Pgi

Hi all,

Does anyone have the result for Dutch index 4/3/10 Higher (DOWN) 12.10? PGI has it winning in 3, but i have it as winning in 4 hours. Anyone confirm this?

How can you have it winning in 4 hours? Where are you sourcing your data from? BOM's details page shows that at 1400 it was 333.14 and at 1500 it was 332.99, which means it won in the 3rd. hour. If you placed a bet on the alert you can check this information yourself in the profit table page of your account.

Hi all,

Does anyone have the result for Dutch index 4/3/10 Higher (DOWN) 12.10? PGI has it winning in 3, but i have it as winning in 4 hours. Anyone confirm this?

It won on the tick after the hour which meant a win on the 3rd as thats the way BOM works. Very lucky.

How can you have it winning in 4 hours? Where are you sourcing your data from? BOM's details page shows that at 1400 it was 333.14 and at 1500 it was 332.99, which means it won in the 3rd. hour. If you placed a bet on the alert you can check this information yourself in the profit table page of your account.

Where do I source my data from? From BOM.

How can I have it winning in 4 hours? Because that is what the BOM data I am looking at clearly says. The BOM Intraday Prices table shows that at 1400 it was 333.15 and at 1500 it was 333.28 and at 1600 it was 332.02 which means that it won in the 4th hour. (check it yourself if you don't believe me).

If you had thought about it, it may have occurred to you that I had not placed a bet on the alert and therefore this information was not available to me to check for myself in the profit table of my account.

You may be unaware of it but there is often a discrepancy in the BOM data between the details page and the intraday prices page. This is because of the policy of taking the result from the next tick past the end time. The discrepancy in the hours to win is what in fact prompted my question. Do you understand now?

Thank you for answering my question, but was there any particular reason for the unpleasantness of your response?

Where do I source my data from? From BOM.

How can I have it winning in 4 hours? Because that is what the BOM data I am looking at clearly says. The BOM Intraday Prices table shows that at 1400 it was 333.15 and at 1500 it was 333.28 and at 1600 it was 332.02 which means that it won in the 4th hour. (check it yourself if you don't believe me).

If you had thought about it, it may have occurred to you that I had not placed a bet on the alert and therefore this information was not available to me to check for myself in the profit table of my account.

You may be unaware of it but there is often a discrepancy in the BOM data between the details page and the intraday prices page. This is because of the policy of taking the result from the next tick past the end time. The discrepancy in the hours to win is what in fact prompted my question. Do you understand now?

Thank you for answering my question, but was there any particular reason for the unpleasantness of your response?

Ok, let's start with the 1st. query. This is what BOM's details page displays on my account:

13:50 GMT 332.86 333.26 332.6 0.06 (0.02%)
14:00 GMT 333.14 333.5 332.86 0.28 (0.08%)
14:10 GMT 332.88 333.25 332.88 0.26 (0.08%)
14:20 GMT 332.78 332.97 332.59 0.10 (0.03%)
14:30 GMT 332.88 333.02 332.78 0.10 (0.03%)
14:40 GMT 333.21 333.42 332.86 0.33 (0.10%)
14:50 GMT 333.28 333.66 333.04 0.07 (0.02%)
15:00 GMT 332.99 333.68 332.99 0.29 (0.09%)

If you traded on this alert these are the figures which should be displayed on your details page. If your figures or any other BOM accountholders figures are different, I'm sure everyone here would like to know about it, and if you traded on this alert and didn't get paid, you should take that matter up with BOM.
I'm sorry if you thought my post was unpleasant, but I'm just a subscriber like you, and up to 10th March when I had 2 alerts not be successful in 3 hours, I had 43 that were successful, and I have had 8 successful since. I think that's a pretty impressive strike rate, and it's made me money. If you can find a stockbroker who can show anything remotely near that strike rate, I'm sure we would all like to know.
When I visit this site, I rarely find positive comments and I guess your post caught me at the wrong time.

