Small Cap Stocks Day Trading Journey ($25,000 Challenge)

I know some of you guys slayed the $MITO beast so congrats. Is hard to pull a lesson out of this one because usually cutting those losses quick is the right decision.. this time it just wasn't the case. If I entered with the second allocation a bit later maybe that would have saved the trade ($HTBX $SCON also in review)

Tough too say, luckily we ended the day green and tomorrow we'll be back at it!

Attachments

• MITO.PNG
    MITO.PNG
    2.5 MB · Views: 108
  • SCON.PNG
    SCON.PNG
    2.6 MB · Views: 104
Last edited:
2 biotechs with floats south of 10m $APOP & $ARCT are the lead gappers for today. Both a bit messy pre-market not totally sold yet on either. Will have the Post-Pre-Market scanner running for sure. Remember we are trying to find the "most obvious lead gapper"

Late recap due to some huge issues with rendering, corrupted files left and right.. atleast we had one major win today and that was in our challenge account. Yesterday $MITO ran away from us but today we got it's twin setup with $APOP, couldn't ask to be dealt a better hand today. Was refreshing having under 20 stocks on the scanner again after such a wild last few days. See ya guys tomorrow!

Also discussed: $ARCT $GLDS $OCUL $CTRM

Attachments

• APOP.PNG
    APOP.PNG
    2.6 MB · Views: 95
US Mortgage Investment company with a float of only 0.16M this should get interesting with our lead gapper $COGN also watching $CANF as our second lead gapper

Something in the air today made me feel like it would be a weird day. I think it was the lack of finding a clear gapper first thing and then running into endless software issues in the last 24 hours.

Was a lot of fun on the stream today with you guys, looking forward to another day of slaying the #markets! Let's hope we don't snag another $COHN..

Reviewed $CANF $HTBX $AHPI

Attachments

• AHPI-1.PNG
    AHPI-1.PNG
    2.6 MB · Views: 105
  • HTBX.PNG
    HTBX.PNG
    2.8 MB · Views: 80
Last edited:
$DRAD USA Medical Appliances & Equipment Company gapping 80%+ PM and $NNVC a recent former runner our 2 lead gappers for today

It wasn't my best day but at least it wasn't a big red one. Looking back I got to say I'm a bit mesmerized at how easily it could have been a profitable day. Just need to stick to the original game plan and get aggressive in that first 15 min.

One thing I could definitely do is allocated 3 trades on days like this to reduce risk. $DRAD $NNVC $ENZ reviewed.

Attachments

• DRAD.PNG
    DRAD.PNG
    2.5 MB · Views: 82
  • ENZ.PNG
    ENZ.PNG
    2.8 MB · Views: 103
Last edited:
No challenge account trades from me today but wow... $SPEX & $AIM were last minute lead gappers this morning as I opened the live stream late due to missed adjustments in my Berlin timezone US daylight savings.. luckily it didn't really matter because days like today, where there's record high vol, market wide halts and freezing TOS - it's okay to not get too aggressive in the first 15 min.

The whole US markets got halted right in the first 4 min of the market open. That was absolutely insane to be part of in real-time. Lot's of opportunities on dip buys on days like today, got to be careful with breakouts and a laggy TOS

I decided to not trade but got very close several times, was more of a popcorn and learn kinda day $SPEX #AIM $VXRT $INO

Both US biotechs with roughly 37m float $NOVN $KALA not the most classic lead gappers most stocks on the gap scanner are big bounces like $YTEN - $SPY up 5% pre-market

I was able to avoid a lot of the stress and extreme volatility risk today by reducing my trade allocation and focusing on pull-backs rather than breakouts. Landed 3 green trades today 2 of which we could have let run much much longer but got to be careful out there.

In review $NOVN $KALA $AIM $AYTU $SFET $YTEN $INO
See ya guys tomorrow!

Attachments

• AIM-1.PNG
    AIM-1.PNG
    2.7 MB · Views: 79
  • SFET.PNG
    SFET.PNG
    2.4 MB · Views: 88
  • AYTU.PNG
    AYTU.PNG
    2.7 MB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Traders we're really undecided with $TLSA today. Fakeouts left and right, it was a hard one to trade and I'm happy that I was able to walk away green even if it was just a couple of bucks. $KALA messed me up a bit today, coulda should woulda sold that puppy pre-market to get it out of my head (plus we're up 10%+).

Today was a good reminder about why I like to take profits quickly. Always a cringe when you close a 10-15% profitable trade for a loss. $BKYI $CODX

Attachments

• KALA.PNG
    KALA.PNG
    2.5 MB · Views: 83
  • TLSA.PNG
    TLSA.PNG
    2.6 MB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Many big bounces from former runners yesterday and today but we also got 2 new big lead gappers on their first green day $POAI $CEM (but does it even matter? Markets already down 7% PM time for market wide halt!?)

Big red day but stayed afloat by focusing on the lead gappers, lowering position sizes, pull-backs rather than breakouts and then wrapping up by 11 because after that we all know I'm even more #spacey.

$CEMI $POAI $CHFS $INO $CODX $AIM $SPCB $DSS

Attachments

• CHFS.PNG
    CHFS.PNG
    2.7 MB · Views: 88
  • POAI.PNG
    POAI.PNG
    2.5 MB · Views: 104
Last edited:
#FridayThe13th, the $SPY up 9% and more gappers (or should I say bouncers) on the scanner than I can count. Safe to say I'll take today slow. For now watching $CANF & $IBIO but who knows.. regardless this will a Friday for the books for sure

Before the market even opened I knew I'd be sitting on my hands most of the day. Just not the price action we want to see when the whole market is basically in a dead cat bounce. Our gap scanner was more like a bounce scanner and vol was sucked out of the small cap world.

Always good to have some time off on the weekend but super looking forward to a normalizing market and new gappers - Happy weekend everyone!

$CANF $IBIO $JDST $OPK $BOXL $GLBS

Attachments

• OPK.PNG
    OPK.PNG
    2.7 MB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Almost cried from joy when I ran the scanner today it's been a while since we've had south of 15 stocks on the gap scanner. Could see some nice b/o's today $OBCI & $OPGN - $SPY down 11% already this will be an interesting open

2nd day in a row with no trades during the stream. Looking forward to some cleaner setups and ideally, no market halts ha saw some of you guys make some nice trades today. Tomorrow we'll be back at it and ready to go - Ready to get more aggressive again but only if the markets give us the right setups!

$OBCI $OPGN $JNUG $JDSI

$WTRH sympathy play after home food/cooking delivery company $APRN had a big rally? $CODX also up on #FDA approval news. Markets don't look like they will be haled (at the open). Stay safe and good luck everyone!