Rugby World Cup

• Thread starter aussietrader
  • Start date
  • Watchers 3
to be fair AT I know if I had just lost a world cup final I really wouldnt want to hang around and savour my runners up medal.

I cannot the believe the rugby world cup is being called 'bill' :)

bonsai said:
yeah, maybe to you.

but then you're not a player or a fan of the game, I guess.

why ?

Is it insulting or rude towards the Aussies ?

Sorry but I do'nt get it.

quote:
Originally posted by bonsai
yeah, maybe to you.

but then you're not a player or a fan of the game, I guess.

Bonsai

Strange comment.What's your reason to say that?
I could look and gloat at that picture all day, and I am a fan and a player (in my 37th season of playing - yeah, I know i'm past it, but who cares!)

well done the lads

Reception at Buckingham Palace seems rather more appropriate
than 10 Downing Street. Wish we could keep the politicians sticky
fingers away from this game.
But no chance of that, I suppose.

Attachments

• asihome.jpg
    asihome.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 332
exactly what I thought. Cos the government puts so much money into sport that we are the lowest per capita spending nation in Europe or thereabouts. thanks Tony.

If this sort of success keeps up pretty soon England will need to invest in a trophy cabinet.

Perhaps you could dust off a previously used one from the Cricket Association. I'm sure they won't be requiring it again.

He he

No m8.
Don't need to.
'Cause we are going to make it bigger and stick it on Piccadilly Circus. Right where Eros used to be.
Know why?
'Cause u aint getting it back!

Options,

I subtley (and conveniently for me) tried to change the topic of this forum to cricket in a failed attempt to cease having to continue to acknowledge England's recent rugby success.

In future, could you please be more supportive of my 'tries' to highlight Australian sporting success stories.

Thanks

AT

I think you misheard CM. It wasn't sheep SHEARING :cheesy: :LOL: ;)

that's for mentioning the cricket :(

Now we have 4 years to avoid mentioning the C word again, unless we win or hell freezes over :cool:

After the rugby and my confidence that Australia would win I am feeling pretty sheepish.

Please don't tell my wife -she wouldn't understand.

AT,

No doubt you've seen this. Only serious rival to Beaujolais nouveau this year. Bises

Enjoy :)

Cheers

Mayfly

Attachments

• aussie wine.jpg 5.jpg
    aussie wine.jpg 5.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 295
And ..........

HHHHmmmmmm

Attachments

• pic00041.jpg
    pic00041.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 243
And my last word on the subject

For Sale

Attachments

• att30952.jpg
    att30952.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 207
lol
nice set zenda

but NB's gets my vote. - nice pun.
(Don't suppose Howard would enjoy it though).

Morning AT
What's going on in Melbourne ?
The weather sounds horrendous.
Never rains but it pours ?

Hello All,

Lets get a couple of things straight. This thread was meant to be about Rugby League and the recent series between England and Australia. Could we please restrict all future comment to the glorious triumph of the winning side from that series. :cheesy:

Secondly, if you must get off the above topic, I shall respond to all taunts and cheekiness by typing the words "What about the cricket/soccer/tennis/chess/badminton/snooker/darts/swimming/weather/beaches/food/sheep etc ?"

That should stem the insults because we win these categories hands down. At the very least the Welsh and Kiwi Rugby supporters confirmed the prettiness of our sheep. I even think a couple of sham marriages eventuated in a failed attempt to be allowed to stay in the country. :eek:

Bonsai, Melbourne was deluged. I flew in on Wednesday morning and had a two hour delay to get out for my meeting in Canberra. Wild, wild storms and 100mm of rain in two hours. Really an amazing experience. Best part was I got to talk Rugby with a former Aussie captain for two hours.

Cheers to all

AT

soccer ? what's that ?
some form of domestic violence ?
definitely !

snooker sounds cool !
Its not in the kama sutra.