Ok, let's start with the 1st. query. This is what BOM's details page displays on my account:

13:50 GMT 332.86 333.26 332.6 0.06 (0.02%)
14:00 GMT 333.14 333.5 332.86 0.28 (0.08%)
14:10 GMT 332.88 333.25 332.88 0.26 (0.08%)
14:20 GMT 332.78 332.97 332.59 0.10 (0.03%)
14:30 GMT 332.88 333.02 332.78 0.10 (0.03%)
14:40 GMT 333.21 333.42 332.86 0.33 (0.10%)
14:50 GMT 333.28 333.66 333.04 0.07 (0.02%)
15:00 GMT 332.99 333.68 332.99 0.29 (0.09%)

If you traded on this alert these are the figures which should be displayed on your details page. If your figures or any other BOM accountholders figures are different, I'm sure everyone here would like to know about it, and if you traded on this alert and didn't get paid, you should take that matter up with BOM.
I'm sorry if you thought my post was unpleasant, but I'm just a subscriber like you, and up to 10th March when I had 2 alerts not be successful in 3 hours, I had 43 that were successful, and I have had 8 successful since. I think that's a pretty impressive strike rate, and it's made me money. If you can find a stockbroker who can show anything remotely near that strike rate, I'm sure we would all like to know.
When I visit this site, I rarely find positive comments and I guess your post caught me at the wrong time.

I think you haven't understood my post. I did not trade on this alert, therefore I do not have access to the details page (nor do I have any gripe with BOM because of it). However, so that I can maintain complete records of the alerts, I look them up to see how they went. The data that BOM provides in the intraday prices table showed that the alert did not win in 3 hours but 4. You are obviously fairly new to this so you may not know that BOM does actually provide 2 sets of data: the details page and the intraday prices. The data in the two tables is often different because of the first tick thing. The details page has the data at the first tick past the start and end time of the bet, while the intraday prices data has the actual correct data for the times shown. You can check it yourself by doing a comparison of the 2 tables. Its almost a moot point now, as they have announced from next week they will no longer use the first tick. Mostly it doesn't affect the outcome of the bet, but in some cases it does. You can lose a bet because of it too, but in this case, as lovenlust said, it was very lucky, because the bet was won because of it.

Seeing the discrepancy, I didn't launch into any kind of attack on PGI or BOM, I simply asked for someone to confirm the result.

If you have only been trading with PGI since they have made an oustanding improvement with their alerts (just the last couple of months or so) then you are very fortunate, but trust me, the rest of us have suffered through a disastrous year of major losses which we have yet to make up and these negative comments you read here were totally justified. Check out lovenlusts posts and blog - if you traded using PGIs system between May and December last year you would have lost around $40K. I am the first to recognise and admit the dramatic improvement and we are all hoping this improvement continues and they keep doing as well as they have been recently, (after all, it is in our best interests for that to happen) but you also have to understand that it has severely damaged our confidence in pgi and left us very guarded about placing our trust in them as readily as we once may have. It will take time (and continued good results) before it is restored.

Ok I have a question regarding this. By my reckoning the 43 alerts you had correct means that you won the German and French 1310 alerts on 25Feb. Now BOM did not allow the 3rd hour bet for anyone on those alerts and the only place that showed a win on those 2 alerts is PGI's data (since they didn't take into account BOM stuffing everyone around). The following day it lost the next hour. So forgive me if I'm mistaken but this makes it sound like you are someone from PGI that is trying to corrupt the thread. This has happened before and I hope I am wrong but I cannot see how you can have 43 wins straight.
There was 22 wins after those two alerts and 19 wins before them, coincidently making the 43 alerts you mentioned if you count the 2 that PGI claim as wins despite everyone losing on those alerts.

Ok I have a question regarding this. By my reckoning the 43 alerts you had correct means that you won the German and French 1310 alerts on 25Feb. Now BOM did not allow the 3rd hour bet for anyone on those alerts and the only place that showed a win on those 2 alerts is PGI's data (since they didn't take into account BOM stuffing everyone around). The following day it lost the next hour. So forgive me if I'm mistaken but this makes it sound like you are someone from PGI that is trying to corrupt the thread. This has happened before and I hope I am wrong but I cannot see how you can have 43 wins straight.
There was 22 wins after those two alerts and 19 wins before them, coincidently making the 43 alerts you mentioned if you count the 2 that PGI claim as wins despite everyone losing on those alerts.

