Smart Live Markets - Spread Bet on MT4

Sorry to hear about your problems Kraven. I've been live with SLM for 2 months, 300+ trades. 3-4 invalid prices, 5-6 requotes. Just my experience. I blew my account today, (well I'll be trading 10p pips instead of £1.50 for a while).

I'm a good SLM customer but if I'm going to refinance an SB account I should really take advantage of some of the offers new accounts SB companies offer, but I'll ask SLM if they can offer me any enticement to stay with them, don;t ask don't get. I'll let you know if I have any joy.

Ross Spur I'll admitt my PC and broadband are not what you'd call 'state of the art'. I do tend to run a few programs at the same time that drains my proccessing power. However, I have several SB and broker accounts with different companies and I have had no problems with them. Trade fair being the best for trade execution. In fact i often run SLM platform for my charts while executing orders with Trade fair

Jaroon sorry to here about your account. They may give you the £300 deal.

Tried a demo on SLM but found many pairs missing and no Marketwatch facillity.
Was about to open a live account with them but since reading your (kraven) experience
with them, am now having second thoughts.
Is there any other SB broker that offers an MT4 platform?

Tried a demo on SLM but found many pairs missing and no Marketwatch facillity.
Was about to open a live account with them but since reading your (kraven) experience
with them, am now having second thoughts.
Is there any other SB broker that offers an MT4 platform?

Is there really many pairs missing?
I thought i even spotted the Zlog/Zlot

No other broker offers MT4.

Just found this on thier site:

We cover over 100 currency pairs in the FX market. This is more than most any other spread betting company in the world, and we are constantly striving to add more to this list as and when we can.

Bit misleading as i cant work out if it is "more than most" or "more than any" in the world:confused:

I have been using a live account for about a month and have not had any problems at all. the odd re-quote when things are kicking off but much more honest than the platform freezing which I used to get with IG, Finspreads and others. So far I am impressed but we will see when I intend to take more money out of them. I 'll let you know. :)

Just thought i'd warn people off using 'Smart Live Markets'

I've been using them for several months now to test systems. Why? Because their a spreadbetting UK company that uses MT4, has good spreads and allows bets from 10p (ideal for testing strategies).

So whats the problem? Re-quotes........dozens of them.......re-quotes on re-quotes........and if it's not re-quotes it's 'invalid price'............an example; today i enter a trade and decided to exit while still in profit, after 4 'invalid prices' and then 3 re-quote I ended up having to adjust a pre-set stop loss to exit (for -12pips). Thing is this isn't a one off. It happen's almost every time now. Yesterday I stopped trading because I had so many 'invalid price' quotes i couldn't enter or exit. To top it off i've moved my spread deviation to +5, still no use.

Anyone who wants spreadbetting with MT4 should open a free MT4 demo account to use for charting and open a Trade Fare, IG index, finspread.....i've used all with NO re-quote/invalid price problems

If you see this post on other forum's I'm not doing it out of spite (well maybe a little), i'm also not a competitor. I'm not after an arguement or a debaite. I'm just giving my an honest account of my experiences. Smart Live Spreads is crap!

Hi Kraven

Was your live account with SLM losing or making money?

Have you complained to them?

Just thought i'd warn people off using 'Smart Live Markets'

I've been using them for several months now to test systems. Why? Because their a spreadbetting UK company that uses MT4, has good spreads and allows bets from 10p (ideal for testing strategies).

So whats the problem? Re-quotes........dozens of them.......re-quotes on re-quotes........and if it's not re-quotes it's 'invalid price'............an example; today i enter a trade and decided to exit while still in profit, after 4 'invalid prices' and then 3 re-quote I ended up having to adjust a pre-set stop loss to exit (for -12pips). Thing is this isn't a one off. It happen's almost every time now. Yesterday I stopped trading because I had so many 'invalid price' quotes i couldn't enter or exit. To top it off i've moved my spread deviation to +5, still no use.

Anyone who wants spreadbetting with MT4 should open a free MT4 demo account to use for charting and open a Trade Fare, IG index, finspread.....i've used all with NO re-quote/invalid price problems

If you see this post on other forum's I'm not doing it out of spite (well maybe a little), i'm also not a competitor. I'm not after an arguement or a debaite. I'm just giving my an honest account of my experiences. Smart Live Spreads is crap!

