Site Down Time

Sharky

Staff
As you will be aware the site was inaccessible from about 10:30 until 12:00 this morning. The cause of this downtime was a problem with the database server. Although I don't at present know the exact details - if the server does go down and needs to be rebooted then it normally takes a while to get it back up and running, as it has to go through various system checks. However everything now appears to be back to normal, and we can only apologise for the disruption to your T2W service.

Paul

thanks - my two hour frustration only goes to prove how much I value T2W, felt quite lost without it!!

Good trading

Jon

Unfortunately the website was down again for just over 30 mins this evening from about 22:50 to 23:25. There appeared to be a connectivity issue with the database server and we are currently investigating the cause of the problem. However normal service has now been resumed and no further outages are anticipated.

Paul.

Paul ..

never say no "further outages are anticipated".. because if you do you can bet your last penny that there will be one!! :LOL:

well thats been my experiance as a IT manager for the last 25years anyway.... left that all behind me now thank goodness...

Another outage this evening for about 30 mins. Apologies for any inconvenience caused - engineers have now fixed the problem.

Regards,

We experienced another outage this morning, that lasted from about 6:00am to just after 10:00am.

Apologies for this disruption to normal service. The problem was caused by a failure of the primary fileserver, which caused an outage of web services (so no web pages could be delivered). However engineers worked as quickly as possible to recover the machine - regrettably this took four hours to achieve, but thankfully full service has now been resumed.

Paul

Just shows how much I value T2W - I felt VERY deprived!!!

Glad we're back on song.

good trading

jon

Well looks like we spoke too soon! We appear to be back online again, or I wouldn't be writing this update. But I'm offering no guarantees as to whether it will stay like that. I understand they're having to use a backup server while the main one is being working on, and this won't be back up until tomorrow morning at the earliest, so it could be a bumpy ride until then. Please bear with us, and apologies again for the inconvenience!

Status Update

Members will have noticed yesterday that there were periods of downtime during the day. Apologies for the disruption - the result of ongoing restoration to the failed server yesterday. However we're assured that work should be complete this morning, so no further disruption is anticipated.

Another outage late this afternoon, meant that the site was down for nearly 3 hours - from just before 5:00pm until about 7:45pm.

Our web hosts inform us that they had a problem with the web server, that required it to be rebooted. Subsequently there were further difficulties in getting the file systems on the server to complete their integrity checks and this held up the site coming back online.

Apologies for the delay and disruption to normal service, and thanks you for your patience.

Don't worry Sharky - integrity checks on Wall Street are taking a lot longer.....! :LOL:

Keep up the good work....... ;)

Another outage this morning lasting several hours and finally resolved at approx 9:45am.

This was caused (I am reliably informed) by a shortage of network buffers - so I'm looking into what that actually means, and the techies are looking into what caused it and why it took such a long time to resolve.

Thanks for your patience.