Smart Live Markets - Spread Bet on MT4

I wonder how SLM's MT4 would cope with a fully automated EA running all week?

I just read about this amazing robot called FAP Turbo, which doubles your account really quick and many people have already purchased so it must actually work. Am buying it now as their website says there's only 27 copies left, I think I've finally found the missing link!!

:)lol:)

lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ2y4XOAHks

Interesting scenario coming up for me with SLM.

I'm short FTSE and had my TP at 5750 and for all intents and purposes the FTSE looks set to open around 80-100 pips lower than my TP.

I've read their Terms of Business and it states if price gaps below my TP it will be filled at first available price. Sneaky feeling it's going to be filled at original TP whereas if I were long and had my SL at 5750 I'd be gapped the full amount.

Interesting scenario coming up for me with SLM.

I'm short FTSE and had my TP at 5750 and for all intents and purposes the FTSE looks set to open around 80-100 pips lower than my TP.

I've read their Terms of Business and it states if price gaps below my TP it will be filled at first available price. Sneaky feeling it's going to be filled at original TP whereas if I were long and had my SL at 5750 I'd be gapped the full amount.

They make the market, so they decide if a price is available!

I just realised that a trailing stop only works while your computer is turned on with MT4 :)

Last night I turned it the comp and 2 trades would have been very profitable overnight but ended up losers.

I just realised that a trailing stop only works while your computer is turned on with MT4 :)

Last night I turned it the comp and 2 trades would have been very profitable overnight but ended up losers.

If you don't have the MT4 platform running then you can't use a trailing stop facility. Just one of the many functions that the creators of MT4 devised to enslave us to the market makers:(

Thanks whoever mentioned only having 1 anti virus running, deleted AVG just now and kept Avast.
Mind you the platform was running well all day with both running so I have no idea what caused the problem last Friday. Never did hear back from the guy at SLM who was investigating.

Had the best 2 days trading I have ever had, feel comfortable with the system/technique whatever you want to call it and despite a few invalid prices when price was moving fast I would give the MT4 platform a 9 out of 10.

I wish some other UK spreadbetting companies would start using it too.

Had the best 2 days trading I have ever had, feel comfortable with the system/technique whatever you want to call it and despite a few invalid prices when price was moving fast I would give the MT4 platform a 9 out of 10.

I wish some other UK spreadbetting companies would start using it too.

Hey congrats on a couple of good days trading, always good for the soul and it's an amazing feeling when you finally get comfortable with your whole setup: your trading method, your broker platform, yourself, etc .. you can finally feel like you can realise your dreams! :clap:

Stiltskin, for fear of posting 3 times in a row and getting told off, just to say you need to get a VPS system going if you wanna leave MT4 running all week without relying on doing this with a home PC. They're not free but not over expensive, some are designed specifically with trading MT4/5 in mind and have everything established ready for that. Yes no doubt someone who works at the VPS company could look at everyone's charts and see your method but hey who cares!

It's rare but some brokers do offer to monitor your trailing stop for you even if your PC is switched off, but like I said it's very much not the norm.

Like Jesse Livermore said, if a man (or woman!) is going to take trading seriously he must devote every part of himself entirely to this endeavour. Annoyingly in the modern world of 24hr markets that means staying up funny hours, falling apart in every other part of your life due to lack of sleep/having mind always on markets and running platforms 24/5 to validate trailing stops LMAO happy days :cheesy:

Good to meet someone positive.
Early days yet but a glimpse of those dreams for sure. Needed it after the recent technical issues.

Not as good today but ended up positive and enough for the busfarehome and a curry :)

Quite p*ssed off from the 1.5 spread of the EurUsd and 2.4 spread on EurJpy today instead of the normal 1.3 on EU and 2.0 for EJ, frankly its putting me off from placing extra trades throughout the day due to the higher spread.

I will raise this issue and make a suggestion to SLM if they may consider controlling their spread more even on days of so called "higher volatility" (which in my opinion is fancy way of saying, we're going to charge you more when we feel the markets look good, so that we can make more money, and you can make less).

Is anybody else disliking the higher spreads today? If so, please raise your concerns here and I can forward some suggestions or these concerns onto the right people.

After all, if they keep the customers happy, they will keep their existing clients and attract more and more custom. I was able to get 1.0 pip spreads on EU everyday on Ig index on days of so called "high volatility".

Please if anybody else dislikes these higher spread, dont keep quiet, and post your concerns. If you're going to give me reasons to try convince me that the higher spreads are needed, save your comments. Im only looking to hear from folks that dont like higher spreads :)

Cheers guys.

I like the wider spreads.

