East Midlands Calling

Great meeting

Great meeting Guys.

Thanks to Sunny2005 for organising it.

Pity I had to go just as it was getting going.

See you all at the next one.

Paul

Hi Guys

I thought I should post this small note to thank everbody who took time to attend the first meeting of the East Midlands Trading Group.

Eight people attended it and as it was essentially an intro - we discussed about our different trading instruments and entry and exits. Many thanks to Kim and Paul for the charts they brought.

With the exception of 2 relative newcomers into trading, most have been at it for some time and most having the same problems. But it was extremely encouraging that we were all facing similar problems, and in this sense we are not alone and it's an ongoing learning process that we are facing.

Also it appears that we have all decided that the 1000 new indicators that are provided by software programmes are not of much use and most of us rely on price action and simple long establised indicators.

There was a small mention of the "..possible ban to execution only brokers being considered by the EEC.." and the universal disagreement to this.

Overall, I'm sure that I can speak for everybody present, and say that it was good meeting.

That's about all guys, except to say - Stick in there and try and try until u crack the trading game. Good luck

Sunny

P.S. If there is interest in another meet, no prob about organising it. Topics, discussions and interests - please post.

thanks sunny for organising the meeting, it is good to see all the faces. there were a mixture of interests there, some of us are into uk stocks, some are US and some are indices and some are fx, really, the group has covered most markets apart from pork bellies. and i have learnt aso much esp. on trading US market (only shame about my lifestyle that will stop me from trading them). Also some strategies mentioned there were very interesting and i will defo take a look at and see if they will work for me too. all credits to u sunny, and thanks to all who turned up.

Thanks sunny,

I thought it a usefull few hours, great to get away from the monitor and to see a real english village /pub for a change.

I am sure there are many tricks of the trade? lurking in some of our minds we never got to discuss, maybe a check list of topics to talk about for the first couple of hours next time?

Did anyone go and have a look at the beer garden..................a very pleasant setting

Thanks Sunny

That was the first time I have met another trader, never mind 7 at once. It was good to be able to discuss matters that are a foreign language to friends and family and partner. Well done.

pete

Yes it was a good meeting and good to meet so many other traders and I am glad people found the charts of use.

Paul

Pity I missed it but........

I look forward to meeting everyone at a future meeting.......

sunny2005 said:
Hi Guys

I thought I should post this small note to thank everybody who took time to attend the first meeting of the East Midlands Trading Group.

Eight people attended it and as it was essentially an intro - we discussed about our different trading instruments and entry and exits. Many thanks to Kim and Paul for the charts they brought.

With the exception of 2 relative newcomers into trading, most have been at it for some time and most having the same problems. But it was extremely encouraging that we were all facing similar problems, and in this sense we are not alone and it's an ongoing learning process that we are facing.

Also it appears that we have all decided that the 1000 new indicators that are provided by software programmes are not of much use and most of us rely on price action and simple long establised indicators.

There was a small mention of the "..possible ban to execution only brokers being considered by the EEC.." and the universal disagreement to this.

Overall, I'm sure that I can speak for everybody present, and say that it was good meeting.

That's about all guys, except to say - Stick in there and try and try until u crack the trading game. Good luck

Sunny

P.S. If there is interest in another meet, no prob about organising it. Topics, discussions and interests - please post.

Yes, well done indeed Sunny, an excellent location with a good mix of interested traders who im sure would want to repeat the experience now that we have "broken the ice" so to speak.

Has anyone got any further info on the "execution brokers only" ban, it would be devastating if it comes into force.

I wish I'd found this thread sooner. I'm very close to upper broughton, I'd be very interested in coming to a meeting if we have another one there. Hopefully we can arrange one for some time in August?

Poss East Midlands Meeting

Just wondering if anyboady would be intersted in having an East Midlands meeting in the very near future?

Trader333 said:
Possibly depending on where and when ?

Paul
Possibly early next month. I live in leicester, but can got in a 30 mile radius.. any suggestions?

Hi there,

I am also in leicestershire. I would be very much interested in meeting with other like-minded people.

I am specifically interested in Spread Betting.

Thanks

Hi there,

I am also in leicestershire. I would be very much interested in meeting with other like-minded people.

I am specifically interested in Spread Betting.

Thanks

Hi,

How long you been trading. We should defo meet to trade tips etc. Im based in leicaster 20 mins from town let me know.

Hi there,

I have been trading cfd's and spreadbet UK equities and indices for 2 years but work as a dealer for 7 years previous to that.

I may have a trading proposition for you if your interested email me on [email protected]

Hi Anandc,

I have just started trading. I am a newbie myself. How about you?

Hi, i am also within the East Midlands area. I live in kenilworth on weekdays and nottingham on weekends.
I am a futures trader and have roughly 2 years experience - mainly day-trading.

Don't know any traders apart from those on the net, few friends working at some top firms in london but mainly analysts.
24 years old University Graduate.

Guys,

Anyone up for a easdt midlands meeting?Perhaps in a nice country pub?

Thanks

Tradex

Yep I'm up for that - I'm close to Peterborough - I see they tried in 2005 but it looks as though they didn't get on too well as the thread seems to have died lol.