Power of islam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tabloids cant be wrong! - 75% of the Brits read it!
so we have choice to make

Yes they can be wrong and frequently are

either the tabloids and their readers are a bunch of morons
OR
These is somethng seriously wrong with Islam

I'm not sure that this issue is as black and white as you make out. There are many more levels to this than this discussion can handle. But keeping it on track, as I understand it, the word Islam is derived from the word peace, with the addition to submitting your will to God. I also understand it that if you profess to submit your will to God and act contrary to the word of God as described in the Quran, then an extremely hot and fiery place awaits you in the afterlife. The Quran also states that the killing of innocent human beings is contrary to the word of God.

On this level Islam is peaceful; yet some of it's practitioners are not. It seems that human beings interpret what they will instead of what they are clearly guided to. It reminds me of the great communist experiment: high ideals yet unworkable due to the human element.

What annoys me is not the religion or its majority of believers, they can believe whatever they like AS LONG AS THEY DON'T TRY TO IMPOSE IT ON US OR TRY TO KILL US.
Live and let live and be tolerant of others - that's the way most Brits think.
But then we have this situation where potential murderers are allowed into the UK and we pay for them out of our tax ! - and this appalling government stops the Gurkhas - good decent people who have actually fought for us - living here.
We need to stop immigration from places like Pakistan unless someone already has a spouse or child or parent here and has been properly vetted. Most of them will be perfectly decent people. Not waved through because they've ticked the right box on some form.
Many Muslims have come to this country and enriched it culturally and financially, but we have to be discerning who we allow in in this era of Islamofascist terrorism.
We also need to understand that many Muslims here in the UK feel an affinity to their co-religionists and also experience a sense of disbelief that some amongst them are potential mass murderers. Some are simply in denial.
It's a tough enough job rooting them out of their indigenous communities, there is no need to add to the problem by voicing anti-Islamic sentiments. Most Muslims do NOT want to kill us. Many are here because they prefer the UK to an Islamic country.
Richard

Islam is the fastest growing religion of world. In 1971 in the UsA there were only 100,000 muslims, now it is estimated at 5 million.

People say bad things about Islam, if it was that bad then why is Islam the fastest growing religion of the world?

It would be nice to have a debate
bhavin, your sole purpose of setting up this thread was to bash Islam and for others to join you and agree with your views. You are a coward, a bigot and a parasite!!!

bhavin, your sole purpose of setting up this thread was to bash Islam and for others to join you and agree with your views. You are a coward, a bigot and a parasite!!!

Nope, not at all
I have nothing against Islam, I think it is agreat religion
Nothing against Muslims, they are a great race

But I have limitations in my views;

People do not follow Islam as it has been put, Not a minority, but a majority have twisted it. The majority are breeding like animals and very soon they will take over this country

Have you ever tried dating a Muslim Gal? I have, and I nearly got killed by her relatives.
One Gal asked me to convert to Islam.

How many muslims would marry a non Muslim and allow them to continue their faith - very few

I am not bashing them
I am wantting to help them to modernise

Because a strong muslim and islam, which is not extremist is the best way forward in this world

I have been to a Church, a gurudwara, as well as Mosque
I believe in a Muslim Spiritual Leader called Shirdi Sai Baba

What annoys me is not the religion or its majority of believers, they can believe whatever they like AS LONG AS THEY DON'T TRY TO IMPOSE IT ON US OR TRY TO KILL US.
Richard

Ritchie - That is the beauty of the Brits - they are trully the best in the world. I salute them. Had it not been for the Brits then India today would have been an Islamic Republic.

I travel the world, been to 30 countries and when return back to UK, i feel I have come home!

Attachments

• wm-Coca_Cola_Sponsored.jpg
    wm-Coca_Cola_Sponsored.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 166
Ritchie - That is the beauty of the Brits - they are trully the best in the world. I salute them. Had it not been for the Brits then India today would have been an Islamic Republic.

