S&P 500 cash weekly competition for 2013

I think I may finally go down next week. This week's action told me there was some heavy selling going on. To tell the truth, I'm getting pretty antsy about this trend...

I can't see any change in the NYSE Volume Advancing / Volume Declining ratios chart yet. The Volume Declining was weak this week, and today's Volume Advancing was the strongest since Jan 2nd, and so suggests the move was broad based. See below:

attachment.php

Attachments

• sc-16.png
    sc-16.png
    20.2 KB · Views: 427
Ah man 4th not bad for a first try
Though ! Ill have same again 1508 again pls

Hi guys,

The competition is so close, and the last three weeks accuracy of the top runners have been pretty amazing. Not more than 2-3 points separating the podium winners.

Podium 'positions this week are;

Isatrader.... in first place........:clap: 1st :clap:
Gaffs1964... in second place.....(y) 2nd (y)
Vicorka...... in third place........:cool: 3rd :cool:

The trend following system thus far seems to be beating the doom and gloomers by a handsome margin. Weighted Average is also doing remarkably well again along with Gaffs. Consistency is the name of the game (Said with a Bruce Forsyth accent :) )

(y)

Wow great day for the S&P with those impressive jobs numbers, way to be Isatrader. I don't know how you do it.

I guess all I can do now is look forward to next week continuing bullish. I'll put my number for the S&P by next Fridays close at 1,515. Figure we're so high up things should stay tight from here.

Starting from the middle of November the Russell 200 has been leading the market up. Then goes S&P 500, then DJI and the Nasdaq 100 is almost flat. Starting from the middle of January, the Russell 2000 is moving up on increasing volume...

I know what will send it crashing - if I forecast up !!

SO

I will ponder the situation a bit longer

Just looking at the chart, I hate to say it but it could be up a.g.a.i.n !!

Hows about VG betting his smelly trainer on it ? Sure to work.

Attachments

• S&P 500.PNG
    S&P 500.PNG
    70 KB · Views: 150
Just looking at the chart, I hate to say it but it could be up a.g.a.i.n !!

Hows about VG betting his smelly trainer on it ? Sure to work.

Interesting chart Pat,

2012 start green blobs caught my eye.

It ran for 7 weeks. I make that another 3 weeks of upity ups :smart:

1522 from me.

On the 4Hr charts I see a shooting star but will stick to my system of following the trend unless I see a lower high on weekly close.

Shooting stars sometimes can be confirmation of a continuing trend :idea:

Calls are getting tougher though. Somebody once told me horses sweat, men perspire and women glow. Right now with this call - I feel like a pig :cheesy:

(y)

The Dow is 1.34% from it's 2007 high with Friday's headline close above 14,000, and so I'm thinking as this is within the average weekly range and because the week closed strongly that the momentum will be enough for it to get a test and then possibly pullback a little by the end of the week. The market breadth is also still bullish in the vast majority of measures, so am going to stay with it for another week.

1528 for me please Atilla

attachment.php

Attachments

• sc-23.png
    sc-23.png
    56.5 KB · Views: 443
I'm going with a trend also.
I have no points yet and I see that continuing...

1488 - Posted :)

Peter