Smart Live Markets - Spread Bet on MT4

EDIT: well MY specific MT4 platform is amazing because I have customised it with loads of scripts so it's the easiest thing to use - dragging orders, trading off the charts with lines for stops etc, the MT4 bashers should try it sometime :D

Is this chart trading EA one of yours, or is it freebie? Been looking for something that functions like Ninja for ages.:?:

Is this chart trading EA one of yours, or is it freebie? Been looking for something that functions like Ninja for ages.:?:

Here is the link to one i use (its on another forum but hopefully the mods wont remove it). Its free.

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=245521

Its quite good. You get a line for your order which you can move by dragging. Once your order is filled you get lines for Stop and TP which you can also drag. There are lots of defaults you can also set (it is an EA after all).

Sometimes the actual order prices lag a bit when you drag but this is easy to see. I find setting the SL and TP on MT4 a bit of a pain using the built in modify order function. Despite its occasional issues this makes life much easier.

If the mods remove the link google for 'Visual Order Editor'.

while other sb's are busy trading this morning, SLM is still tucked up in bed

e.g FTSE 5772 up 60 pts

this will show as a gap up on SLM

Dax and CAC are trading

Last edited:
not sure I really understand your question zorba

but I am trading it with my CMC account

is that what you meant ?

now 5790

Last edited:
You're quite right, I was in my own little world. I meant 'is there any way to profit from the fact that SLM open later, resulting in a gap when they open?'

I'm thinking of the current fashion to trade the Sunday night opening gap.

nothing occurs to me off hand zorba except the devious

if you have placed a stop on SLM and you think the early market is going against you then trade with CMC to hedge and dont log in to SLM and your stop wont be executed

if the market then reverses in your favour then close CMC and login to SLM

but this tactic carries a wealth warning and is not a recommendation

I'd have to understand it for it to work I think. Surely SLM would hit the stop anyway as it's server side?

Hullo All'
I am a spreadbetting man who has been driven away from CMC in shear frustration at their charting packages both new and old.I have just opened a demo account with Smart Live Markets and have been pleasantly suprised at how good the charting package is .How do they rate with people here as a company to deal with?.I have been with CMC for years and they have good and bad points but on the whole i found them okay to deal with but now can no longer put up with their charts.

Here is the link to one i use (its on another forum but hopefully the mods wont remove it). Its free.

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=245521

Its quite good. You get a line for your order which you can move by dragging. Once your order is filled you get lines for Stop and TP which you can also drag. There are lots of defaults you can also set (it is an EA after all).

Sometimes the actual order prices lag a bit when you drag but this is easy to see. I find setting the SL and TP on MT4 a bit of a pain using the built in modify order function. Despite its occasional issues this makes life much easier.

If the mods remove the link google for 'Visual Order Editor'.

Thanks for that. I think I tried a version of it a while ago, but I'll give it another go.

Lol as I guessed. Filled at 5750 when market opened at 5673. Amazing!!!!

Hello
And you were cash adjusted within 2 minutes to correct that as the system filled you incorrectly. Please tell the whole story. ( Except for demo accounts as there are too many)

Regards
SLM

Had last two pending orders filled then immediatelty deleted with comments no money, got the balance to cover stops so why , on eur/usd

Hello

MT4 is not 'orders aware'.
If you had the money to cover where your stops were it does not mean you had enough for a new position.

Regards
SLM

Just thought i'd warn people off using 'Smart Live Markets'

I've been using them for several months now to test systems. Why? Because their a spreadbetting UK company that uses MT4, has good spreads and allows bets from 10p (ideal for testing strategies).

So whats the problem? Re-quotes........dozens of them.......re-quotes on re-quotes........and if it's not re-quotes it's 'invalid price'............an example; today i enter a trade and decided to exit while still in profit, after 4 'invalid prices' and then 3 re-quote I ended up having to adjust a pre-set stop loss to exit (for -12pips). Thing is this isn't a one off. It happen's almost every time now. Yesterday I stopped trading because I had so many 'invalid price' quotes i couldn't enter or exit. To top it off i've moved my spread deviation to +5, still no use.

Anyone who wants spreadbetting with MT4 should open a free MT4 demo account to use for charting and open a Trade Fare, IG index, finspread.....i've used all with NO re-quote/invalid price problems

If you see this post on other forum's I'm not doing it out of spite (well maybe a little), i'm also not a competitor. I'm not after an arguement or a debaite. I'm just giving my an honest account of my experiences. Smart Live Spreads is crap!

Hello

Thank your for your comments.
We do not have ESP.
If you do not tell us about problems you are having then how can we help you.
Please get in contact directly, if you wish, and we will try and sort out your problem.
It maybe your ISP or settings or something else.
We are here to help, if you allow us to.

Regards
SLM

Well I can echo Kraven's comments. I have been experiencing exactly the same thing.

No idea of the cause and I will keep using them.

Once I begin trading with an account of significant size I will move to somewhere with ndd.

Hello
Please get in touch if you have a problem.
How can we help if we do not know what problems you are having.

Regards
SLM

I'd have to understand it for it to work I think. Surely SLM would hit the stop anyway as it's server side?

Hello
No, funny enough we are not here to be had over.
Any orders, limits or stops would be gapped filled on the open.

We will increase the opening times of the FTSE at some stage.The futures market is open throughout the night, but liquidity is poor and is open to abuse...(ie its not hard to move the market).

If you feel confident trading with other companies that do open the FTSE during this period then please carry on.

We quote the Dow, S&P and Nasdaq throughout the night and the CAC and DAX open one hour earier than the FTSE.

There is no conspiracy theory going on with us. We are here to help genuine clients, but making a market in FTSE out of hours is a double edged sword, which if you trade you need to be VERY aware of what is going on, and who you trade with.

Regards
SLM

I'd just like to say Kudos to SLM for making the creation of an account and withdrawals/ deposits super, super easy.

No tedious form filling, supplying of id or account processing taking days etc etc.

Very refreshing(y)

Hey guys look at this, I would like to know your opinion of what is going on here in this screenshot...

My order SL was @ 1.42180 and the order was stopped out at that level, however the price never reached 1.42180!! ?? Look at this High's in the price data, what's going on here?

How can this be right?

Attachments

• stop-loss.png
    stop-loss.png
    49.4 KB · Views: 188