T2W Moving to New Servers

Sharky

Staff
I'm pleased to announce that we'll shortly be moving the site to new servers. Whilst we're remaining with our current hosting provider, The Planet, we're replacing our current server with 2 new, more powerful servers. For those that like technical specs, here's the lowdown:

Existing Server Setup:

1 x P4 2.8 GB Xeon, 2GB Ram, 73GB SCSI Raid 2.

New Server Setup:

2 x P4 3.2 GB Xeon, 4GB Ram, 300GB SCSI Raid 2.

The new server setup will ensure that the site remains as fast as ever and has plenty of scope to upscale to the increasing amount of traffic we're getting on the site.

I'll keep you posted on the actual migration date and any possible downtime for the site whilst we work busily in the background moving everything over. As always we'll do everything to minimise disruption to the site. :D

ps. In case you didn't know our servers are located in Dallas, Texas

I'm pleased to announce that we'll shortly be moving the site to new servers. Whilst we're remaining with our current hosting provider, The Planet, we're replacing our current server with 2 new, more powerful servers. For those that like technical specs, here's the lowdown:

Existing Server Setup:

New Server Setup:

The new server setup will ensure that the site remains as fast as ever and has plenty of scope to upscale to the increasing amount of traffic we're getting on the site.

I'll keep you posted on the actual migration date and any possible downtime for the site whilst we work busily in the background moving everything over. As always we'll do everything to minimise disruption to the site. :D

WOW, moderators will be able to ban people twice as fast as before :-0

WOW, moderators will be able to ban people twice as fast as before :-0

n_t, contrary to popular myth on here, we haven't banned anyone recently, apart from spammers and trolls, oh and sneaky serial clandestine advertisers peddling stuff, they are the only ones getting the flick, you will notice that the banned members thread being nice a quite for ages now (y)

Nice to know we are getting extra speed to do the hunting Sharky :D

Existing Server Setup:

New Server Setup:

Nice! Just out of technical curiosity, what kind of platform are you guys running and which db?

It's linux (debian distro) with php and mySQL database, and a phat turbo charged engine! ;)

It's linux (debian distro) with php and mySQL database, and a phat turbo charged engine! ;)

Figured it had to be LAMP :)

I've set up a similar test configuration (smaller version of what you guys have) once. Works pretty neat.

The server move has been scheduled for Thurs 12:00am, midnight, BST (that's Weds 7pm EST).

The site will be off-line for about 1-2 hours, while we move migrate everything across. Hopefully you'll notice the speed difference particularly during busier periods (although the site is already pretty zippy at the moment).

There's been a few outages today - nothing to worry about, just we sent out reminders to everyone who hadn't activated their accounts and unknowingly overstretched the server with the amount of emails in such a short space of time. Hopefully will be smooth sailing from now on...

Big server move tonight though, we'll be burning the midnight oil. :sleep:

With regards to emails, I have just recieved two partner emails regarding Greg Secker - exactly the same. This is the first time it has happened so may be related to work you are doing at the moment.

Its not a problem - just thought you ought to know.

Chris

I'm glad you let me know - seems as if the problems earlier coincided with an email going out and it caused it to resend it to everyone again! Urgh! I'm really sorry about that - our intention is never to spam people! I've stopped the mailing now :oops:

We'll be closing the server down in about 20mins, @ 12 midnight GMT (7pm EST) - should be down no more than a few hours.

We'll be closing the server down in about 20mins, @ 12 midnight GMT (7pm EST) - should be down no more than a few hours.

I think DbPhoenix has been hacking into your system again. I got the following error message when trying to access an article.

Warning: mysqli_errno() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, boolean given in /usr/share/php/DB/mysqli.php on line 924
DB Error: unknown error

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/291884-post1.html

We successfully moved across to the new servers last night. Please note there are bound to be some gremlins in the system, we're working to quickly fix these - if you spot anything add them to this thread. At the moment current bug list is:

- Custom Avatars not showing
- Articles Problem

We successfully moved across to the new servers last night. Please note there are bound to be some gremlins in the system, we're working to quickly fix these - if you spot anything add them to this thread. At the moment current bug list is:

- Articles Problem

The following problem already occured before the move, but I might as well mention it here too:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/general-trading-chat/28553-save-pdf-post388193.html#post388193
See also my comment here.

- Articles Problem

Im havin some probs with pages continually loading. Sometimes the gifs are broken too.