Pgi

Thanks Peter,

Is there anyone there at pgi that trades pgi alerts regularly using BOM?

We used to have access to a live trading account, is that still available? I can't find it on the website. It would be good to access that again.

Hi Peter,

You may have missed my previous question above about the live trading account.

Anyone else having problems viewing the historic intraday prices i.e. French index on 22/03/2010 on BOM?

The results of some alternative trading strategies I have been researching

Based on 382 alerts since 11May09.
Overall Win 84.8%
1st bet win 42.9%
2nd bet win 30.4%
3rd bet win 11.5%
Losing alert 15.2%

I studied various strategies. The basic 3 bet and 6 bet system using 200 and 50 as base bets. I also tried a 2 bet system, a reverse 1st bet plus 1, Reverse bet plus 2 and reverse bet plus 3.
The most profitable system I came up with was a reverse 1st bet plus 2. It is based on betting against the alert for the 1st hour. If the alert wins you lose the bet and stop. If the alert loses the 1st hour then you win your bet and bet with the alert for the 2nd hour, then again the 3rd if required. Difference being that since you won the 1st hour you bet the same instead of doubling for the 2nd hour. This means on a losing alert you would lose $502.25 instead of $1757.25. This takes a lot of the stress off the 3rd hour alerts.

Heres the results I got for all the systems with profit figures for all alerts since June09 and also since November09 for comparison. I excluded May since it was the worst month.

Results
System since June 2009 (336 alerts)
3 Bet System -$24188
6 Bet System -$16803
2 Bet System -$8971
Reverse Single $5819
Reverse +1 $8123
Reverse +2 $11864
Reverse +3 $9767

System since November 2009 (142 alerts)
3 Bet System $3423
6 Bet System $7511
2 Bet System $1130
Reverse Single $4341
Reverse +1 $8236
Reverse +2 $12614
Reverse +3 $13432

All the systems had months that they made money and all had months where they lost. July and October09 all systems lost money (also in May but those losses are not included in above figures)

It should be noted that all systems have made a profit since November09.
Although the Reverse + 3 has been the most profitable system since November I prefer the Reverse + 2 as the losing bet is lower. When there are more losses that go beyond a 4th hour that is when the shorter Reverse systems make a larger difference by not losing as much.

If anyone wants the full results message me. I have it all on Excel.

Hey Loven do you know if the Reverse system is still working, mainly the Reverse +2?
Cheers

Hey Loven do you know if the Reverse system is still working, mainly the Reverse +2?
Cheers
This month the reverse system has not been as good as normal system being the best. Still it is the best for minimising losses. PGI 1st bet win percentage has increased making the reverse not as good. The last 100 alerts (back to 12Feb10) have a 52% first bet win with 8 % loss rate. Makes the normal system profit 1130 and reverse system -2360. Makes it hard to decide which way to go. Something to note is if BOM had not changed their return percentage I think January and February would have been profitable using PGI normal strategy.
Figures on monthly systems below;

........ Jan10.....Feb......Mar10
3 Bet -1,020.00, -1045, 3665
6 Bet -2,705.00, -2710, -12510
2 Bet -4,120.00, -745, -935
Rev Single 380.00, -800, -2480
Rev + 1 -20.00, -420, -2860
Rev + 2 2,915.00, 765, 90
Rev + 3 1,250.00, 990,

This month the reverse system has not been as good as normal system being the best. Still it is the best for minimising losses. PGI 1st bet win percentage has increased making the reverse not as good. The last 100 alerts (back to 12Feb10) have a 52% first bet win with 8 % loss rate. Makes the normal system profit 1130 and reverse system -2360. Makes it hard to decide which way to go. Something to note is if BOM had not changed their return percentage I think January and February would have been profitable using PGI normal strategy.
Figures on monthly systems below;

........ Jan10.....Feb......Mar10
3 Bet -1,020.00, -1045, 3665
6 Bet -2,705.00, -2710, -12510
2 Bet -4,120.00, -745, -935
Rev Single 380.00, -800, -2480
Rev + 1 -20.00, -420, -2860
Rev + 2 2,915.00, 765, 90
Rev + 3 1,250.00, 990,

Thanks Loven that's really helpful. The figures stack up as I believed they would.

