New T2W Server

TheBramble

Legendary member
8,394 1,170
Spell Checker

Sharky, any reason why the move would lead the spell checker let a post with the word 'seruous' go as OK?

Sharky

Admin
5,648 440
Well spotted.. it doesn't seem to pick up any of my misspelt words. Will get this fixed.

Hopefully now that the new server IP address seems to have propogated across the net, no one else is having any more issues with logging in or thumbnails. But, if you do spot anything unusual, then do let us know.

The server move went really well - everything appears to be running normally, and we'll be monitoring the server closely next week to see how it handles the busiest periods. But the site already feels a lot more responsive and shouldn't be prone to any of the outages, or slowdowns we've been plagued with in recent months.

TheBramble

Legendary member
8,394 1,170
Sharky, any idea wen the spill-chocker will bee funkshuning agin?

ardhill

263 4
Hey even the uploads go quicker, or has someone just increased my broadband without me noticing?

Actually it must be the server, 'cause my broadband was increased a while ago by my nice kind ISP, they upped it, then told me afterwards. Just as well they told me 'cause I never noticed and ran a speed check just to see if they were telling me the truth.

JonnyT

2,560 22
When can we enjoy the new server?

I'm well pissed off with the slow page loads despite 2mbit broadband

JonnyT

zzaxx99

151 3
Sorry to say this chaps, but performance has been absolutely dreadful the last few days. Reached a nadir yesterday, when it was taking so long to open threads (well over a minute each), that I gave up. Somewhat better today, but still takes an age to open most threads.

zzaxx99

151 3
As a matter of interest, I've just timed how long it takes to show the page after clicking on "Discussion" - average of 19 seconds, which feels waaaaay too long.

I'm on a 8Mb connection here, P4/2660MHz PC and IE6 SP1 with a stack of hotfixes

rossored

2,103 56
Well I've just done the same timing myself, and it takes under 3 seconds to open the discussion boards page, and under 2 seconds to open a thread from there.

I'll give Paul a nudge to check it himself, but I cant replicate those sort of performance stats at my end, and I'm only on a measly 512k connection.

blackcab

Established member
523 51
It still feels slow here too, at work on a leased line and at home on broadband. I get several delays of 20-30 seconds waiting to open threads etc., but sometimes it goes as fast as it should. Is it all off-the-shelf vBulletin code or is there a lot of customised T2W code in there?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock