Hinduism - Does it have merits?

Though not a Hindu myself, but I do follow some of the teachings of this great culture and have had soem great Hindu friends, who often invite me to their religious ceremonies. I must say a great culture, but I would say that this religion is in decline, and I doubt if it will lats for another 100 years.

Hindu has been in decline for centuries, if you take the 300 million+ Muslims in India - they were all once Hindus, why did many convert? Ok agreed some may have converted by the sword, but not all!

What about Sikhs? They were once Hindus?

What about the Budhist? They were once Hindus

we now have new religions forming who say that they are distinct from Hindus

So yes Hindus will not exist maybe in another 100 years, that is my view

...hmmm....I see subject of Arnold Toynbee and his magnum opus whose twelve-volume analysis of the rise and fall of civilizations, A Study of History, 1934-1961 needs to be called for....and what he wrote about Hindu Civilisation.....and I quote....

The vast literature, the magnificent, opulence, the majestic sciences, the great realized should, the soul touching music, the awe inspiring gods. It is already becoming clearer that a chapter which has a western beginning will have to have an Indian ending if it is not to end in the self destruction of the human race. At this supremely dangerous moment in history the only way of salvation for mankind is the Indian way....Arnold Toynbee....1961

Arnold J. Toynbee - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

...it will take time but twelve volume read will enlighten more and provide more answers......do not confuse 5000 years of genius with 60 years of confusion.....!!

Though not a Hindu myself, but I do follow some of the teachings of this great culture and have had soem great Hindu friends, who often invite me to their religious ceremonies. I must say a great culture, but I would say that this religion is in decline, and I doubt if it will lats for another 100 years.

Hindu has been in decline for centuries, if you take the 300 million+ Muslims in India - they were all once Hindus, why did many convert? Ok agreed some may have converted by the sword, but not all!

What about Sikhs? They were once Hindus?

What about the Budhist? They were once Hindus

we now have new religions forming who say that they are distinct from Hindus

So yes Hindus will not exist maybe in another 100 years, that is my view

Sikhs formed as a result of resistance to the Islamic persucution of Hindus....Sikhs formed as freedom figters during a period where muslims were killing hindus if they did not convert to islam. These events were relatively recent.....The Sikh movement is less than 500 years old.....bullys never win in the end......seems like history repeating itself in the world.....Population does not equal strength. Excessive population is infact a humanely negative factor in this day and age....there is just not enough to go around.

Just out of interest....What were muslims before they were muslims?

...do not confuse 5000 years of genius with 60 years of confusion.....!!

Thanks mate, very interesting, but bear in mind that out of all the ancient civilisations, all have vanished! The only surving one is Hinduism at the moment. It all depends on what you guys do with the 60 years of confusion! It is the confusion which leads to the destructions.

Some of the great civilisations had been Iraq, Iran, Egypt, Pakistan, Afghanistan ( in fact it is said that the Atthravedas orgiginated from Afganistan)

where are they now??? gone!

Om Shanti! received messages, why have i decided to stop contributing to such threads where there is so much of tension!

Well few days ago i was listening to the podcast by sister BK Shivani, the topic was Hapiness. One thing she mentioned was what we think creates destiny! so by focusing constantly on rubbish posts, can you imagine how much negative energy is created, and how it will affect your trading!

Thoughts leads to feelings
Feelings leads to actions
Action results to results

That is your destiny!

This is the core part of Hinduism, Islam, Christianity
so why is it that we waste time on meanigless posts!

OM SHANTI