I remember some saying that PGI may be going to a 2 bet system later this year with more accurate alerts. Perhaps this is the start of a more refined system?

Hopefully the 3 bet system will keep performing with good results - fingers crossed.

Hi All,

This is my first post here, I have just finished reading the forum from begininng to end, and wow there is a lot of negative posting going on...

I can't speak for previous results, but my trading experience with PGI so far (only one month) has been profitable...

I have applied the PGI trading strategy to the last 3 months of results on the PGI website and using a bet amount of [I wish to win - $200 1st, $450 2nd and $1,000 3rd hour] then the results for all of the 208 alerts listed up until 1-4-10 would be a profit of $4,239.20 [including the 15 losses] this give a hit rate of 93%...

As I do not receive alerts for Belgium and I don't trade the Compq due to the time zone, if you remove those alerts from the table then the profit jumps to $7,725.50 [including 9 losses with 4 of these being the UK market] this gives a hit rate of 95%...

So the numbers stack up for me, providing the average can stay above 92%, even with the 80-85% returns from BOM, then there is money to be made... Just watch out for that UK market it seems to be associated with too many bets going beyond the 3+ hours, I will be mindful of this when trading...

From what I have read throughout these posts, it seems that too many people are trying to 'buck' the system... Reverse Trades, try this, try that???

So in my opinion, just stick to the plan, be patient, be prepared to loose and watch your investment grow...

Good luck to all..

MIT

Hi All,

This is my first post here, I have just finished reading the forum from begininng to end, and wow there is a lot of negative posting going on...

I can't speak for previous results, but my trading experience with PGI so far (only one month) has been profitable...

I have applied the PGI trading strategy to the last 3 months of results on the PGI website and using a bet amount of [I wish to win - $200 1st, $450 2nd and $1,000 3rd hour] then the results for all of the 208 alerts listed up until 1-4-10 would be a profit of $4,239.20 [including the 15 losses] this give a hit rate of 93%...

As I do not receive alerts for Belgium and I don't trade the Compq due to the time zone, if you remove those alerts from the table then the profit jumps to $7,725.50 [including 9 losses with 4 of these being the UK market] this gives a hit rate of 95%...

So the numbers stack up for me, providing the average can stay above 92%, even with the 80-85% returns from BOM, then there is money to be made... Just watch out for that UK market it seems to be associated with too many bets going beyond the 3+ hours, I will be mindful of this when trading...

From what I have read throughout these posts, it seems that too many people are trying to 'buck' the system... Reverse Trades, try this, try that???

So in my opinion, just stick to the plan, be patient, be prepared to loose and watch your investment grow...

Good luck to all..

MIT

Here is the spreadsheet I have used to calculate these results...

Attachments

• PGI Results 2010.xlsx
    30.6 KB · Views: 221
Here is the spreadsheet I have used to calculate these results...

Your figures don't sound right to me since betting the higher amount as my post above showed gave a profit of only $1600 for the 3 months Jan-Mar10 betting as directed. My file has become corrupted somehow so I haven't been able to open it lately. I am trying to fix it cause I have a lot of info in it. Haven't had any luck so far though. Due to that I cannot currently compare your figures to find a discrepency

You have been trading since there has been the best months result going back to May 09 so am not suprised you are happy. Thats a case of right place right time. Yes we all hope it stays that way however you have not experienced what the rest of us have. Do not be too quick to think that others are being unfairly negative just because your limited experience has been good. Of course we all want to make money from it, in most cases the people here just want to make some of their money back.

Cheers lovenlust72, thanks for the feedback...

My figures a purely from the results posted on the PGI website, so I have nothing to compare them with...

Hopefully the better run of alerts can assist in you recovering some of the huge losses I have read about in this forum, good luck with that...