Happy to explain. I complained to BOM about my inability to continue my bet and subsequently was compensated.

Happy to explain. I complained to BOM about my inability to continue my bet and subsequently was compensated.

What did they compensate you for? Was it for all 4 losing bets prior to when the bets couldn't be placed?

That is strange considering they refused to refund a bet that could not be cancelled when their server was having problems. Their answer ws that they wont refund them because it is a risk that you take betting online. Yet you are saying they refunded 4 bets because you could not place a follow up bet. That is incredible to say the least.

Oh and that would still only make 41 wins

What did they compensate you for? Was it for all 4 losing bets prior to when the bets couldn't be placed?

Jackoo I will be sending an email to BOM to hopefully get a refund as well. Since they did it for you could you give me your BOM Acct # so I can quote it to them showing they have previously accepted this. Can send it in private message if you like. I will also quote PGI as my source for the alerts, whether or not that will make any difference I do not know. But it is worth a shot to get back the $1924 I lost because of it. Glad I didn't try to trade a 3rd hour on the following day.

Jackoo I will be sending an email to BOM to hopefully get a refund as well. Since they did it for you could you give me your BOM Acct # so I can quote it to them showing they have previously accepted this. Can send it in private message if you like. I will also quote PGI as my source for the alerts, whether or not that will make any difference I do not know. But it is worth a shot to get back the $1924 I lost because of it. Glad I didn't try to trade a 3rd hour on the following day.

So you want me to supply you with my details so you can destroy whatever relationship I have been able to develop with BOM just so you can try and secure a refund for yourself? Sorry mate, but you're gonna have to fight your own battles with BOM. I'm pretty sure you're already familiar with the procedures involved in negotiating a refund with BOM judging by previous posts of yours on this site. I hope you're successful.

Hi Argento,

Thanks for making me feel welcome to this thread.

In regard to the Index Trader alert: Italian 1410 Down 2nd hour on 4th Jan 2010, please see this link on the PGI website, which was posted expressly in response to this question. You will find screenshots from ESignal (our data provider) which show the trade as being successful in the 2nd hour.

If in fact a trade was placed for this alert with BOM and the trade was not paid as successful in the 2nd hour then you need to take this up with Bet On Markets directly, as we have no jurisdiction to do so.

I hope this has helped clear up the issue for that particular trade alert.

Have a great evening. Best Regards, PJ.

Did anyone take this up with BOM and what was the result?

Good Morning All,

For all PGI Index Traders,

Just thought I'd let you know there is a new post in the Members section of the PGI Website under "Latest News" entitled "New Extended Betting Times on BOM". I highly recommend checking the members section fairly regularly as there are some good changes happening. We are trying to respond to your needs as much as possible.

Have a great day! Regards, Peter Jensen
Peter just wondering how this changes anything. Since the trades are made for an hour I think this just means you are able to place a bet within the last hour that we couldnt before. But we could still place the bet before the hour started. So am I correct in saying all this does is give us 5 minutes extra that we can ake to place the last bet of the trading day.

So you want me to supply you with my details so you can destroy whatever relationship I have been able to develop with BOM just so you can try and secure a refund for yourself? Sorry mate, but you're gonna have to fight your own battles with BOM. I'm pretty sure you're already familiar with the procedures involved in negotiating a refund with BOM judging by previous posts of yours on this site. I hope you're successful.

Well that would then beg the question what relationship you have with BOM since they made it clear to me that they only give refunds for incorrect data on the feed.
I fully expected you to not give me the detail, as did the people that PMed me about you. Seems no one around here believes you are legit. I gave you the chance to prove you were telling the truth but you made an excuse which destroys your credibility. Don't know how quoting that they had given a refund for the same reason would destroy your relationship with them.

I will email them and I know that at least one other person has already. Will post the results on the board. You realise if they knock us both back it makes you look like a liar.

I will email them and I know that at least one other person has already. Will post the results on the board. You realise if they knock us both back it makes you look like a liar.

