Should vendors only be allowed to post a 'vendor section'

Should vendors only be allowed to post in a 'vendor section'

• Yes

Votes: 28 70.0%
  • No

Votes: 12 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
...................such blatant advertising/soliciting......................

blatant? I think if you look through all DT's posts you will find little mention of his product and then usually in response to questions he has been asked. For the rest of it I, personally, find his posts interesting and informative despite the fact that he has a bee in his bonnet about TA (don't others?) and takes to kicking me from time to time :).

This, I think, highlights one of the problems - would you deny members that interesting and informative stuff just because there is a product lurking in the background? Or are members' interests better served by having it?

Current policy leans towards the latter, but it seems to be causing so much angst that it wouldn't surprise me to see it change.

blatant? I think if you look through all DT's posts you will find little mention of his product and then usually in response to questions he has been asked. For the rest of it I, personally, find his posts interesting and informative despite the fact that he has a bee in his bonnet about TA (don't others?) and takes to kicking me from time to time :).

This, I think, highlights one of the problems - would you deny members that interesting and informative stuff just because there is a product lurking in the background? Or are members' interests better served by having it?

Current policy leans towards the latter, but it seems to be causing so much angst that it wouldn't surprise me to see it change.

Lurking in the background?? How about his avatar? Not blatant enough? It's seen in every post he makes trashing everyone else's trading methods. I hope the new guy, Steve, can see through all this because honestly this stuff seems to be way over the heads of the admin and mods. You guys just aren't getting it at all.

Peter

so a spreadbetter is gonna suddenly buy a product that reports bid /ask ? yeah right.

they don't even have volume on their charts

---------------------
they would also have to open a real futures account, min $5k, with a real data feed - just to use DT's software....mmm

yes ET does have a larger mix of successful traders. they would not tolerate such blatant advertising/soliciting. (is there a correlation??). pro traders would not be interested in his product as they dont tend to use retail trading platforms to execute through.

on the contrary these people are his target market.

This, I think, highlights one of the problems - would you deny members that interesting and informative stuff just because there is a product lurking in the background? Or are members' interests better served by having it? .

This always comes back to the same argument. Why would a trader sell a product for a couple of hundred dollars ?

Answer, they wouldn't, and therefore you have to question if anything the vendor is promoting is serving anyone's interest (other than their own etc)

Even if DT is spanking the market using this tool, or by reading the ladder, then its got nothing whatsoever to do with tape reading etc, its because he's applying the same fundamental principles that I use tossing coins. That stuff isn't discussed because most here are not aware of it, or if they are they want cats to stay in bags etc

If you want posts to provide entertainment, or to stimulate debate between like-minded individuals then losing DT's posts would be detrimental. If by serving the members best interests you mean getting them profitable, I'm not so sure (well I am but I'm being diplomatic :LOL:)

..................you mean getting them profitable........................

:)no, I don't mean that at all - I mean things about trading that they find interesting to read and discuss. That, after all, is what the site is meant to be about, isn't it?

so a spreadbetter is gonna suddenly buy a product that reports bid /ask ? yeah right.

---------------------
they would also have to open a real futures account, min $5k, with a real data feed - just to use DT's software....mmm

Believe it or not some people right here on t2w have spent much more than that on software or training and ended up losing it to a scam. I doubt DT is trying to scam anyone but I'm just pointing out that people DO lay out a lot of cash for what they think could help them. $5k isn't even close to the high number on that.

Peter

Believe it or not some people right here on t2w have spent much more than that on software or training and ended up losing it to a scam. I doubt DT is trying to scam anyone but I'm just pointing out that people DO lay out a lot of cash for what they think could help them. $5k isn't even close to the high number on that.

Peter

Several people admitted to losing over $100,000 to Senen Pousa so there are plenty of idiots just dying to spend $4000 or $5000 on whatever crap they can get their hands on. You only have to tell them how rich they're going to be and they're falling over themselves to give their money away.

---------------------

You can open futures accounts for $500, AMP offer this. $400 ES margin. I really don't think that disqualifies anyone does it.

:)no, I don't mean that at all - I mean things about trading that they find interesting to read and discuss. That, after all, is what the site is meant to be about, isn't it?

Yes the site is meant to about that but without vendors abusing it and advertising/ soliciting.

It would be interesting to see how many have purchased DTs software and how they view it now. There seems little comment either way. By that am I to assume that the site actually generates little business for a software vendor. Im more concerned about the £600 for a days training courses that are offered on here

exactly. Generally speaking, the type of person who typically stumbles over t2w looking for tarding advice believes that such tools can provide an edge.

DT has his niche demographic, and t2w is a target rich environment. Admittedly, its not the only forum, but it is one of the few who would tolerate this type of thing, (worse still they actually ENCOURAGE it !)

DT isn't the worst offender, but he's playing the same league.

Didn't you say earlier that it only has 25 active members?

Peter

I don't think DT is trying to scam anyone he is just selling a product a product he knows won't help anyone become profitable. If it did it would be proprietary and he would reap the financial rewards from it. The problem is he spams threads and solicits by using 'intelligent Untruths', as Hare has pointed out. If you don't realise what is going on there really is no hope of you ever being profitable, that will upset some but sometimes the truth is unpalatable. Take the recent 'TA debunked' thread perfect example of newbie preyed upon and deliberate mistruths. It's comedy gold though watching him back pedal. Think of all the forums he is on, frantically typing away in the Thailand heat.

Selling 25 of whatever you are selling is still reasonable profit.

I can make it 26 if what you got can get me high probability entry for break even. I need only entry and nothing else.

what i mean is there is significant work involved if you choose to go the route of DT's software.

ie open another account (whatever the minimum is),
buy a good data feed (spreadbetters wont like having to fork out another $100+ pm or so for IQfeed)
buy DT software
etc. etc.

all i am saying T2W is generally a waste of his time if he is trying to sell such niche software as various imply he is.

You can open futures accounts for $500, AMP offer this. $400 ES margin. I really don't think that disqualifies anyone does it.

There's probably less than 25 who actively contribute. Probably less than 5 who contribute anything remotely useful :LOL:

They do claim that 250,000 or so have passed through the doors, and its those numptys who are the target market !

honestly you vendors twist and turn like twisty turny things :LOL:

what i mean is there is significant work involved if you choose to go the route of DT's software.

ie open another account (whatever the minimum is),
buy a good data feed (spreadbetters wont like having to fork out another $100+ pm or so for IQfeed)
buy DT software
etc. etc.

all i am saying T2W is generally a waste of his time if he is trying to sell such niche software as various imply he is.

so you argument is that as T2W is not a good place for DT to sell his products he should be allowed to continue to advertise and solicit here. Sorry but this just doesn't make any sense. If someone is making a nuisance they should be told to leave. end of.

I am a moderator on another forum, and we have implemented some measures to cut down on 'bots, which this site may or may not employ:

1) Using Captcha.

2) Including a simple question in the registration process to determine whether the user is human.

For ex: "What is the main activity this forum focuses on?" Answer: "Trading"

This one has worked surprisingly well.

3) Forum software that automatically moderates 'bot posts. It lets some slip through, though. I think this one is a vBulletin feature, so not sure what software this forum runs on.

4) Include a timer between posts (say 30s) to prevent those mega-spam 'bots that act like DDoS attacks in the event one would happen.

------

Anything that the above doesn't catch, we need to get to manually. But since much of the work is already done by the above, we only get a couple 'bots here and there every so often.

they already have all that and much more besides, well maybe not the 30s between posts bit? but the rest yes. though funnily enough isn't there a delay built into the reporting? is it a minute between post reports? can't remember :whistling

Then why don't you discuss/tackle/disprove his assertions properly instead of playing flame the vendor and squaring the amount of sh8 on the boards?

I tried but there is a limit to what you can do. Take a look at that thread, I called him out for soliciting. He said 'TA is the science of finding cause'. I pointed this out to him but he just came back and saying that I had to 'get it right'.

I think the point you are missing is he is just spamming with 'intelligent nonsense' so one could spend hours, days, weeks going arguing line by line but that would be futile. It wouldn't do any good, he will just post more and more nonsense which generate more hits. His agenda is hits on his website not learning how to trade (profitably). The sad thing is this is tolerated by T2W (at present), the mods don't care, as you can see from Timsk recommending your post above he clearly wants genuine traders to argue with vendors line by line. That is not the way to handle this nuisance. That's why it's broke.