GKFX (former Smart Live Markets)

Hoping clients won't bother is one of the reasons they get away with it.
They don't get away with it, there is a price to pay if they behave badly, this, if we as traders talk about it in a balanced way in forums like this one.

I am really sorry to inform you guys that GKFX did not honor my 30% deposit bonus mentioned in my first post in this thread. After a month of intense trading, during which I fulfilled in toto, my part of the bonus program, GKFX took away my hard earned bonus. When I confronted GKFX in Sweden about the reason for their withdrawal of the bonus, they got back to me on the phone, explaining that "they had made a mistake in granting me bonus status for these instruments". So now suddenly, at the end of the bonus period, the instruments I have been trading for a whole month, does not make me eligible for the bonus. All this, despite my having obtained a written email statement from GKFX on request, confirming and stating that the instruments I was going to trade with them, was part of their bonus program, before I started trading CFDs with them.

I have, of course, tried to settle the bonus issue with GKFX both in Sweden and in London before posting this, but in vain. They will not honor my 30% bonus, period.

I thought GKFX had cleaned up their act, but apparently, old school tricks die hard. I have been a client of theirs for many years, first with Smart Live Markets and now under the new name of GKFX. I think GKFX need to look over their ethical guidelines or else they will need to change to yet to another name, faster than they think.

As all of you probably understand, this kind of dishonest treatment leaves me with no other alternative, other than to withdraw my money and stop trading with them. How can I trust a company with my money that behaves in this unethical and unprofessional way? Not me, I am getting out!

They didn't pay the bonus because you were profitable (they would lose even more money if they paid it to you).

They didn't pay the bonus because you were profitable (they would lose even more money if they paid it to you).
I wish that was true, but in fact I lost money during that bonus period. They called me up several times and asked me how I was doing. Don't worry they told me, you have got the bonus to fall back on (great I thought).:)

I wish that was true, but in fact I lost money during that bonus period. They called me up several times and asked me how I was doing. Don't worry they told me, you have got the bonus to fall back on (great I thought).:)

Ridiculous. If they said that you should be contacting the FOS and FSA ASAP OK (ETC).

Reactions: tar
Ridiculous. If they said that you should be contacting the FOS and FSA ASAP OK (ETC).
Yes they certainly did, I have no need to give false information in order to discredit them in any way. Although, I do have to say they have always been polite when contacting me, but that doesn't help me when they don't live up to their part of the bonus offer.

Yes they certainly did, I have no need to give false information in order to discredit them in any way. Although, I do have to say they have always been polite when contacting me, but that doesn't help me when they don't live up to their part of the bonus offer.

I wasn't disbelieving you, gle. You shouldn't let it go, otherwise they'll just do the same to someone else.

I wasn't disbelieving you, gle. You shouldn't let it go, otherwise they'll just do the same to someone else.
Thanks R.Charnock. In fact I have already moved on. I don't want to waste more energy on these guys. Those who want to know my overall experience with them during the intense month of trading I had with them, I have to say GKFX have gotten better executing trades. Although slippage is still a big problem. It seems that the servers just can't handle a market that moves quickly without gap. The stop loss orders at times just goes through the stop loss as if the MT4 servers are too slow reacting. If this is designer slippage or just a plain system issue I really can't tell.

Has anybody experienced a long delay when withdrawing funds from gkfx ?
I made a request 10 days ago and no news until now.

No I don't think I will bother, it is just about £600 of bonus money involved. Hopefully they will come around realizing they can't treat an old client this way without paying a price, a price that will have a negative bearing on their goodwill status.

You should take this to the FOS. It's your 600 pounds of bonus money if you say you have satisfied their requirements and you seem to have proof. Why do you accept being shafted by them? I would never have taken this on the chin, never ever.

You should take this to the FOS. It's your 600 pounds of bonus money if you say you have satisfied their requirements and you seem to have proof. Why do you accept being shafted by them? I would never have taken this on the chin, never ever.
Thanks, but my time and energy is more valuable and GKFX will pay a price for not honoring their part of the bonus program. Traders do research before signing up with a broker and they will find out that they are not dependable. Yes I did not get the bonus money that is true, but I can guarantee you, they lose a lot more for not giving what is rightfully mine. This thread and others will be read for many years by traders who are interested in their service. The bonus offer user agreement is also written in a way, that in fact gives them the ability to decide in which way they want in case of a dispute with a client.

Has anybody experienced a long delay when withdrawing funds from gkfx ?
I made a request 10 days ago and no news until now.
Yes, 10 days is a long time for a withdrawal. I suggest you get in contact with them in order to find out why you have not received the money.

You make your own luck and yours should come via the FOS that is if you did something about it :D
Profoundly speaking my friend, especially in trading creating your own "luck" is essential. However depending on luck getting your money out from a broker, this probably tells you that you are dealing with the wrong broker, but I do get your meaning.

Any that don't use Metatrader?

Only Finspreads, but it lasts for 8 weeks and then reverts back to normal. Other than that, the next lowest that I am aware of is Marketspreads.ie, of which the minimum is 0.20 euro per point.