Smart Live Markets - Spread Bet on MT4

Re: Smart Live Markets - Spread Bet on iPhone

Hi Jason

App is a free download and yes you can switch from Live & Demo accounts.

Charts are very good on all time frames.

My advice is never to enter trades on the go but great for monitoring open trades and prices. And of course Closing trades :-0

But if you want to trade on the go it is one of the best apps supported by Forex on the Go
Thanks, it sounds as though you have had a good experience with the App platform.

Are there any indicators available on the App charts such as MA's?

Thanks, it sounds as though you have had a good experience with the App platform.

Are there any indicators available on the App charts such as MA's?

No just candlestick.

Open a Demo acc then download app to get free access to see if SLM is for you. Risk free :smart:

No just candlestick.

Open a Demo acc then download app to get free access to see if SLM is for you. Risk free :smart:

I can’t do that I’m afraid. I do not have an iPhone.
That’s really what all the questions are about.

My mobile contract is up for renewal and I am wondering if it is worth getting an iPhone to trail stops, add to positions and scale out of positions.

The contemplation is because I have no other need for an iPhone. So I am trying to judge the value I might get from the SLM app, before buying one without being able to try it out.

Incidentally what is under the tools tab and are the tools any good?

I can’t do that I’m afraid. I do not have an iPhone.
That’s really what all the questions are about.

My mobile contract is up for renewal and I am wondering if it is worth getting an iPhone to trail stops, add to positions and scale out of positions.

The contemplation is because I have no other need for an iPhone. So I am trying to judge the value I might get from the SLM app, before buying one without being able to try it out.

Incidentally what is under the tools tab and are the tools any good?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51V1hjt7Pyk

This is a demo of the app which is supported by Forex On The Go to SLM for MT4

I missed the debate on the smartlive spike but checked their demo, and live as I run them all on VMs and TadawulFX live each platform is saving the data to file. Smartlive went to 1.62695 at the same high on TadawulFX it went to 1.6205 it's a bit weird how some Smartlive users can't see it but some can. Some gremlins at smartlive on GBPUSD

Reactions: tar
to add to the mystery I had a system short on GBPUSD that in fairness got stopped just before the spike but I'm wondering did they have too many positions on one side and they targetted some customers but not others. Does beg the question.

Read my post you T*AT.

Ooo sophisticated reply.

Still chuckling that you think an indicator can make a candle go haywire and also get prices triggered from it.

All the people saying report to SLM. I did and they said a problem with their feed. Must be a huge problem if only a certain amt are getting the spike on sb feeds.

This thread is about experiences of SLM is it not? Am I only supposed to post nice things here?

I never had the problem as I'm not on their SB feed. I use their CFD feed.

However, multiple people in my trading room experienced either a win or a loss. I'll find out today what the outcome was of their losses etc.

I never had the problem as I'm not on their SB feed. I use their CFD feed.

However, multiple people in my trading room experienced either a win or a loss. I'll find out today what the outcome was of their losses etc.

:eek:

Yes the reason I say that is if you open a position to amend on the MT4 to change the SL or TP Price you'll see at the bottom of the ticket:

Stop Loss or Take Profit you set must differ from market price by at least 0 pips
On SLM its 0 on Hot Forex its 30, so if you open a SELL say it drops 20 pips I like to scalp so I'd take half off (Close lots) move SL to break even and let it run. But on HF as your within 30 pips it won't let you change SL price to entry.
Ok for some but if you got a few pairs to watch this is not ideal for me but you have to find a platform that fits your style, always demo a platform before depositing cash (y)

Hi JD

I've just spoken to HotForex and the MT4 order window is not correct, it's not 30 pips but 3 pips which seems to be constant across the pairs. SLM however seem to change this parameter according to the pair, the max I can find is 2 the low 0.

Hi JD

I've just spoken to HotForex and the MT4 order window is not correct, it's not 30 pips but 3 pips which seems to be constant across the pairs. SLM however seem to change this parameter according to the pair, the max I can find is 2 the low 0.

Both SLM & Hot Forex are 5 digits so your trading on the fractional pip

Re: Meta Trader 4

the company that i use is www.H-L.co.uk they are very good and was before 10p but now mini is 20p but they charge you for your stop lost wich is very bad and they are 2points away to the real price it is al together like 3 or maybe 4 point away, do you know any one with better spread like 1point away gbp/usd
thank you

Hello,

I'm considering opening an account with SLM. I note that SLM have MT4 on the Ipad. Does this version run EAs (probably not given the weak specs of the older Ipad, but the Ipad 2 is now quite a processor heavy machine so should be doable)?

I don't presently own an Ipad/Iphone to download and test this so would be grateful for an answer from SLM or an SLM user that uses their version of metatrader on the Ipad.

SLM, if this is not presently possible on the Ipad, is this something you could consider for the Ipad 2 given how powerful it is supposed to be or does this rest solely with the guys who make Metatrader and, therefore, outside your control? I hope to save and be able to buy a tablet later this year (dreams, dreams!) and am trying to make sure that any potential future purchase is compatible with trading requirements and my preferred SB broker.

The alternative appears to be to pay for a VPS service which runs Metatrader 4 and access this from an Ipad2 /other tablet that I may buy in the future, but there will be a montly cost to using a VPS service which I cannot presently afford. Alternatively, I could run Metatrader on a home desktop and remote log in using my Ipad (with something like Logmein) but this would mean keeping my desktop running at all times while at work (not good for the longevity of my home desktop, or the environment or my electricity bills!) and it all sounds a bit complicated.

Any information/thoughts gratefully received. The end objective is to spreadbet with MT4 (hence the interest in SLM) on a tablet, with the ability to use EAs. The reason is that this is the easiest way to trade on the journey to and from work or at select times such as lunch breaks during the working day. Note, I cannot download any software (including MT4) to my computer at work.

All the best.

Hi folks,

Bumping my post in case someone can help. Didn't want it to get missed in the excitement of the last 24 hours re. the spike.

thanks.

I checked this, and although it didn't affect me, I clearly had the spike on my live account but NOT on the demo - very weird.