Site Down

Sharky

Staff
Site went down at approx 6:00am BST for about 6 hours. We've now resolved the problem on the server, and it's business as usual. Sorry for the disruption to your daily dose of T2W.

Afraid so.. for you early birds.

We know the cause of the problem, and hopefully can make sure it doesn't happen again.

some more 50p for the meter please Paul

and dont try and kid us that its one of those ultra modern state of the art servers that only take £2 coins

Site was down this morning some time after 3:30am BST, until just after 11:00am BST. Apologies for the outage - the problem has now been resolved.

Problem with the site display:

hi folks - sorry about the display right now. We're aware of the problem and are working to resolve it ASAP.

The problem with the display has been temporarily fixed - apologies it took so long!

Apologies for the outage this morning which lasted about half an hour. We ran out of disk space because a process was logging it's actions a bit too furiously. All fixed now.

Thats what you call one enormous log!! a bog-blocker... or in this case, a site blocker :cheesy:

Apologies for the downtime this afternoon. The problem has now been rectified and normal service has resumed.

Apologies for the site downtime earlier this morning.
We have now rectified the issues and normal service has been resumed.

Thanks,

EK1

I’m glad its not just me then.

It is appalling, slow speeds unusable much of the time, sometimes no access at all, lost postings, having to retype again and again. Have to use a word processor now to compose messages.

It is not fixed.

Utter disgrace.

Thankfully the new site will rectify these problems we've had of late - just one week to go. Please bear with us in the interim, we're fully aware that the current service is straining to keep up with the demand for the site.

Hi all,

Apologies for the site downtime that occurred earlier this morning.
We are looking into what caused it.

Thanks,

EK1

...Yes the site has been erratic for last few days I think....

I use Live Messanger and Live Search tabs with IE 7 and have had problems keeping myself logged on.....

The site at times appears too slow as well....Although it has it's moments....

Was the site down this morning for a very long time? Had to go to FF to look at what was happening in the FX world :eek:

Anyone that knows me on here (never actually met anyone though) want to exchange msn/ skype details for future reference? We can live chat on there from time to time. I promise I don't sell anything and don't plan to either!! :cheesy: Although I do have an old PIII 1ghz that some of you on here could do with, bit quicker than your machines maybe ;)

Am I allowed to even ask for contact details? Soz if not.

Was the site down this morning for a very long time? Had to go to FF to look at what was happening in the FX world :eek:

Anyone that knows me on here (never actually met anyone though) want to exchange msn/ skype details for future reference? We can live chat on there from time to time. I promise I don't sell anything and don't plan to either!! :cheesy: Although I do have an old PIII 1ghz that some of you on here could do with, bit quicker than your machines maybe ;)

Am I allowed to even ask for contact details? Soz if not.

mmm, what popped into my head , I was trying to access this site 6.45 Am , was maybe Trade2win could setup an IRC chat, trade2win branded alternative for downtime that extends hours...... ?

If trade2win cant or wont do it, maybe someone can set a room up for downtime squawking :)

Sorry - what's the difference between that and the chatrooms they operate already? (excuse my ignorance)

GJ

Hello, I thought trade2win scrapped their live chat? Also when trade2wins database is down. This trade2win chat should be located on another web based IRC chat channel to make easy browser access outside of trade2wins Server provider.

In short a back up .... Ive not been on an IRC chat channel in about 10 years, but it would offer hassle free access. I assume?

Dare say weve all got MSN skype etc but a browser based chat stored in your wed based favourates would make it just a click away.