Only jokingm of course I don't like them. I did notice the EU/JPY was 2.4 today and I made a few trades on that pair.
Wish they would lower the always ridiculously high 6 point spread on GB/JPY too.

By the way how does the IG platform compare to Metatrader? I don't think they have a demo at IG.

I downloaded CMC demo platform last night but have not had a chance to try it out yet.

I like the wider spreads.

Only jokingm of course I don't like them. I did notice the EU/JPY was 2.4 today and I made a few trades on that pair.
Wish they would lower the always ridiculously high 6 point spread on GB/JPY too.

By the way how does the IG platform compare to Metatrader? I don't think they have a demo at IG.

I downloaded CMC demo platform last night but have not had a chance to try it out yet.

OK MT4 is the best thing for spreadbetting, the ability to have custom scripts and EAs means it'll always be better than other company's platforms. IG have a web based platform which has no great features and rigid poor charts compared to MT4. CMC are awful and always will be, try it and see if you think I'm being too harsh. All SB companies make cr*ppy web based nonsense and it doesn't work well, they're unreliable and have no kind of custom ability in terms of scripts, EAs. This is why I love SLM, the MT4 platform cannot be beaten for retail spreadbetting. Yes if you wanted DMA etc there are many great platforms for accessing true underlying but for us spreadbetters you wont beat MT4, period. The whole SLM package is good and on MT4 it's great, I know it first hand. And its only available for SB on, thats right, SLM! All other big and small names will not offer it.

WilteredFire I know you said you didn't want to hear from people who do not mind the wider spread, but that's not the way to have a fair discussion! On balance to use a great platform like MT4 many sins are tolerable BUT THIS IS ACADEMIC BECAUSE THE POINT IS: most "real" spot FX brokers have worse spreads than SLM, in fact many SB companies do (or at least SLM are same give-and-take as most SBs). Really there isn't much wrong with SLM's spreads, I was watching some less-traded major crosses like EURNZD on FXCM's feed on my iPhone earlier and their spreads (variable) were awful compared to SLM!!!! They really were fluctuating madly and going wide as hell. SLM wasn't! I think "stretching" (???) the EUR to still under 2 is totally fair and I think sometimes people want the moon on a stick. We have to pay a fair spread to play the game. Under 3 on EURJPY a problem??!!! Right now on FXCM it's, wait for it, 5.3-6.3 fluctuating.....!! We get it for 2.4ish tax free!!!! It's a bargain!!

Pine

OK MT4 is the best thing for spreadbetting, the ability to have custom scripts and EAs means it'll always be better than other company's platforms. IG have a web based platform which has no great features and rigid poor charts compared to MT4. CMC are awful and always will be, try it and see if you think I'm being too harsh. All SB companies make cr*ppy web based nonsense and it doesn't work well, they're unreliable and have no kind of custom ability in terms of scripts, EAs. This is why I love SLM, the MT4 platform cannot be beaten for retail spreadbetting. Yes if you wanted DMA etc there are many great platforms for accessing true underlying but for us spreadbetters you wont beat MT4, period. The whole SLM package is good and on MT4 it's great, I know it first hand. And its only available for SB on, thats right, SLM! All other big and small names will not offer it.

WilteredFire I know you said you didn't want to hear from people who do not mind the wider spread, but that's not the way to have a fair discussion! On balance to use a great platform like MT4 many sins are tolerable BUT THIS IS ACADEMIC BECAUSE THE POINT IS: most "real" spot FX brokers have worse spreads than SLM, in fact some SB companies do. Really there isn't much wrong with SLM's spreads, I was watching some less-traded major crosses like EURNZD on FXCM's feed on my iPhone earlier and their spreads (variable) were awful compared to SLM!!!! They really were fluctuation madly and going wide. SLM wasn't! I think "stretching" (???) the EUR to still under 2 is totally fair and I think sometimes people want the moon on a stick. We have to pay a fair spread to play the game. Under 3 on EURJPY a problem??!!! Right now on FXCM it's, wait for it, 5.3-6.3 fluctuating.....!! We get it for 2.4ish tax free!!!! It's a bargain!!

Pine

I agree with Pine (y)

I would second pineapple's sentiment about SLM on MT4

in all fairness there are good and bad points with all companies but the use of MT4 is a winner for me

the spread issue only really affects very short term trades or the wrong entries

so it's best not to blame the tools, imo

I would second pineapple's sentiment about SLM on MT4

in all fairness there are good and bad points with all companies but the use of MT4 is a winner for me

the spread issue only really affects very short term trades or the wrong entries

so it's best not to blame the tools, imo

:):D:cheesy::LOL:(y):clap: