Smart Live Markets - Spread Bet on MT4

I am in the UK.

On the laptop I have Avast and AVG running.
Remember I have been using the platform for weeks now and since buying the laptop about a week and a half ago things have been perfect.

I did turn off Avast and AVG while the helpful person at SLM remotely took over my PC and tried to connect. Disabling them made no difference. Thanks for the suggestion though.

I just have Avast running on the desktop.

Can users of SLM MT4 please tell me the numbers you see in the bottom right corner?
Next to the "connection status" green bars.

Typically when I started the platform the numbers would be low like 50/1 but the longer I was connected the higher the numbers would go and would go up to roughly 2200/100.

Just wondering what other users numbers are and when they are lower/higher.

I am in the UK.

Remember I have been using the platform for weeks now and since buying the laptop about a week and a half ago things have been perfect.

I did turn off Avast and AVG while the helpful person at SLM remotely took over my PC and tried to connect. Disabling them made no difference. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Can users of SLM MT4 please tell me the numbers you see in the bottom right corner?

Typically when I started the platform the numbers would be low like 50/1 but the longer I was connected the higher the numbers would go and would go up to roughly 2200/100.

The numbers in the bottom corner are just data that has gone from the platform to the server and from the server to the platform.

Have you tried disabling windows firewall, it is an absolute pig for messing with programs and it can turn itself back on sometimes with updates and things.

when things go wrong here, I always think of microsoft as being part of the problem

windows updates sometimes have an unexpected effect
windows defender does block some programmes but usually gives you cue tip
and then there is the user account control which can stop some programs data from updating
but doesnt always throw a cue tip onto the task bar

e.g CMC has to be run as administrator

every little helps ?

Got my live account opened with SLM now, will be trading with real money, will let you guys know how their platform treats me.

Will keep a very close eye for spikes on the EU and GU charts, if i notice them i'll try giving the info to their livechat and crosscheck my charts with another broker to verify the spike(s) if i encounter any. Lets hope i dont.

Will keep you all posted soon.

Got my live account opened with SLM now, will be trading with real money, will let you guys know how their platform treats me.

Will keep a very close eye for spikes on the EU and GU charts, if i notice them i'll try giving the info to their livechat and crosscheck my charts with another broker to verify the spike(s) if i encounter any. Lets hope i dont.

Will keep you all posted soon.

I hope you used the SLM Demo first ? whether an Experienced Trader or Novice getting familiarised with a platform is of most importance before trading your hard earned cash.

All the best and good trading :cool:

Thanks jon and mornington, yes every little helps.

Regarding the numbers in the right hand corner jon, should I not place much importance on them?
Had the platform on about an hour running fine, the first nujmber started at 40 and is slowly ticking up to 817, the right hand number is still at 1kb.

On Friday I did disable to firewall and defender which did not help. Running fine now with both on.

I am certain this is a fault my end and not with SLM.

Thanks jon and mornington, yes every little helps.

Regarding the numbers in the right hand corner jon, should I not place much importance on them?
Had the platform on about an hour running fine, the first nujmber started at 40 and is slowly ticking up to 817, the right hand number is still at 1kb.

On Friday I did disable to firewall and defender which did not help. Running fine now with both on.

I am certain this is a fault my end and not with SLM.

Yes, just ignore the numbers, as long as you have numbers there then it is ok. The left number is the number of bytes of data you have received from the SLM server in the form of ticks, quotes etc. The other number is the bytes of data you have sent to their server. The longer you are connected and the more charts you have open the more the number will go up. When you close and reopen MT4 it will reset the numbers back to zero.

Does anybody else run Expert Advisors with SLM? How are you finding it?
So far for me it seems almost random if they work or not. Same robots on demo and live and you wouldnt believe how different the results are (live is a bit better at the moment). Also seeing obvious conditions satisfied for the robot to open a trade but on the live it didnt. As for backtesting/optimising dont even bother. Backtest results over the same period a forward test was done are different again. I dont have the experience to say if its SLM or MT4 in general thats rubbish but running and testing a basic automated system really shouldnt be rocket science.

unlike other SB firms I have tested I had not seen any spikes to Stop sweep. SLM seem to run a fair price and platform.

Therefore my search is over and in April I will be using SLM fully.

Been away for few days only just catching up with this thread - well done JD for comparing like for like and saying what you saw. I really do not buy into this "SLM price lags behind other brokers" nonsense as FX prices are always slightly different due to the nature of the market.

As SB platforms/business models go SLM are the best and they are obviously getting better and any issues are listened to and resolved.

(y) for SLM.

Does anybody else run Expert Advisors with SLM? How are you finding it?
So far for me it seems almost random if they work or not. Same robots on demo and live and you wouldnt believe how different the results are (live is a bit better at the moment). Also seeing obvious conditions satisfied for the robot to open a trade but on the live it didnt. As for backtesting/optimising dont even bother. Backtest results over the same period a forward test was done are different again. I dont have the experience to say if its SLM or MT4 in general thats rubbish but running and testing a basic automated system really shouldnt be rocket science.

