SE England (Colchester area)

Thanks
I have about 7 interested parties including yourself. Should be good
Dave
Isaacs said:
Well a crowd seems to be developing along the A12 corridor. It would be good to meet up. Dave - sorry gave the wrong email address. I'll send you a message but I meant [email protected]. .

For general information purposes I am a full-time trader focusing on short-term trading on UK stocks, mostly FTSE350 and mostly momentum/news driven trades. Typically time-frame is a few minutes to a few hours although I do take some overnight positions. I dabble a bit in indices and forex but not my main priority.

Ok I have found the venue. Its the "Butterfly Hotel"
just off the A12, round about sign posted, A120 Harwich / Clacton as you come down the slip road for the A120 there is a turning about 30 yards on the left marked Gnome magic and Hotel.
There is plenty of parking and it seems more or less central to all of us. I had a look this morning and it seems fine for our get together. They also serve bar meals.
Can I suggest Wednesday 1st September at 7.30 I will take along Elders book, Trading for a living and will be reading it in the lounge area.
I am pretty flexible about dates and times, but we have to start somewhere. \i have posted on here in case anybody else decides to join us at the last moment.
regards
Dave

It seems that the date and time are acceptable to most folk, look forward to the get together 7.30pm Wednesday September 1st
Dave

I have already replied to Dave directly but just to let everybody else know that I will be there. Looking forward to meeting people.

Phil

Butterfly Hotel Link

techtrader said:
Ok I have found the venue. Its the "Butterfly Hotel"
just off the A12, round about sign posted, A120 Harwich / Clacton as you come down the slip road for the A120 there is a turning about 30 yards on the left marked Gnome magic and Hotel.
There is plenty of parking and it seems more or less central to all of us. I had a look this morning and it seems fine for our get together. They also serve bar meals.
Can I suggest Wednesday 1st September at 7.30 I will take along Elders book, Trading for a living and will be reading it in the lounge area.
I am pretty flexible about dates and times, but we have to start somewhere. \i have posted on here in case anybody else decides to join us at the last moment.
regards
Dave

http://www.britainexpress.com/hotels/essex/117273.htm

Thanks Dave , see you there

Peter 1

The meeting went well with 6 in attendance.
A wide range of topics where discussed and it was agreed to make this an monthly event.
We would however like to increase our numbers, so if you would like to participate please
contact me.
I propose that we meet on the first Thursday of the month, which would make our next meeting
Thursday 7Th October. Also I am looking for suggestions for a Name for the group to give
it an identity.
One last thing It was agreed that to be fair we should move the venue around so I suggest that
our next venue perhaps should be held in Chelmsford (any ideas where?).
Nothing however is set in stone, so any thoughts you have on any of the above would be appreciated
Regard
Dave

thanks David for setting up the meeting. Interesting to chat to others even if we are not all doing exactly the same thing. Certainly got some ideas & thoughts to folow up on. I would recommend that other traders (active or not) would get something out of this type of get together.

Hope to see more of you there next time - why not register your interest if you are reading this thread?

You are welcome Ed
Yes it was refreshing I am working on the next meeting. I think your Ideas last night where valid and am hopefully putting them into action soon
on them
Cheers
Dave

ed crane said:
thanks David for setting up the meeting. Interesting to chat to others even if we are not all doing exactly the same thing. Certainly got some ideas & thoughts to folow up on. I would recommend that other traders (active or not) would get something out of this type of get together.

Hope to see more of you there next time - why not register your interest if you are reading this thread?

Afternoon All

Thanks to Tech trader, for getting the cogs rolling, I certainly got some good tips which I will be exploring, brilliant idea meeting face 2 face, and certainly suggust to all those that possibly thought about going to take action and be in Chelmsford for the next meet.

Good to meet you all,
be groovy, fantastic and sucessful

regards cosmic1970 :LOL:

i may just pop on my star ship and come on down to visit you earthlings - youll know me - im trhe one with the green skin

Thanks from me as well David. Was an interesting evening and look forward to the next one. Glad I didn't drink very much - it was like a video game driving back on the A12 with the roadwork cones in the dark!

Hope you come along for drink yourself next time Thirteen. We could do with a joker in the pack. Unless of course Thirteen refers to your age in which case I'll buy you an orange juice and a packet of crisps. No expense spared!