I travel the world, been to 30 countries and when return back to UK, i feel I have come home!

I don't know if you are UK born or not or whatever, but the UK will always feel a warmth towards that great democracy, India.
One of the best things Britain ever did was to allow the East African people of Indian origin in when mad Idi Amin threw them out.
Those Indians made Britain an even better country :clap:
Richard

Nope, not at all
I have nothing against Islam, I think it is agreat religion
Nothing against Muslims, they are a great race

But I have limitations in my views;

People do not follow Islam as it has been put, Not a minority, but a majority have twisted it. The majority are breeding like animals and very soon they will take over this country

Have you ever tried dating a Muslim Gal? I have, and I nearly got killed by her relatives.
One Gal asked me to convert to Islam.

How many muslims would marry a non Muslim and allow them to continue their faith - very few

I am not bashing them
I am wantting to help them to modernise

Because a strong muslim and islam, which is not extremist is the best way forward in this world

I have been to a Church, a gurudwara, as well as Mosque
I believe in a Muslim Spiritual Leader called Shirdi Sai Baba
Youre helping them to modernise?... WTF you silly Id!ot.. WTF are you on... Go try elsewhere!!! Lets meet up sometime, ill show you how to modernise!!

Youre helping them to modernise?... WTF you silly Id!ot.. WTF are you on... Go try elsewhere!!! Lets meet up sometime, ill show you how to modernise!!

Now that's an attitude..........threaten violence......solves all problems, huh?
We can see who wants hate and who wants peace.......says it all.....

I would argue that the modernisation of Islam has brought it to the state it is in today. When I say modernise I mean a deviation from it's original teachings.

Hi guys , i am a muslim and i want to share some thoughts here although i know it will change nothing , i shared some here http://www.trade2win.com/boards/news-current-affairs/25995-terrorism-blame-america.html ( 15 pages ) then i stopped ...
Anyway i want to talk about Jihad , maybe u heared this arabic word b4 , it means ( war ) in islam , and Jihad is from Islam , infact every nation need it , UK need an army to protect british people in the UK and in every place , muslims 2 need strong army to defend us and our religon , but Jihad is done by the Islamic state , and the Islamic army , against the enemy's army . U see the diffrence here it is army against army , and not anybody can start it only the Leader can .And killing civilians is not from Jihad unless it is done by mistake , prohet Mohamad said b4 the war : dont kill kids and women and old people and priests ... dont cut a tree ...

Another thing about Jihad , betrayal is not allowed in our religon , so if u gave a muslim a visa to visit London he cannot kill people simply like this beside what i mentioned in the previous post also it is forbidden in Islam to stab in the back after u gave me the visa and u opened ur door for me .

Tar

You have made good learned points about Islam and you deserve to be applauded for that.

You are indeed right when you say that ISlam is a tolerant religion but has been hijacked by some and have made their own interpretations.

Mughal King Akbar was a muslim but in his reign the Mughal Empire extended rapidly because he was a scholar and he was tolerant and keen to learn about other cultures. In his court brahmins and holy men sat. He learned about Hinduism and he ruled by people's respect.....He received ambassadors from Europe...He was a true follower of Islam.....

His great great son Aurangzeb wasted his life by his extremist views, his forced conversions from Hindus to Muslims, His Jizya Tax - only non muslims had to pay etc....saw that the Mughal Empire died...He was the last Mughal...His grandson Bhadur Shah Zafar died in Burmah - a penniless beggar man..!..Aurangzed was probably the first taleban....an extremist....

It will for Muslims themselves to make sure that Islam is not hijacked and disreputed by some Muslims today, and prove that it is in hands of the true Muslims and not the brainwashing mullahs who brainwash child after child in madressas.

Whatever Jihad and Fatwa may mean....It's meaning as it is interpreted is that Jihad is a war - with US, UK, India...in short where there are non believers...!!

This is taleban.....They shoot a woman for alleged adultry....They send 21 year olds to shoot old ladies...and pakistan does political deal with them and gives them autonomy to govern as they please....this, according to what you say, is no sign of a true Muslim....

This will have to change if Islam seeks respect....

Zambuck
I want to clear some points here cuz there is some misunderstanding in your post , i dont want to talk about specific groups like Taliban , cuz this thread is about Islam not muslims , Taliban have mistakes i agree but they r right sometimes ...

Jihad : War between the Islamic state and any enemy ( sometimes the enemy can be a muslim as well it depends ) , all nations make war with their enemies at some point , but Jihad should be done by the leader of the Islamic state not by anyone , and Jihad is done against the army not the civilians , i hope this is clear now .

Adultery : adultery can be proved only by 2 ways : either by 4 witnesses or by confession . And if it is from a single man or woman the punishment is 100 lashes , and if it is from a married man or woman the punishment is death , anyway there is more details about this and the final decission is for the judge . Note : also punishments is done by the goverment only , not by anyone .

Islam is the fastest growing religion of world. In 1971 in the UsA there were only 100,000 muslims, now it is estimated at 5 million.

People say bad things about Islam, if it was that bad then why is Islam the fastest growing religion of the world?

It would be nice to have a debate

Sikhs formed as a result of resistance to the Islamic persucution of Hindus....Sikhs formed as freedom figters during a period where muslims were killing hindus if they did not convert to islam. These events were relatively recent.....The Sikh movement is less than 500 years old.....bullys never win in the end......seems like history repeating itself in the world.....Population does not equal strength. Excessive population is infact a humanely negative factor in this day and age....there is just not enough to go around.

Just out of interest....What were muslims before they were muslims?

But then we have this situation where potential murderers are allowed into the UK and we pay for them out of our tax ! - and this appalling government stops the Gurkhas - good decent people who have actually fought for us - living here.
We need to stop immigration from places like Pakistan unless someone already has a spouse or child or parent here and has been properly vetted. Most of them will be perfectly decent people. Not waved through because they've ticked the right box on some form.
Many Muslims have come to this country and enriched it culturally and financially, but we have to be discerning who we allow in in this era of Islamofascist terrorism.
We also need to understand that many Muslims here in the UK feel an affinity to their co-religionists and also experience a sense of disbelief that some amongst them are potential mass murderers. Some are simply in denial.

It's a tough enough job rooting them out of their indigenous communities, there is no need to add to the problem by voicing anti-Islamic sentiments. Most Muslims do NOT want to kill us. Many are here because they prefer the UK to an Islamic country.
Richard

Yes, they're called moderate Muslims.

I think the biggest mistake any immigrant can make ( and yes I mean immigrants not just Muslims ) is that when they go to another country they take all their prejudices, intolerance, homophobia, sexism, racism, bigotry and religion based hatred etc with them.

dd

A clear example was the Fatwa on Salman Rushdie, now what the hell was all that about. Understandably he may have misquoted something, but if the leaders have an approach that says kill anyone that does this, then what about the lower levels who cannot think as clearly, there actions are likely to be worse and will tarnish the image of the religion.

It seems or appears that these leaders act on impulses initiated by an onset of anger about something. The religion itself may not be the problem, but the leadership may have to be changed.

In order to survive, Islam needs something to hate and demonize just like a plant needs soil, water and sunlight to sustain it.

Every time some mad mullah or Muslim cleric blows his dog whistle the attention of Muslims around the world is diverted outwards away from Islam. And in this frenzied state Muslims are less likely ( and if uneducated less able ) to question the irrational and unscientific teachings of Islam.

dd

Last edited:
can make ( and yes I mean immigrants not just Muslims ) is that when they go to another country they take all their prejudices, intolerance, homophobia, sexism, racism, bigotry and religion based hatred etc with them.
Quite agree. We already have more than enough of our own already.

Status
Not open for further replies.