I have felt some of that pain, fortunately with my virtual account. I traded with the PGI alerts during Feb/Mar and managed to wipe out the account...

Always being taught to make your mistakes with someone elses money, this lesson has paid off for me as I was testing some strategies, trying my luck and guessing and I ave now realised that this does not work...

As I read in one post, someone stated "what is so good about the PGI system if you have to analyse the markets". I guess thats my strategy, don't over analyse, follow the alerts and take the good with the bad...

Timing is everything in life, and i guess at this stage, my introduction to Index Trader has been at the right time...

All the best...

MIT

Has anyone experienced periodic slow downs on the BOM website i.e. at 10:05 GMT, 9 April. I wanted to place a bet on the UK index and the "indices" betting tab took about 2 minutes to load after I clicked it. During this time I tried refreshing the page and I tested other websites which loaded fine.

I contacted BOM about this because I've experienced these slow downs before and they told me I need to be more specific in identifying the problem. They said there was no website maintenance during this time.

Am I alone on this?

P.S. The portfolio tab did the same thing which could be dangerous.

Has anyone experienced periodic slow downs on the BOM website i.e. at 10:05 GMT, 9 April. I wanted to place a bet on the UK index and the "indices" betting tab took about 2 minutes to load after I clicked it. During this time I tried refreshing the page and I tested other websites which loaded fine.

I contacted BOM about this because I've experienced these slow downs before and they told me I need to be more specific in identifying the problem. They said there was no website maintenance during this time.

Am I alone on this?

P.S. The portfolio tab did the same thing which could be dangerous.

Hi Alex1987,

I have found this issue a few times with heavy traffic on the BOM website. You will notice when loading a page that the BOM site uses several web servers (the URL will begin with a name of a bird like http://www.ibis1.betonmarkets.com//......) so the best way to combat this slow loading is to close down your browser and re open a new browser which should still have you logged into your account but hopefully switch you to a different server...

This method has worked for me, so worth giving it a try...

Cheers

MIT :cheesy:

Hi Peter,

You may have missed my previous question above about the live trading account.

Hi Argento,

Sorry mate I've been away for a bit. We're currently not posting our trading account on the website. However, you are welcome to call customer service and ask for a printout of recent trades from our live trading account. The number to call is 1300 146 339 (in Australia of course). Best Regards, PJ.

Hi Argento,

Sorry mate I've been away for a bit. We're currently not posting our trading account on the website. However, you are welcome to call customer service and ask for a printout of recent trades from our live trading account. The number to call is 1300 146 339 (in Australia of course). Best Regards, PJ.

Hey Peter I see that BOM are disputing the German down bet on 26Mar10 1310 GMT.
Can you let us know what the dispute is and how it is going . I looked at the figures and the raw intraday figures are different to the betting ones. Maybe this has something to do with it.

Also an update on the other bet that a few of us wrote to BOM after hearing how they had refunded anothers account for it due to not being able to double up. BOM still has not bothered to respond to at least two of us. They have responded to emails after that regarding site problems rather quickly though.

Hi Alex1987,

I have found this issue a few times with heavy traffic on the BOM website. You will notice when loading a page that the BOM site uses several web servers (the URL will begin with a name of a bird like http://www.ibis1.betonmarkets.com//......) so the best way to combat this slow loading is to close down your browser and re open a new browser which should still have you logged into your account but hopefully switch you to a different server...

This method has worked for me, so worth giving it a try...

Cheers

MIT :cheesy:

I'll give it a go next time it happens, cheers.
Alex

I'm interested in how the Auto Trader system is working. Does anyone have any have any results?

Evening all,

Any know how DAX went last night? 20-04-2010 @ GMT 10:54
I only traded the CAC (only one loss), Tuesdays losses plus tonights loss won't be good for the figures. Thinks have been looking up.

Evening all,

Any know how DAX went last night? 20-04-2010 @ GMT 10:54
I only traded the CAC (only one loss), Tuesdays losses plus tonights loss won't be good for the figures. Thinks have been looking up.
Dax lost as well effectively making 3 of the last 5 trades losses