Smart Live Markets - Spread Bet on MT4

Is this chart trading EA one of yours, or is it freebie? Been looking for something that functions like Ninja for ages.:?:

Ross, sorry I don't get on here everyday, just saw this.

I use this one:

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=93091

Simple to use, speaks for itself, you can go into code and make the defaults what you want. It draws a stoploss line, a take profit line, a cancel pending order line, a set pending order line etc just turn off what you don't want.

Really is useful and frankly MT4 should have it built in IMO :)

Ross, sorry I don't get on here everyday, just saw this.

I use this one:

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=93091

Simple to use, speaks for itself, you can go into code and make the defaults what you want. It draws a stoploss line, a take profit line, a cancel pending order line, a set pending order line etc just turn off what you don't want.

Really is useful and frankly MT4 should have it built in IMO :)

This is the latest version:

http://en.luktom.biz/Page/447/luktom...l-order-editor

Hey cool I didn't know it was an ongoing project :)

EDIT: see how this suddenly becomes the best spreadbet platform in the world? MT4 with these kind of EAs and scripts becomes an SB dream. This is why I am sticking with SmartLive through any teething problems. This is why I want them to thrive and grow year on year. All other SB brokers have completely missed a trick with regards to MT4. Compare this setup to, say, CMC or IG. They don't even come close.

Last edited:
Hello chaps and chappesses, hope trading is going well for you.

I am loving the MT4 platform, it works well most the time. No disconnections like I got on my other PC, 90% reduction in requotes, mostly when price is moving fast, can put up with that.

A couple of weeks ago I lost connection on desktop and laptop through the same router, all other internet sites and alpari MT4 platform worked fine.
Never heard back from SLM, don't blame them actually, much more important things to do than spend time trying to get a demo account online that clearly is not their fault.
I am sure the problem/fault lies my end.

Next day all was fine. Same problem happened exactly 1 week later.

Happened again this morning (6 days later) at 11:15. Alpari stayed connected.
If I close both PC's down uplug the router and start everything up again I can connect to SLM.
So I am pleased to have found a solution as I want to go live soon as trading is going well.

Someone suggested that maybe it's my IP getting blocked causing this problem.

Just wondered if anyone knew why and how that would happen?

Hello chaps and chappesses, hope trading is going well for you.

I am loving the MT4 platform, it works well most the time. No disconnections like I got on my other PC, 90% reduction in requotes, mostly when price is moving fast, can put up with that.

A couple of weeks ago I lost connection on desktop and laptop through the same router, all other internet sites and alpari MT4 platform worked fine.
Never heard back from SLM, don't blame them actually, much more important things to do than spend time trying to get a demo account online that clearly is not their fault.
I am sure the problem/fault lies my end.

Next day all was fine. Same problem happened exactly 1 week later.

Happened again this morning (6 days later) at 11:15. Alpari stayed connected.
If I close both PC's down uplug the router and start everything up again I can connect to SLM.
So I am pleased to have found a solution as I want to go live soon as trading is going well.

Someone suggested that maybe it's my IP getting blocked causing this problem.

Just wondered if anyone knew why and how that would happen?

Do you by any chance have 2 different versions of anti virus software running?

Someone had a similar problem this was the cause.

I have a question for SLM about Volume

for example, on Cable, what does your volume data represent ?

as the price data feed is apparently your own does the volume represent your own level of transactions
or does it come directly from your own data feed suppliers

I have a question for SLM about Volume

for example, on Cable, what does your volume data represent ?

as the price data feed is apparently your own does the volume represent your own level of transactions
or does it come directly from your own data feed suppliers

What's called volume at MT4 it doesnt represent volume in anyway ...

What's called volume at MT4 it doesnt represent volume in anyway ...

How can true volume be measured when there is no central market!

I have always assumed volume is measured/created by movement over a certain period & thus MT4 being as accurate as any other means!

Tar
I dont know what on earth to make from your reply
not very helpful at all

tph
we dont need a central market in order to record transaction volume from SLM's data feed group of banks

why dont we just wait for SLM to respond

Tar
I dont know what on earth to make from your reply
not very helpful at all

simple : what u see on your Metatrader is not real volume : "number of contracts traded during the period in question ... " , it is rather price updates or price changes it's called tick volume , it could do the trick for some traders but it is not volume ... i am talking about forex only , but i assume this apply to other markets as well ...

Last edited:
simple : what u see on your Metatrader is not real volume : "number of contracts traded during the period in question ... " , it is rather price updates or price changes it's called tick volume , it could do the trick for some traders but it is not volume ... i am talking about forex only ...

in what way do you think that "contracts traded" is not volume ?

I would be interested to know what you would expect to see as your view of "volume"