is a vendor clampdown in order

It seems to me that it's a question of judgement - I'd like to see the first group there whether or not they have technically broken T2W guidelines. And I'd like to see the second group gone whether or not they are technically within T2W guidelines.

From a mod perspective that's how I try to operate, but you'll have to accept that it means that you're relying on my and the other mods judgement. If you want it different then so be it.

jon

I cant see there being a solution to this problem as long as some vendors are 'officially' promoted by T2W ie adverts, partner offers etc. Why would officially sanctioned spamming be better than unofficial spamming, apart from T2W not getting revenue? The end result for the user is the same.

As far as relying on judgment goes that hasnt been effective in the past, the 'partner offers' read like a who's who of liars and cheats, I needn't name names but you know who I mean. We now have a T2W rebate scheme through a forex broker who was fined for 'abusive margin, liquidation and price slippage practices that benefited them to the detriment of its customers'.

I cant see there being a solution to this problem as long as some vendors are 'officially' promoted by T2W ie adverts, partner offers etc. Why would officially sanctioned spamming be better than unofficial spamming, apart from T2W not getting revenue? The end result for the user is the same.

As far as relying on judgment goes that hasnt been effective in the past, the 'partner offers' read like a who's who of liars and cheats, I needn't name names but you know who I mean. We now have a T2W rebate scheme through a forex broker who was fined for 'abusive margin, liquidation and price slippage practices that benefited them to the detriment of its customers'.

There is a difference.

The internet is full of banner ads, they wash over most people. I doubt there's a person on the web that doesn't understand why ads exist, just as people generally understand that the PG Tips advert 15 minutes in isn't really a part of Coronation Street.

On the other hand, there are other techniques employed that are less obvious to the newbie. Posters come along spouting lots of grandiose terminology, look smart & lure people in.

When you open T2W yourself - do you even see the ads any more? I know they are there myself but I have them 100% tuned out.

Forms wouldn't exist without ad revenue, so expecting them to stop is not realistic. If you want the paid ads to be only from legit people - wouldn't that be too high a bar for most of the people wanting to place ads anyway. Same issue - no revenue.

Where's that then? Must have missed it...

Acting stupid doesn't help your cause or make you appear clever.

The accusation:
Lightning McQueen said:
but the issue arises that as you've just launched you have a very small user base at the start, hence the need for you to post in every thread going advertising the fact you have software for sale

Your response:
DionysusToast said:
That's total nonsense. Go look through my posts, I just post my opinions on trading just like everyone else.

Peter

Where's that then? Must have missed it...

It was an Iceberg ! and you call yourself a tape reader :LOL:

I don't teach
I don't tell people how to exit enter or manage trades
I don't give signals
I don't have any magic box that places trades for people
I don't have anything that throws off red or green lights
I don't have anything that in any way absolves people from making their own decisions

On the other hand, there are other techniques employed that are less obvious to the newbie. Posters come along spouting lots of grandiose terminology, look smart & lure people in.

Dont you think T2W partner offers fall into that category? They are being given extra credence by being 'officially' promoted. Surely an out and out scammer couldnt be part of an official T2W promotion the gullible will think, well think again.

On the other hand, there are other techniques employed that are less obvious to the newbie. Posters come along spouting lots of grandiose terminology, look smart & lure people in

This is exactly what you did PRIOR to deciding to sport your vendor badge. IMO you should have been banned the moment you added the badge. You're no better than all the other spammers, just a bit more clever.

Peter

Acting stupid doesn't help your cause or make you appear clever.

The accusation:

Your response:

Peter

Most of my posts are about trading, I have no reason to bore people with the products constantly or even the fact I have products. If I were here as an act of self-promotion, I wouldn't be such an opinionated asshole. I'd take a much differet approach.

You can go & check my posts if you like - click my name & there's a link to see the posts.
Of course, if you already have a hard-on for me, you wont do that because it'll spoil your fun.

Even LM doesn't really think I make every post abt the product - he was just prodding me.

I'm just joining in the vendor discussion here - I think more vendors should join in, dont you? More of them should offer full vetting too, right? Or is that self-promotion?

There does seem to be a mass influx of new vendors recently

Is there nothing that can be done in the registration process which stops them?

This is exactly what you did PRIOR to deciding to sport your vendor badge. IMO you should have been banned the moment you added the badge. You're no better than all the other spammers, just a bit more clever.

Peter

So let me get this right...

I joined in Dec 2009, at that point, my plan was to post here for a full year before the fated "becoming a vendor thread"?

So I had a product in Dec 2009 but I held it back a whole year and in the meantime went out of my way to p1ss off the largest part of the community here - people that love TA?

That's what you think right, that this DT is just a marketing ploy from someone that had a product all along and decided that NOT SELLING IT FOR A YEAR would be a good way to go about making money?

I presume you've never run a business. :rolleyes:

I joined in Dec 2009, at that point, my plan was to post here for a full year before the fated "becoming a vendor thread"?

So I had a product in Dec 2009 but I held it back a whole year and in the meantime went out of my way to p1ss off the largest part of the community here - people that love TA?