Jaroon sorry to here about your account. They may give you the £300 deal.

Mate :sneaky:

I think you must have another agenda :-0

I have had three accounts with SLM.

LIVE & Demo

On my old LIVE account last year I had a few re-quotes but I think it was a software issue and since coming back I feel SLM have worked on the platform as I have not seen any on my old LIVE account or the Demo.

I have my Deviation set to ZERO, maybe you should try rescanning servers.

Also you said that you want to warn traders off SLM ?
Strange did you raise your problems with SLM ? As I know they will help config your computer. One poster here had SLM log into his computer to help :clap:

You had the £300 cash back so you lost no money (y)

I think maybe this is more about your lack of knowledge on MT4 or indeed you are a competitor.

Are you PETER from CMC :LOL:

Well I can echo Kraven's comments. I have been experiencing exactly the same thing.

No idea of the cause and I will keep using them.

Once I begin trading with an account of significant size I will move to somewhere with ndd.

Well I can echo Kraven's comments. I have been experiencing exactly the same thing.

No idea of the cause and I will keep using them.

Once I begin trading with an account of significant size I will move to somewhere with ndd.

Then contact SLM and report back :eek:

I agree with moving on once account gets to a significant size. I just opened my second LIVE account and the number was 11,000+ I can't see that many are of a significant size :confused:

Last week i pretty much only traded with my 2 robots. between them they averaged 8 trades per day. I checked the journals and it looks like they had no requotes or invalid prices last week. Besides the issue with the Live and dem giving different results it was a good week. Live beat the demo.

I quite like SLM and although i have in the past had a few requotes its been nothing that has cost me a loss as a result or made my kick the computer. I also have deviation set to 0 (i would rather get a requote than filled at a crap price). I think Kraven must have other issues

Have 3 SLM accounts, 1 Alpari UK classic and 1 ThinkForex Pro account.

Spreads are good on SLM, there are requotes but not too bad - I also get requotes with Alpari. I also seem to get "Old Tick" with SLM but I also get it with TF.

They did have issues with their tick value on some pairs but that seems to be sorted now.

The fact is that I think they are an average broker. The fact that they a spread betting service is the main selling point - and I think (so far) it is a winning combination. I think they could do with some competition in the MT4/SB arena.

The fact that they a spread betting service is the main selling point - and I think (so far) it is a winning combination.

I think they could do with some competition in the MT4/SB arena.

Yes and yes.

They are as good and therefore as bad as all other brokers, therefore they are fine to use for retail SB. I think this is the consensus now and long may they improve and thrive.

I wish other brokers in SB would WAKE UP and smell the MT4 coffee! It's the best thing for SB (I wouldnt wanna touch a bespoke cr*ppy web based platform ever again - yuck) and frankly since using MT4 for so long now I would say it's overall an amazing platform in the whole trading arena. Yeah I know platform snobs out there sometimes pick holes in MT4 but I think it ticks enough boxes to be called "great".

EDIT: well MY specific MT4 platform is amazing because I have customised it with loads of scripts so it's the easiest thing to use - dragging orders, trading off the charts with lines for stops etc, the MT4 bashers should try it sometime :D

Yes and yes.

They are as good and therefore as bad as all other brokers, therefore they are fine to use for retail SB. I think this is the consensus now and long may they improve and thrive.

I wish other brokers in SB would WAKE UP and smell the MT4 coffee! It's the best thing for SB (I wouldnt wanna touch a bespoke cr*ppy web based platform ever again - yuck) and frankly since using MT4 for so long now I would say it's overall an amazing platform in the whole trading arena. Yeah I know platform snobs out there sometimes pick holes in MT4 but I think it ticks enough boxes to be called "great".

EDIT: well MY specific MT4 platform is amazing because I have customised it with loads of scripts so it's the easiest thing to use - dragging orders, trading off the charts with lines for stops etc, the MT4 bashers should try it sometime :D

I agree with Pine.................AGAIN :p