Random or Competition?

For some. It's more like a cross between Guess Who and Battleships with a smidgen of Connect 4 and monopoly thrown in. :cheesy:

I like this, will appropriate this for myself and will never give any credit to you for it's provenance.

So folks, this is an experiment to see if the regular posters of T2W who have a professional attitude towards trading can hang out on a forum and self-moderate. For the record I am not going to heavily moderate this sub-forum but I have an expectation of all participants to abide by the following guidelines:

1) Keep threads on track and don't derail them.

2) Do not resort to personal insults when you disagree with somebody - if you do this, you just lost the argument and if bad enough, your rights to post in this place.

3) Be kind and courteous to one another - show respect towards your peers regardless of their experience levels.

4) Keep lulz to the public part of T2W. Humour is one thing, outright lulzfests are a no-no. This place is supposed to be for serious dialogue about trading.

Such lack of self control!

You are right. I am ashamed of my behaviour and am truly sorry. I therefore am tendering my resignation.

To be fair, it is one of the incidents in the past that still makes me laugh to this day. :D

A memory, a guy breaking the UK heavy-weight division deadlift record in the gym on a late November Thursday night; no fuss, no ceremony, he just did it. A round of applause he got showered, changed, said thanks, shook hands and went home to no doubt put out fires in the rougher parts of Liverpool (early 80's) the next day. Quiet guy, he flew under the radar, did his job (and his hobby) day after day, week after week, year after year..

This thread was an exercise in futile opinion, Robster, understands this. Why do you think he's on the verge of resignation(LULZ)? Can't wait for the next portion of eloquently constructed hindsight, especially after reading this thread:LOL:

Last edited:
No, and how would you describe this action today?
All part of cause and effect.....this being an effect.
The train doesn't really move in the right direction until the train driver is in place!.....all passengers can take their seats but with no driver, the train isn't going anywhere is it?

All part of cause and effect.....this being an effect.
The train doesn't really move in the right direction until the train driver is in place!.....all passengers can take their seats but with no driver, the train isn't going anywhere is it?

Right, not quite what i had in mind but still !

Risk on Risk off is alive and well.:)

The markets are random each and every day.
Yes, that would only apply to those who believe it to be true.....a believe isn't a fact is it?
There is a saying....."one who use his eyes, one is clearly blind"

If one can see, the markets are not random each and every day!

Yes, that would only apply to those who believe it to be true.....a believe isn't a fact is it?

Have you moved to cliches because you want to believe the markets arent random?

The belief becomes a fact in hindsight. I've spent a lot of time doing this and have come to the belief that the market, for a day trader, at least, is random and only in hindight does the trend become clearer.

Perhaps, longer term, one can become more confident but it is still random because

"The trend is your friend until the end". When is the end?

Have you moved to cliches because you want to believe the markets arent random?
One who stands on earth and says the earth is flat to the person standing on the moon looking at earth knowing otherwise.....
A believe is not the same as one who knows.

The original point were to hopefully discuss why the markets moved the way it moved.....and in a view to understand why and how.....so that "random" can be removed from the equation.....without understanding and comprehension, random cannot be removed.

Last edited:
The belief becomes a fact in hindsight. I've spent a lot of time doing this and have come to the belief that the market, for a day trader, at least, is random and only in hindight does the trend become clearer.

Perhaps, longer term, one can become more confident but it is still random because

"The trend is your friend until the end". When is the end?
Not every believe becomes a fact.....in fact, a believe can become a delusion/obstruction of a fact.
If in hindsight, the trend becomes clearer then what one thought of as random cannot be true as the trend is already in the making.....yet random is just a word we use to describe something that we do not understand.
As a trend cannot exist on its own, it depends on two points being bottom/low and top/high.....yet what lies between these two points is what we term as an up/downtrend.....this is nothing more than momentum created by the start of that very trend.
Yet momentum cannot exist without the creation of a bottom/top.....so the question is what makes a bottom/top and why does that creation come with momentum?

The end is the complete opposite of what started that trend.

Not every believe becomes a fact.....in fact, a believe can become a delusion/obstruction of a fact.
If in hindsight, the trend becomes clearer then what one thought of as random cannot be true as the trend is already in the making.....yet random is just a word we use to describe something that we do not understand.
As a trend cannot exist on its own, it depends on two points being bottom/low and top/high.....yet what lies between these two points is what we term as an up/downtrend.....this is nothing more than momentum created by the start of that very trend.
Yet momentum cannot exist without the creation of a bottom/top.....so the question is what makes a bottom/top and why does that creation come with momentum?

The end is the complete opposite of what started that trend.

Can you tell me something that is "trending" ?