• Yes

Votes: 28 70.0%
  • No

Votes: 12 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ChocolateDigestive

Experienced member
Is it time to stop vendors from posting in the trading forum and separate them off into their own section?

I think the quality of posting would immediately improve and would continue to improve.

Good trading all.

Bit mixed on this. I think vendors shouldn't be able to start threads in the main forum, nor should they be able to have posts about them and their products in the main section. But in threads not related to their products, I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed to add comment, as long as it's not clearly an advert.

time to get rid of vendors yes, where to put them is a conundrum in itself.

the three options as i see it would be-

1. what we have now, but tweeked a bit. like decouple vendor badges/home page linking. or just remove home page option altogether.

2. get rid the lot of them :clap:

3 ff style cesser, and they all flung willingly/kicking and screaming into that, and never to darken the main boards again. there they can post away to vend their wares to their hearts content.

options people, so many options :D

Bit mixed on this. I think vendors shouldn't be able to start threads in the main forum, nor should they be able to have posts about them and their products in the main section. But in threads not related to their products, I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed to add comment, as long as it's not clearly an advert.

the clever ones have "allowed" links and will post a huge amount in threads in the hope of click throughs, take away the linking and yes they then should be allowed to post where they like, the current guidelines will then suffice to keep a lid on their vending efforts.

the clever ones have "allowed" links and will post a huge amount in threads in the hope of click throughs, take away the linking and yes they then should be allowed to post where they like, the current guidelines will then suffice to keep a lid on their vending efforts.

Yes there is a lot of evidence that points to vendor members posting a huge number of times with questionable quality.

I have no problem with say a representative or owner of a broker posting and answering questions to do with their company, where I do have a problem is where an EA/software/trainer salesman chips in on trading discussion.

So you might have a thread which introduces a new strategy, said vendor chips in 'that doesn't work' , 'that's wrong', pushes it with 1000's of posts. Newbie comes along and think this guy knows what he is talking about, clicks vendor link and there you go a sale is made. The problem then is all the intermediate/expert traders just lose interest because it's just a frustrating feedback loop that doesn't progress past numpty questions.

Last edited:
hey sorry techs are not my strong point. do you mean the people voting are not public? I guess as it is all the vendors are just going to gang up and vote no. doh.

that's a possible outcome. i've not voted because as it's just not a fair poll as i see it as many non vendors may like the vendor postings? we#ll not now know. also am not so sure of the ff cesser only option either.

there is a real need to address issues some way or other, so well done bringing it up again for discussion (y)

There would still be all the spam vendors and some clever ones who don't sport vendor badges to get around all that. IMO, t2w doesn't play hardball with these people at all and what happens is those violating the rules often are just left alone. Rules are useless if they are not enforced properly.

Peter

There would still be all the spam vendors and some clever ones who don't sport vendor badges to get around all that. IMO, t2w doesn't play hardball with these people at all and what happens is those violating the rules often are just left alone. Rules are useless if they are not enforced properly.

Peter

yes spot on. The sad thing is another vendor will pop up in this thread soon generating more clicks on their website, trying to push the agenda back to 'I'm not selling anything'. :(

yes spot on. The sad thing is another vendor will pop up in this thread soon generating more clicks on their website, trying to push the agenda back to 'I'm not selling anything'. :(

Aaaah - so you have a pop @ vendors and if one comments in here, then they are trying to sell something....

Brilliant...

So - here's my post, now go get 'em, Tiger!

Ideally they should be thrown in the cess pit, similar to FF. That way, we still benefit from any lulz

T2W however has a unique problem. There are the vendors without badges, and we all know the score, and why its allowed to continue.

And then there's Mr Charts and his occasional losing trade !

Its laughable really, when this issue was discussed previously practically every moderator and member of t2w staff immediately commented that implementing a cess pit would be detrimental to the rather blatant spamming / marketing activities of just TWO long term vendors.

The needs of those TWO members are being placed above the best interests the remaining quarter of a million members (and yes I know t2w only has about 25 active members, but my ratio sounds better if I bend the truth a little, and lets be fair its t2w who claims the inflated number, not me !)

That response sums up the t2w culture in a nut shell.

Its a symbiotic relationship. t2w are themselves full paid up members of the honorary guild of vendors and snake oil salesmen, and under that associations code of ethics, they are morally bound to extend assistance to their fellow members in any way they can. hahaha

Ideally they should be thrown in the cess pit, similar to FF. That way, we still benefit from any lulz

T2W however has a unique problem. There are the vendors without badges, and we all know the score, and why its allowed to continue.

And then there's Mr Charts and his occasional losing trade !

Its laughable really, when this issue was discussed previously practically every moderator and member of t2w staff immediately commented that implementing a cess pit would be detrimental to the rather blatant spamming / marketing activities of just TWO long term vendors.

The needs of those TWO members are being placed above the best interests the remaining quarter of a million members (and yes I know t2w only has about 25 active members, but my ratio sounds better if I bend the truth a little, and lets be fair its t2w who claims the inflated number, not me !)

That response sums up the t2w culture in a nut shell.

Its a symbiotic relationship. t2w are themselves full paid up members of the honorary guild of vendors and snake oil salesmen, and under that associations code of ethics, they are morally bound to extend assistance to their fellow members in any way they can. hahaha

As is your wont you twist the facts, hare :LOL:

The current policy is that vendors are allowed to post so long as they are posting things interesting to members (about trading, not their wares) and do not overtly advertise their wares or canvass for business. It's against that policy that we are expected to moderate and the difficulty in that is that "overtly" and "canvass" are not as clear cut as the stark words might suggest.

I believe it's one of the things high on the agenda of the new CEO so whether that policy continues remains to be seen.

I believe it's one of the things high on the agenda of the new CEO so whether that policy continues remains to be seen.

I don't do predictions, but I'll make an exception... The policy will remain

I'll even go so far as to suggest that the vendor problem, the dumbing down, and the decline will accelerate. Time will tell, lets look back and a years time :)

If the CEO understands how to monetise web sites based upon user-generated content then there will undoubtedly be policy changes.

However whilst valuable user-generated-content conflicts with the advertisers then there will always be a dichotomy.

There are two choices - encourage higher quality content and the nature of the advertiser changes. Alternatively turn the place into a shop window for peripheral trading products and services and do this well, at the expense of some of the regular posters and their content contributions.

The status quo exists because nobody is brave enough to make a choice, one way or another.

I think we should make them sit at the back of the bus too

and have their own water cooler drinks machines.

If the CEO understands how to monetise web sites based upon user-generated content then there will undoubtedly be policy changes.

However whilst valuable user-generated-content conflicts with the advertisers then there will always be a dichotomy.

There are two choices - encourage higher quality content and the nature of the advertiser changes. Alternatively turn the place into a shop window for peripheral trading products and services and do this well, at the expense of some of the regular posters and their content contributions.

The status quo exists because nobody is brave enough to make a choice, one way or another.

The choice was made long ago. It's a "shop window for peripheral trading products and services". Check out t2w home page and compare to forexfactory home page. One of them advertises its book for sale (they make money on the sale), and the rebates (they make money when you trade using the rebate program), and there's several featured products for sale at the bottom of the page, and ONLY 5 random "featured" threads that are sometimes seriously out of date. The other forum's home page has NOTHING for sale, displays plenty of thread links including the hottest (NOT out of date) and last replied to, displays current market news one-liners with a link to the full story, and a few live forex quotes on the major pairs. Which of the 2 is a trading site and which is just a for profit money generator?

Peter

Which of the 2 is a trading site and which is just a for profit money generator?

Can you give me a clue :confused:

An interesting question the "CEO" should be asking is which makes the most money, and no, I'm not going to tell him