for them.

This is the reason why i do not use stop losses and hence why i am sometimes on a knife edge ! ideally i would use them, but something tells me not to. Maybe i am not trusting enough or maybe im wise ? Or maybe im just stupid hence can sometimes run up some weighty losses.

But as i said, as long as my profits outweigh my losses, i shouldnt complain. I just need to learn to nip those small losses in the bud asap, rather than watch them multiply then kick myself afterwards. Its not easy.

I'm sorry but such a formula doesn't exist mate , sure it may happen to some traders and punters in occasions , you may even get more than 1000% in one day trading weekly options for example , but you cant get that consistently impossible , go ahead and choose your pick aiming for a huge return there is nothing wrong about it ( RIMM equity options for example ) but don't tell us that you can make 50% daily consistently not even in a monthly basis !!

I think most of it is acting on impulse and trusting your natural instinct... Theres no set formula. You just need to look for repeating / emerging patterns , trading ranges, and possible breakouts due to changes in momentum, crossing over of trend lines and news breakouts.

Lots of people say news often breaks out afterwards, and its all really in charting and technical analysis only. i have known some traders not to even look at the news at all.

Obviously 50% on one day is what happened and we all can look forward to some live trades and 5 more days posts coming soon. I suspect silence will be the most likely outcome.

I think most of it is acting on impulse and trusting your natural instinct... Theres no set formula. You just need to look for repeating / emerging patterns , trading ranges, and possible breakouts due to changes in momentum, crossing over of trend lines and news breakouts.

Lots of people say news often breaks out afterwards, and its all really in charting and technical analysis only. i have known some traders not to even look at the news at all.
I think you should read what tar is saying, there is no holy grail, just hard work. This kind of return is not possible in the long run. I wonder why I am writing this.:)