That's what you think right, that this DT is just a marketing ploy from someone that had a product all along and decided that NOT SELLING IT FOR A YEAR would be a good way to go about making money?

Not selling it here you mean. Just clarifying that.

Not selling it here you mean. Just clarifying that.

Come on - you can do better. What happened to the guy who actually got off his **** and did a bit of digging?

A simple whois will tell you that the web site wasn't even registered until the end of 2010. That was the point all the people that had the duct-taped version of my stuff told me I should stop giving it away for free.

I wasn't selling anything anywhere at that point. Still - feel free to try to find evidence to the contrary.

Whois info....

Administrative Contact , Technical Contact :
DAVIES, PETER**
[email protected]
37/14 Chaiyapruk Place
Sukhumvit Soi 65
Bangkok, Watthana 10110
TH
Phone: +66 81 810 9588

Record expires on 19-Nov-2012
Record created on 19-Nov-2010

I am bored

Most of my posts are about trading, I have no reason to bore people with the products constantly or even the fact I have products. If I were here as an act of self-promotion, I wouldn't be such an opinionated asshole. I'd take a much differet approach.

That's not XTrader - that's a DOM written by my own fair hand (well, with the assistance of someone smarter than me)... :whistle:whistling:whistling

Currently in beta-test for those that want some...

I spit in the eye of XTrader....

May the flies of a thousand camels infest their armpits.

what does your isv do that x-trader doesn't? is there another thread about it?

Shurley I'm not allowed to go into detail...

It's called Depth & Sales. It's a bit hard to describe but basically, it gives a clear view of

- icebergs being executed
- orders being pulled/added at all levels of depth
- actual executions alongside the depth 'this time round' so - as you move to a level you can see total executed and total on limit at that level. Obviously that applies to inside bid/offer only
- cumulative executions at each level
- some operational stuff to clear the above levels when you move up & down.

Like I say, it's hard to describe but it's an information tool that gives you a clearer view of depth, spoofing and executions against depth.

Note that it is not an execution tool - making it so would probably violate TTs patent on static DOM.

Like I say - it's in beta, if you want to play - I have no issue as long as you report the glitches back to me.

PS - this thing is not for sale yet. I've been running a glitchy Excel version since November and this is the 'productised' version. I hope!

please teach me to spot iceberg. i will buy you a coffee? :whistling

At the risk of getting banned - you could always send me a PM....

Just be aware that icebergs ain't the end of the world. They may have sunk the titanic but you can't trade on the basis of those alone. Not on the ES anyway.

I used to have a list of favourite stocks, but I now choose a new list every day and which is updated during the day. They are published elsewhere on a private site together with my winners and losers immediately they happen.

oops sorry last one is not yours , my mistake :LOL:

You didn't need the product to start you just needed a plan. You did post some good info that I have no issues with, but you made it a point to repeatedly trash everyone else's methods by being the "opinionated asshole" as you call it and implying that YOUR method was the only one...then lo and behold you have a product for sale that augments your method. THAT"S what the problem is. It was all marketing. As I said you were just a bit more clever and you still are the only vendor that feels the need to defend yourself here. Why do you think that is

Peter

And yes I started and continue to run my own business.

Dont you think T2W partner offers fall into that category? They are being given extra credence by being 'officially' promoted. Surely an out and out scammer couldnt be part of an official T2W promotion the gullible will think, well think again.

I would think so but to be honest - apart from the dodgy book & the recent forex thing, I've not really paid any attention. Or rather, I tend not to notice it.

Mostly when I come here, I click 'new posts', see if there's anything worth chatting/lulzing about and I don't notice the rest of it.

My presumption has always been that others are like me - they focus on the thread content and pretty much ignore the rest.

Do you notice that stuff because you are actively looking for it?

You didn't need the product to start you just needed a plan. You did post some good info that I have no issues with, but you made it a point to repeatedly trash everyone else's methods by being the "opinionated asshole" as you call it and implying that YOUR method was the only one...then lo and behold you have a product for sale that augments your method. THAT"S what the problem is. It was all marketing. As I said you were just a bit more clever and you still are the only vendor that feels the need to defend yourself here. Why do you think that is

Peter

And yes I started and continue to run my own business.

Interesting opinions. I do not claim that what I do is the only thing that works. I claim that textbook TA doesn't work - big difference. I claim that objective analysis doesn't work and subjective analysis does. I claim that you need to focus on cause and not effect.

I personally know about a dozen full time traders, about half of which are in the industry. Only one of them isn't a day trader. In terms of day traders I know, they all do something different to me. In fact, there are posts on here where I mention what some of them do.

Note that all of the traders I know pull a funny face when you mention TA & all the associated nonsense. A bit like the one people pull when you fart in a lift.

Do you notice that stuff because you are actively looking for it?

In the past what happened was that people would complain about various vendors and how they had been ripped off. Later these posts would get deleted, particularly where the vendors dishonesty had been proven. In the ensuing fuss about 'free speech' it was discovered that they had been promoted by T2W through partner offers etc. The allegation was that these vendors were being protected as they were paying T2W though this was always denied.