Should vendors only be allowed to post a 'vendor section'

Should vendors only be allowed to post in a 'vendor section'

• Yes

Votes: 28 70.0%
  • No

Votes: 12 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The CEO, may suggest Propboards, for serious/professional traders. T2W is what it is, there are alternatives.

Not exactly a cornucopia of activity. To be fair though today is not a trading day.

Attachments

• PropBoards.JPG
    PropBoards.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 221
The choice was made long ago. It's a "shop window for peripheral trading products and services". Check out t2w home page and compare to forexfactory home page. One of them advertises its book for sale (they make money on the sale), and the rebates (they make money when you trade using the rebate program), and there's several featured products for sale at the bottom of the page, and ONLY 5 random "featured" threads that are sometimes seriously out of date. The other forum's home page has NOTHING for sale, displays plenty of thread links including the hottest (NOT out of date) and last replied to, displays current market news one-liners with a link to the full story, and a few live forex quotes on the major pairs. Which of the 2 is a trading site and which is just a for profit money generator?

Peter

I know what you are saying Pete. I think it's the lip service to user generated content that I have a problem with and was essentially saying, come out and declare your (T2W) hand, publicly.

In fairness, I think they have declared their hand, and have been doing so for a very long time now. There's a long history of posts by various people pointing out whats been happening, and that audit trail still exists.

How much more blatant do they have to be before everyone understands wot is wot

In fairness, I think they have declared their hand, and have been doing so for a very long time now. There's a long history of posts by various people pointing out whats been happening, and that audit trail still exists.

How much more blatant do they have to be before everyone understands wot is wot

It's a fair point hare. I can't really argue with that.

I suggest an alternative action: secede from T2W and run your own vendor-free forum where only serious trading discussion takes place (and maybe an extra lulz or two).

Why keep letting The Man do his thing? I say we revolt, start the revolution, and secede!

I suggest an alternative action: secede from T2W and run your own vendor-free forum where only serious trading discussion takes place (and maybe an extra lulz or two).

Why keep letting The Man do his thing? I say we revolt, start the revolution, and secede!

the last i recall this happening in a big way was with pool wizard wasp.

...and look how that ended up :cry:

why not just do adverts for booze and fhm and other male things instead of "trading" (lol) related stuff? I'd be more interested in a marks and spencer tv offer, some nice work shirts on discount or £10 off a £100 spend at tesco offer than half of the sh*t that I saw before I got me adblock plus on the go. No one can complain then. Strange how a bunch of people who have been running a trading website have no idea how to hedge their bets through a bit of diversification lol.

The needs of those TWO members are being placed above the best interests the remaining quarter of a million members (and yes I know t2w only has about 25 active members, but my ratio sounds better if I bend the truth a little, and lets be fair its t2w who claims the inflated number, not me !)
:LOL::LOL::LOL:
If you ever decide to knock trading on the head and wonder what to do with your time - may I suggest you become a writer. Fiction and comedy are the genres you display considerable talent for! You could plunder your own posts on here as the basis of your first novel. Anyway, back to this particular piece of fiction, indulge me please with more hilarity by suggesting a motive? Also, if Mr. Charts is one of the vendors, who is the other?
Tim.

Agree with a lot of what being said but what about software vendors, to me they should be held accountable as well. Software vendors often charge more and often offer less.
Surely there has to be a way that t2win can somehow have a badge awarded to both type of vendors that offer value for what they charge. lets say Barjon was to charge £149 (no claims) for a days trading followed by a room fee of £30 a month,then that has to be considered value to any newbie etc. Same sort of thing with software etc,if we feel it offers some sort of value for the fee then whats the harm.
There are also grey areas that need attention. The thread starter recently sort of advertised for traders to join his team and learn a proven method etc. Whilst accepting CDs intentions are genuine and I hope it works for him we have seen this sort of thing before and there is nearly always a pants down situation further down the line once the exchanges go underground. Ive also been approached a few times in this way and I'm sure others have.

I guess nothing will change and we will all stick to our various roles and angles we fight from.

Surely there has to be a way that t2win can somehow have a badge awarded to both type of vendors that offer value for what they charge. .

The problem with that is that the outsourced badging company will make the odd (same) mistake over several years (due to inexperienced staff) and award badges to all sorts of unworthy sorts offering 900% a year nazi boxes.

This vendor situation needs fixing. It is high on my list of priorities because things can't carry on like this. Changes have to be made and we'll make them. It is obvious from the diversity of views that whatever we do will upset somebody but I can't believe that there isn't a way forward that will work for the majority of members.

I can try and do this on my own or you can help me. I have obviously read all the background to this stuff and I will not get dragged into that. We are where we are and i'll go forward from here. So if any of you want to get involved then tell me. I'll not respond to sarcasm, conspiracy theories or downright rudeness but I will respond to sensible debate, even if I might not like what I am hearing.

So i'll be working on this in the coming weeks and, with or without your help, i'll get it sorted and tell you what we are doing and why.

This vendor situation needs fixing. It is high on my list of priorities because things can't carry on like this. Changes have to be made and we'll make them. It is obvious from the diversity of views that whatever we do will upset somebody but I can't believe that there isn't a way forward that will work for the majority of members.

I can try and do this on my own or you can help me. I have obviously read all the background to this stuff and I will not get dragged into that. We are where we are and i'll go forward from here. So if any of you want to get involved then tell me. I'll not respond to sarcasm, conspiracy theories or downright rudeness but I will respond to sensible debate, even if I might not like what I am hearing.

So i'll be working on this in the coming weeks and, with or without your help, i'll get it sorted and tell you what we are doing and why.

The majority of vendors range from somewhat unethical (using fake photos to claim they are helping Nepalese orphans) to out and out criminals involved in fraud (taking money for training and then disappearing).

To be honest they can be easily spotted if anyone were to take the time. I calculated that it would have taken 15 minutes work a month to spot the scams that went out in T2W partner offers over the last 3 years. It's hard to believe that a blind eye wasn't turned.

I'm not sure you would need that much help to spot them but if you do just let me know.

Good luck :)
Just remember most of us with strong opinions (and even some sarcasm) are genuinely interested in fixing things up. That's why we are still here posting our opinions even though they may sometimes be harsh.

Peter

why not just do adverts for booze and fhm and other male things instead of "trading" (lol) related stuff?

a very good point, its not as if we are a complex demographic. marketing agencies wld pay good money to have access to some decent analysis on members post content, and to then be allowed to broker ad space here. or t2w cld do this themselves.

yes spot on. The sad thing is another vendor will pop up in this thread soon generating more clicks on their website, trying to push the agenda back to 'I'm not selling anything'. :(

And there is a steep rise in new posters making multiple posts per day to build up a post count - for what purpose? Some future spam or scam operation maybe.
These guys disrupt the time related order of posts by posting add ons to dead posts thus making it difficult for the reader to follow active posts:confused: