R.I.P. Fidel

He was and he wanted good strong ties with the US.

After deposing Batista he went to the US to shake hands kiss and make up!

Just simple politics and diplomacy right?

Guy was simply a patriot just like everyone else who wanted well being for his national citizens.

Distorted mind because it does not align with the stars and your grey cells??? If you say so it must be true. (y)

He was no simple patriot. He is no better than the mugger who robs the burglar who's just robbed your house. Sure, he very apprehended the villain - but then he kept the goods for himself. He actually then passed them on to his own brother.

I don't understand why you can't accept the known facts.

Do you not condemn him as a dictator, responsible for creating thousands of refugees, unlawful killings, victims of persecution and political detainees?

He was no simple patriot. He is no better than the mugger who robs the burglar who's just robbed your house. Sure, he very apprehended the villain - but then he kept the goods for himself. He actually then passed them on to his own brother.

I don't understand why you can't accept the known facts.

Do you not condemn him as a dictator, responsible for creating thousands of refugees, unlawful killings, victims of persecution and political detainees?

Yes I do as all tyrants and dictators. I do support the democratic process. I am not a communist. I favour a free enterprise market system.

However, I find you blindingly one sided. Must be something I've eaten. ;)

The human psyche doesn't seem very rational in many cases. Bandits like Ned Kelly, Billy the Kid etc. are idolised. Even bloody tyrants like Stalin, Hitler and Mao have their supporters ! Perhaps Trump will be another ?

I think people like Fidel exhausted much of their energy into hatred of other groups. A good education might have set him onto a more moderate and productive course after the necessary revolution. The Batista regime has to bear much of the responsibility.

Last edited:
What you say here is good and I agree :)

Does it also not apply to Cuba and Fidel?

If you say yes that's good.

If you say no that'll be bad.

I never like to prejudge ;)

Its not,just, the figurehead---its the capitalists behind him, who want anything that they can get and the taxpayer will get it for them.

If the dictator started off with any ideals, at all., his cronies will soon talk him out of it.

Unfortunately, very few of us are averse to making a fast buck--even something as mundane as putting company stamps on personal letters, or swiping a ballpoint pen but, the bigger the deal gets, the closer to influence you have to be and more people have to be brought in.

Its easy to be noble but, for the Grace of God, go I.

In Spain, corruption is rife and it goes all the way to the top---including the Royal Family. How about British Aerospace and the Saudi Royal Family?

It's not the BCC !
It's the BBC
Stands for Bumptious Brainless Corbynistas

It's not the BCC !
It's the BBC
Stands for Bumptious Brainless Corbynistas

Say whaaatttt?

andrew-murray-jeremy-corbyn-and-tony-benn-at-protest-outside-bbc-before-B7WPHR.jpg