Smart Live Markets - Spread Bet on MT4

As I have never even looked at trading via phone or ever traded from a phone. Even I've got the iphone, the screen is to small to monitor, and also may have risk on the signal. So it won't the first choice for me .

Hi, has anyone seen a company called Smart Live Markets is now offering spreadbetting on MT4? Anyone know what they are like? Demo looks OK!

name changed to GKFX , they do , but i strongly advice to keep away from them.

bunch of crooks, he is sentences for looting his own bank
they operate out of london from a two bedroom flat

check dorland house 14-15 regent street london .

Is it safe to have quite a lot of money in a smatlive/GKFX account? ('quite alot of money' is obviously relative!)

I've had an account with them for a while now.
I've just been trading at between 10p and 50p per point or so with a 1k account, and have made around 4k or so.
Going quite well.

I'm thinking about putting a maybe 20k or so in the account to see how I get on with a bigger account and bigger stakes.
Then I thought I'd feel safer having it with IG index who have been around since forever, or maybe even open a 'proper' account with Interactive Brokers.

What is the deal? I think that gkfx are FSA regualted. Is that enough? Does that mean my money is safe if they were to go belly up for some reason?

They are regulated by the FSA.

http://gkfx.co.uk/fsa

You might have to wait a while for any money to be returned by the FCSC though as you would in any situation with them depending on various factors.

Is it safe to have quite a lot of money in a smatlive/GKFX account? ('quite alot of money' is obviously relative!)

I've had an account with them for a while now.
I've just been trading at between 10p and 50p per point or so with a 1k account, and have made around 4k or so.
Going quite well.

I'm thinking about putting a maybe 20k or so in the account to see how I get on with a bigger account and bigger stakes.
Then I thought I'd feel safer having it with IG index who have been around since forever, or maybe even open a 'proper' account with Interactive Brokers.

What is the deal? I think that gkfx are FSA regualted. Is that enough? Does that mean my money is safe if they were to go belly up for some reason?
I wish I could recommend GKFX, but my experience with them has not been good lately. They did not honor a bonus that was rightfully earned by me. For a short term gain on my behalf GKFX took away my bonus, desipte of me fulfilling what was required by them in the first place. I am usually in favor of SB companies and understand after many years of trading experience how they operate. But this kind of dishonest treatment I just can't tolerate from a broker. The Goodwill for a broker is essential today, something which GKFX don't seem to understand. If I would trust them with 20k, well, by reading this post you probably understand my current standpoint, but it is up to you to decide if it is worth the risk.

I wish I could recommend GKFX, but my experience with them has not been good lately. They did not honor a bonus that was rightfully earned by me. For a short term gain on my behalf GKFX took away my bonus, desipte of me fulfilling what was required by them in the first place. I am usually in favor of SB companies and understand after many years of trading experience how they operate. But this kind of dishonest treatment I just can't tolerate from a broker. The Goodwill for a broker is essential today, something which GKFX don't seem to understand. If I would trust them with 20k, well, by reading this post you probably understand my current standpoint, but it is up to you to decide if it is worth the risk.

He/she wasn't asking that.

He/she wanted to know that if GKFX pissed off with his/her money would he/she be compensated by the FCSC or not.

He/she wasn't asking that.

He/she wanted to know that if GKFX pissed off with his/her money would he/she be compensated by the FCSC or not.
Yes I understand that. But for obvious reasons, investing this kind of money you have to look at the total risk profile of the company.

Yes I understand that. But for obvious reasons, investing this kind of money you have to look at the total risk profile of the company.

Why, your recent problem doesn't increase the risk to capital.

Why, your recent problem doesn't increase the risk to capital.
It certainly does the way I see it. Are they dependable handling this kind of money in your account? You have to look at execution, slippage and spikes. If anything goes wrong, how do they behave trying to settle a complain when there might be a lot of money at stake? From my perpective not very good obviously, seen from a standpoint of my recent experience with them, but this is of course up to each individual and his/hers risk parameters.

It certainly does the way I see it. Are they dependable handling this kind of money in your account? You have to look at execution, slippage and spikes. If anything goes wrong, how do they behave trying to settle a complain when there might be a lot of money at stake? From my perpective not very good obviously, seen from a standpoint of my recent experience with them, but this is of course up to each individual and his/hers risk parameters.

Handling clients money? They stick it in a separate account and just look at it. And if they don't you have the FCSC.

If anyone was to trade with them and experienced slippage,spikes,re quotes etc then they would be stupid to continue trading with them.

Handling clients money? They stick it in a separate account and just look at it. And if they don't you have the FCSC.

If anyone was to trade with them and experienced slippage,spikes,re quotes etc then they would be stupid to continue trading with them.
There is a lot of "stupid" traders around, apprently you seem to be one of the smart ones.:)