Ok, here is a copy of the email I just sent to BOM

I trade from Alerts subscribed from Prosperity Group International. This involves betting on the alert at 10 past the hour then on the hour after that, doubling up if the alert loses the 1st and 2nd hours. With BOM fees it needs to be a bit more than double.
On the 25Feb10 alerts were received for the German and French markets for the market to go up.I bet on both for 1310 to 1400 costing $276.69 and $276.54 then on losing placed the doubleup for 1400 to 1500 costing $685.63 and $685.42 respectively. total cost for the 4 bets being $1924.28.
When I tried to place the bet for 1500 to 1600 at 1448GMT I got the message that bets could not be made in the last 90 minutes of the trading day. I continued to try right up to the end of the hour (after the 5 minute cutoff tried for 1510 start) but kept getting the same message every time.
This has not happened previously for these markets and I had previously made bets at this time before. For the French the last time it had gone through that time I had placed a bet on 29Jan10 at 1454 for a 1500 to 1600. So I had no reason to believe it would not accept the bet. I was trying to place the bet to win 2750 for each of the alerts as the 3rd hour.

As this was something that obviously cost me considerably and it was something that BOM obviously stuffed up on I am requesting a refund for the bets placed. I have been told by another member that subscribes to PGI that they had recieved a refund for the same reason. I think since BOM has gained about $80000 of my money it can afford to refund me this since it was not a server timeout or anything but something BOM did on the day that prevented me making the follow up bet that wouldve won me more back than I am asking.

Thanks
Dave

Will see how it goes

Ok, here is a copy of the email I just sent to BOM

I trade from Alerts subscribed from Prosperity Group International. This involves betting on the alert at 10 past the hour then on the hour after that, doubling up if the alert loses the 1st and 2nd hours. With BOM fees it needs to be a bit more than double.
On the 25Feb10 alerts were received for the German and French markets for the market to go up.I bet on both for 1310 to 1400 costing $276.69 and $276.54 then on losing placed the doubleup for 1400 to 1500 costing $685.63 and $685.42 respectively. total cost for the 4 bets being $1924.28.
When I tried to place the bet for 1500 to 1600 at 1448GMT I got the message that bets could not be made in the last 90 minutes of the trading day. I continued to try right up to the end of the hour (after the 5 minute cutoff tried for 1510 start) but kept getting the same message every time.
This has not happened previously for these markets and I had previously made bets at this time before. For the French the last time it had gone through that time I had placed a bet on 29Jan10 at 1454 for a 1500 to 1600. So I had no reason to believe it would not accept the bet. I was trying to place the bet to win 2750 for each of the alerts as the 3rd hour.

As this was something that obviously cost me considerably and it was something that BOM obviously stuffed up on I am requesting a refund for the bets placed. I have been told by another member that subscribes to PGI that they had recieved a refund for the same reason. I think since BOM has gained about $80000 of my money it can afford to refund me this since it was not a server timeout or anything but something BOM did on the day that prevented me making the follow up bet that wouldve won me more back than I am asking.

Thanks
Dave

Will see how it goes

Your comments are interesting. Let's try and address them one at a time. Firstly, you query what relationship I have with BOM, and by the tone of your post you seem to insinuate that there is some sort of sneaky connection.

There isn't .

I am a bettor just like you and every other BOM client. I am just as p%ssed off by the reductions in their profit margins as I asume you are.

Every client with every company has, as a result of their communication with that company an association. If you are someone whose communication with that company is generally negative, then naturally that association is regarded by them as negative.

Maybe my negotiation skills with BOM are more effective than yours. I am just logically protective of what I have been able to achieve which is why I have no intention of disclosing my BOM details to you or anyone else.

Your "liar" tag is hopefully an emotive one, and not indicative of your intelligence.

The email you have sent to BOM seems to promote your position well, so good luck!

Peter just wondering how this changes anything. Since the trades are made for an hour I think this just means you are able to place a bet within the last hour that we couldnt before. But we could still place the bet before the hour started. So am I correct in saying all this does is give us 5 minutes extra that we can ake to place the last bet of the trading day.

Hi Lovenlust72,

We actually have an extra 10 minutes to place a trade or re-trade as BOM bets on 10 minutes increments. The benefit of this change is it allows us to actually place a trade on time, rather than early, thereby facilitating more accuracy. Regards, Peter Jensen :)