Rugby World Cup

• Thread starter aussietrader
  • Start date
  • Watchers 3
Blimey, that was close! Great stuff from England.

Never doubted that you'd first out of the blocks here though, Bonsai! :D

Cheers

Mayfly

No comment really required !
Awesome.

Attachments

• asiguess.jpg
    asiguess.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 313
but for me, this is the match winner.
(Sir) Clive Woodward.

Attachments

• asiglory.jpg
    asiglory.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 300
I think we may need a few extra cans of Heineken tonight !

Attachments

• asifans.jpg
    asifans.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 319
Just could not Resist - Australia!!

:cool:

Attachments

• rugbyaussie.jpg
    rugbyaussie.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 355
Last edited:
AT
that was tough.

still, you lucky son of a gun, you were there and saw it.

can't beat being there , even on a bad day.

Morning All (said with very, very croaky voice)

An unbelievable game of rugby and I have to say the better side won on the night.

There are no more Heineken cans left anywhere in Australia. I feel a little slow today but congratulations to all those who picked the English team to win.

I'll go through the thread and calculate exactly how many Pints I owe and will make a point to enjoy sharing them with you in March/April 2004.

Off to the airport. (groan, groan)

England were the better side (but almost gave it away).

good of you to say so !

well, what can you say. what a great game. A Hollywood script writer could not have written it better.
At times I thought the ref gave a couple against us, then right at the end when it counted, he put us within sight of it.

To all the teams. And all the nations. Thank you for some great times and some great sport.

To the host nation Australia. Thank you. The rest of the world salute you.

Well said, options.

Rugby is the real winner of this tournament and is all the better for it. Thanks again to the host nation, who've proved once again that they do these things rather well! :)

Cheers

Mayfly

Bonsai,

I have to say that I also thought the PM was a bit surly on the night. I have had the pleasure of meeting with him on a number of occasions (even been to his house!) and the presentation wasn't his finest performance.

However, I have heard that he had a great time and enjoyed a few lagers with some Aussie and England fans at the game. He truly is a terrific bloke but loves to see the aussies win.

That said, the chap who presented the Aussies with their medals couldn't get through it fast enough... I think he was as happy as a pig in s%#t knowing that the Poms had finally won a trophy and he was part of it.

Can't take it away from you lot... a great game, a great effort. I am now watching Kylie in concert and even she now seems more English than Aussie.

When will the English plunder of downunder cease?

Didnt see this thread!

This should end it! :cheesy:

Attachments

• rugbyaussie.jpg
    rugbyaussie.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 373
zenda
temporary anaemia ?

you had already posted that pic.

it was funny first time, but don't over do it ?

yeah, maybe to you.

but then you're not a player or a fan of the game, I guess.