Hi.

I am still running robots on the demo account, but only problems I'm having is in the code of the program itself and the faults involved.

When I am happy I will switch them to the live account and will also monitor if there is any difference between trades.

I never had the problem as I'm not on their SB feed. I use their CFD feed.

Now there's a can of worms.... comparing their SB feed to CFD... hmmmm.... do we really wanna go down that road...?! Actually yes.

Regarding that spike on GBPUSD, my SB feed did not show it but clearly it was there for some. But to me the two important issues here are:

a). is this a regular thing or a one off? (either just in GBPUSD or any FX)
b). did anyone get a fair resolution from SLM? (they seem like they are willing to correct errors when you contact them)

Hi.

I am still running robots on the demo account, but only problems I'm having is in the code of the program itself and the faults involved.

When I am happy I will switch them to the live account and will also monitor if there is any difference between trades.

Let me guess.... the faults being that their symbols contain the letters "sb" after the symbol name..? (I had that one too LOL!) :eek:

Hi.

I have been running 2 on the demo for over a month. I put them on a small live account at the weekend. Today has been profitable for them on live and demo (exactly the same settings) but the trades are different on live and demo for both robots. Demo lost a few this morning that the live won. Live lost a few end of the afternoon that the demo won. Overall Demo is up on the live today. Live is up by 7% (using 2% per trade) so not complaining, it was up over 20% at one point but this is the nature of the bots. Got whipsawed a bit this afternoon.

Neither robot is a commercial scalper. Both run a good r:r with strategies that looked profitable but i dont have the patience to make work. What i dont get is they are really basic (like ma cross basic) so why the different results?

Now there's a can of worms.... comparing their SB feed to CFD... hmmmm.... do we really wanna go down that road...?! Actually yes.

Regarding that spike on GBPUSD, my SB feed did not show it but clearly it was there for some. But to me the two important issues here are:

a). is this a regular thing or a one off? (either just in GBPUSD or any FX)
b). did anyone get a fair resolution from SLM? (they seem like they are willing to correct errors when you contact them
)

Very good point Pine. I for one would like the people that were affected on these boards to come out of the woodwork to let us all know.

I have been running 2 on the demo for over a month. I put them on a small live account at the weekend. Today has been profitable for them on live and demo (exactly the same settings) but the trades are different on live and demo for both robots. Demo lost a few this morning that the live won. Live lost a few end of the afternoon that the demo won. Overall Demo is up on the live today. Live is up by 7% (using 2% per trade) so not complaining, it was up over 20% at one point but this is the nature of the bots. Got whipsawed a bit this afternoon.

Neither robot is a commercial scalper. Both run a good r:r with strategies that looked profitable but i dont have the patience to make work. What i dont get is they are really basic (like ma cross basic) so why the different results?

I read on another site were someone was trying compare the ticks or something similar (not with a SLM feed but another company) that there were fewer ticks from the demo account than the live account could something like this maybe have played apart in the different results?

I read on another site were someone was trying compare the ticks or something similar (not with a SLM feed but another company) that there were fewer ticks from the demo account than the live account could something like this maybe have played apart in the different results?

Yes the demo is prob gonna lag behind real account as the bandwidth and server power is going to be reserved for feeding live accounts.

Mata Nui: A demo is only to play about on to get used to the platform/trading/the broker etc.. not to actually take their "indicative" prices literally or build statisical models upon. For that, you would need to pay for data from an non-brokerage data provider or use the live account but again running data from any broker's OWN FX feed is never the answer if you need ultra clean and true data. For that you need to pay (if you pay then you normally get a composite data solution which is the average of X amount of big name feeds for better reliability), or just accept all of the data in the world of FX is indicative/imperfect due to the lack of central exchange, regardless of which broker you got it from. Perhaps trade currency futures instead if true 100% clean historical data is so important. Just an idea.

I am in the UK.

Hi busfarehome, it's usually a big no-no to run 2 antivirus programs on the same PC. I've seen it cause all sorts of problems (apart from crippling your performance).

In my experience the free AVs are not the best and hog resources (but then so do some of the commerial ones).

You should definitely uninstall one of them, not just turn it off.

Jim.

Last edited:
I wonder how SLM's MT4 would cope with a fully automated EA running all week?

I just read about this amazing robot called FAP Turbo, which doubles your account really quick and many people have already purchased so it must actually work. Am buying it now as their website says there's only 27 copies left, I think I've finally found the missing link!!

:)lol:)

I wonder how SLM's MT4 would cope with a fully automated EA running all week?

I just read about this amazing robot called FAP Turbo, which doubles your account really quick and many people have already purchased so it must actually work. Am buying it now as their website says there's only 27 copies left, I think I've finally found the missing link!!

:)lol:)

My apologies to anyone else that wanted to get in on this as i have just brought the remaining 26 they had left :smart: