S&P 500 cash weekly competition for 2013

It's all down to Pat you know - I just put it into a spreadsheet.

Yes he certainly is indeed papa Smurf
Papasmurf1.jpg

But I was referring to the spread sheet, formulas and weights etc. Credit to you both (y)

Very cool I'm going to give this a try, I'm decent at predicting macro trends but I don't usually speculate in vain, thanks for the perfect opportunity to give that a shot.

I don't expect the DJIA to do much this week aside from wind up for another bit of a break out, I call S&P ends the week down around 1,470.

Very cool I'm going to give this a try, I'm decent at predicting macro trends but I don't usually speculate in vain, thanks for the perfect opportunity to give that a shot.

I don't expect the DJIA to do much this week aside from wind up for another bit of a break out, I call S&P ends the week down around 1,470.

Welcome to the thread Mr Crabs... I've entered your guestimate in for this weeks play and we look forward to your continued forecasts. :)

Welcome to the thread Mr Crabs... I've entered your guestimate in for this weeks play and we look forward to your continued forecasts. :)

Awesome thanks I'll be putting in a prediction every Sunday night or Monday morning if I can remember to.

well, it managed to top the 1500's yesterday and hit 1502, after a small pullback to its support at 1492 its hitting the 1500's again as i type, still looking very bullish though.

well, it managed to top the 1500's yesterday and hit 1502, after a small pullback to its support at 1492 its hitting the 1500's again as i type, still looking very bullish though.

no, no....bearish bearish!!

I'm tapping the top of my computer screen to coax it down to my contest number :LOL:

Peter

no, no....bearish bearish!!

I'm tapping the top of my computer screen to coax it down to my contest number :LOL:

Peter

Your going about it all wrong Pete, I find a piece of chocolate placed at the bottom right of the screen often does the trick. :LOL:

I don't know if I'm entering this early, but I make it 1521 by end of next week

Hi Carlos,

Welcome to the competition and I will add 1521 forecast to next week.

Best regards
Atilla

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Here are the results for week 4.

Gaffs1964 takes the podium with 3 points
Weighted Average takes 2nd spot with 2 points
mike. comes third and takes 1 point

One point that immediately jumps out is 8 ups v 8 downs the competition is split between optimists and down right pessimists. How else one can describe it???

WackyPete is last by sheer virtue of his nickname starting with W. Nevermind Pete, I think it is a W onderful name. Could be worse I guess - ZuluTrader is not much better is it :cheesy:

Good stuff. (y)

Attachments

• SP-20130125b.JPG
    SP-20130125b.JPG
    141.8 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
Any ideas why my chart closed at 1500.4 at 21.14 gmt ??

Attachments

• s&p500.png
    s&p500.png
    185.6 KB · Views: 150