Slow Access To Pages

ChartMan said:
A suggestion then Skim, do your browsing whilst sitting on the loo, thus saving valuable time. :cheesy:

Errr Chartman - I think Skim is one step ahead of you. :cheesy:

toilet.jpg

BTW I'm currently using a 56k modem and it seems ssssssoooooo slow - If I had to trade off this, I would have to use 60 min bars!!!!

Hahaha. Actually that's not mine - you can tell because the lid has been left up. :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

(just something that all girls will understand)

Slow Access To Pages
(Maybe its just me) But does any other member think that access to the pages on this great site has slowed AGAIN :rolleyes:

Hope you do not mind me asking AGAIN SHARKY :(

Yes, I've had real slow access today- 10 - 20 seconds per page....
But it's ok now.

page load could be quicker

but I have started to get pages which fail to load.
but do load after refresh of error page.

?

Hi all,

Yeah I've noticed it too. Over the past few months the site has been receiving an ever increasing amount of traffic - practically ever new month that passes being our busiest yet.

In the past he site has been happily hosted on a shared server along with probably well over 100 other websites (few as busy as this one though).

Over the next few months the problem is likely to only get worse, so at some point we're going to have to move the whole site to a dedicated server - which as you can guess is a whole lot more expensive. Thankfully the busier the site gets the more advertising revenue we can generate and the more viable a dedicated server for the site becomes. Also our online store opening in the next week or so, should help to.

I'm going to be monitoring the situation and looking at our options for a dedicated server. Our current hosts have served us well in the past, so perhaps they might be able to suggest some interim solution.

Well the upgrade went smothly yesterday and so far there has been nothing to suggest we'll get a repeat of the problems we had a couple of weeks ago.

Certainly the site feels a lot faster, particularly the front page and the forum pages - which were unacceptably slow yesterday (it was driving me mad!).

Sorry Paul but not noticeably better today for me - afternoons seem worse - is it your isp bandwidth overloading as kids do their homework :) :)
Ron

Perhaps you could monitor it for a few days and let me know if there's a difference - it does seem a lot faster for me - although sometimes its difficult to tell whether the reason it's slow is the speed of the site or problems with my less than perfect adsl connections.

We're exeperiencing a high server load this evening which is affecting the speed of the site. Apologies for any inconvenience caused, engineers are currently monitoring the situation - and hopefully we should be back to normal very soon.

The site was down for approx 40 mins this afternoon, from 4:20pm to 5:00pm - the cause of which was a problem with our web hosting file server. This now appears to have been resolved.

Please accept our apologies for the disruption to normal service.

Seems very slow to me. Jumping from page to page is nowhere near as fast as b4.

It did seem slow over the weekend but it appears to be back to normal today.

The access to t2w pages has been REALLY slow at various points today.

It's a real swine when you have to chop a session and come back and find your 'most recent visit' timestamp has been updated and you have to trawl manually through all the threads to get the ones you missed.

I think it's all those big, hairy FX traders (and that's just the women...) in their brand, spanking new, fancy, hifalutin FX Trading Chat Room...

Come on guys, give us back our bandwidth....

At least you have time to make a cuppa while you wait for the pages to come up.

TheBramble:

If you lose your 'most recent timestamp', just go to (at the top of the page) Discussion, View Latest Threads. This will list the threads in order with the most recent first, making it easier to see what you've missed.

Thanks Skim.

I really must spend some time checking out the facilities in this gaff... :eek: