R.I.P. Fidel

Since time began there has always been that dilemma of the relationship between the governing elite and the governed. Just how much dissent will the governors allow and how much force to put down unrest. A tricky question.
Too much and a revolution may start with bloody consequences for the rulers. Too little and a demagogue, like Hitler could take over.

The left always wants to blame the US for everything. The Russians called such people "полезные идиоты" Sure, the US has made plenty of mistakes, but hey, check the refugee flow from leftist totalitarian regimes...the Communists are infinitely worse.
Oh, and how many flee from the US ? Only the odd traitor like Snowden. Not a traitor some will say. And where did he end up exactly?

The only place he could have ended up, where the US has zero influence.

RIP Fidel - For a roundup of comments by:
Jezza Corbyn, George Galloway, Ken Livingstone, Vladimir Putin, Jean-Claude Juncker, Gerry Adams, Ayatollah Khameni, and Peter Hain (all fair-minded, totally unbiased and very nice gentlemen) see here: http://order-order.com/

And don't ignore this opinion (at above link) of reporting by the UK's most highly subsidised political organisation: ........

"Nothing however beats the BBC’s coverage. They are reporting Castro’s death more favourably than Thatcher’s. No ‘controversial’. No mention of the thousands summarily executed after the revolution. No mention that he demanded the USSR nuke the USA. No mention of the decades of impoverishment and human rights abuse. No mention of his secret police rounding up homosexuals and putting them in concentration camps. Castro gets a free pass on democratic norms – “his critics accused him of being a dictator”. Does the BBC think that is only an allegation? Particular congratulations to the BBC News Channel, who interviewed “Cuba expert” Richard Gott, without mentioning he was a KGB agent of influence."

Does RIP stand for Rest In Purgatory ?

He'll never get out - mass murdering fanatic.

It's great pity there isn't a hell. Infidel Castro would have had such a warm welcome from Pol Pot, Uncle Joe Stalin and the rest. All heroic figures to the mad bad left who care less for people than for their so-called doctrinaire Marxist-Leninist "principles".

No doubt their apologists will say that the masses of humanity fleeing from Communism were merely misguided or agents of imperialist western countries.....and deserved to be tortured, maimed. imprisoned and executed. Oh they make me sick, these "useful idiots".

Last edited:
Strange how easily the bad guys get to the top, whichever political colour. The few that care are quickly got rid of I suppose and the rest are like sheep.

Strange how easily the bad guys get to the top, whichever political colour. The few that care are quickly got rid of I suppose and the rest are like sheep.

Tells you something about the bulk of humanity, doesn't it?

No doubt their apologists will say that the masses of humanity fleeing from Communism were merely misguided or agents of imperialist western countries.....and deserved to be tortured, maimed. imprisoned and executed. Oh they make me sick, these "useful idiots".

How do you feel about Abu Ghraib?

Fancy travelling 000s of miles to protect the US dollar standard, steal some oil, stir some sh1t and in the process torture civilians to see what they did with the WMD US and UK sold Sadam to use on Iranian onslaught to prevent Iran from winning the war against Iraq.

Not only that US was selling weapons to both Iran and Iraq?

You very smart guy Mr Charts. Very ethical and upright! Nobody can accuse you of being a hypocrit or being a useful idiot :cheesy:

Last edited:
Tells you something about the bulk of humanity, doesn't it?

It does feel like we have taken several steps back from progress and fairness what with Brexit uncovering slime balls from under rocks ( albeit without any malevolent intent from the vast majority of decent people who voted Brexit !), and much worse the election of a neo-fascist Trump, and various nasties appearing again on mainland Europe. Let's hope that M. Fillon beats the Front National next year and the extremists in Germany fare badly. What a sad mess :cry:

If Mr Fillon policy is anything that emulates Mrs Thatchers then I'm with the protest vote. Marie Le Pen gets my vote.

If France goes down the chute along with Europe, this will help the UK become better relatively speaking and give us a stronger bargaining power in EU.

I've seen the light. F'm and all that do opposite of what is good. Let's stir'm up and shake'm down. :devilish:

It does feel like we have taken several steps back from progress and fairness what with Brexit uncovering slime balls from under rocks ( albeit without any malevolent intent from the vast majority of decent people who voted Brexit !), and much worse the election of a neo-fascist Trump, and various nasties appearing again on mainland Europe. Let's hope that M. Fillon beats the Front National next year and the extremists in Germany fare badly. What a sad mess :cry:

Either that or we're not as noble as we think we are.

How do you feel about Abu Ghraib?

Fancy travelling 000s of miles to protect the US dollar standard, steal some oil, stir some sh1t and in the process torture civilians to see what they did with the WMD US and UK sold Sadam to use on Iranian onslaught to protect Iran from winning.

Not only that US was selling weapons to both Iran and Iraq?

You very smart guy Mr Charts. Very ethical and upright! Nobody can accuse you of being a hypocrit or being a useful idiot :cheesy:

Attila, the US has done terrible things and I'm the first to condemn them. And (not but) these things are relative. Not everything is black and white as some on the both the left and the right like to self righteously shout.
A democracy with all its faults and the evil actions of some of its individuals and occasionally institutions is still NOT AS BAD as dictatorships - which institutionalise mass oppression - whether they are of the extreme right or the extreme left.
No one country or system is without fault, there are good and bad and every shade in between.
Most thinking people have a mixture of so called left and right leaning views. Those who don't happen to be dangerous.

Attila, the US has done terrible things and I'm the first to condemn them. And (not but) these things are relative. Not everything is black and white as some on the both the left and the right like to self righteously shout.
A democracy with all its faults and the evil actions of some of its individuals and occasionally institutions is still NOT AS BAD as dictatorships - which institutionalise mass oppression - whether they are of the extreme right or the extreme left.
No one country or system is without fault, there are good and bad and every shade in between.
Most thinking people have a mixture of so called left and right leaning views. Those who don't happen to be dangerous.

What you say here is good and I agree :)

Does it also not apply to Cuba and Fidel?

If you say yes that's good.

If you say no that'll be bad.

I never like to prejudge ;)

This speaks volumes about your distorted mind.

He was and he wanted good strong ties with the US.

After deposing Batista he went to the US to shake hands kiss and make up!

Just simple politics and diplomacy right?

Guy was simply a patriot just like everyone else who wanted well being for his national citizens.

Distorted mind because it does not align with the stars and your grey cells??? If you say so it must be true. (y)

He was and he wanted good strong ties with the US.

After deposing Batista he went to the US to shake hands kiss and make up!

Just simple politics and diplomacy right?

Guy was simply a patriot just like everyone else who wanted well being for his national citizens.

Until he attained a position of power, part of a long and ever-growing list.

Until he attained a position of power, part of a long and ever-growing list.

Yes that may well be true and probably was.

People may have deposed him too if not attacked and made into an icon figure by the US.

Last edited: