Esquela Investments Ltd

GRUNYCAT

I received a cold call from an investment company called 'Esquela Investments Ltd, the call was purportedly from Geneva, but the blurb that arrived was posted in the UK. Given that the call was from Geneva or may infact have been elsewhere and being a skeptic was wondering if anyone else had heard of them etc. Is this another 'Boiler Room Scam? I ask myself where the investments are worthless.

GRUNYCAT said:
I received a cold call from an investment company called 'Esquela Investments Ltd, the call was purportedly from Geneva, but the blurb that arrived was posted in the UK. Given that the call was from Geneva or may infact have been elsewhere and being a skeptic was wondering if anyone else had heard of them etc. Is this another 'Boiler Room Scam? I ask myself where the investments are worthless.

What paper work did they send you? do you have a website or phone number etc, ??

It would seem like a boiler room, but I'd like to learn more if you have more info?

watchout for people selling New Millenium Medical, as I have been offered that and its a scam, also got a call from a company called Citicap Equity Consultants, and I have reported them to the FSA, but they are based in spain.

GRUNYCAT said:

I think you will find that Esquela Investments Ltd is in fact registered in Cyprus.

Don't touch them.

Airthrey Capital said:
I think you will find that Esquela Investments Ltd is in fact registered in Cyprus.

Don't touch them.

How did you find out that they are registered in Cyprus?

Anyone recieving cold calling for investments should ignore them all. The FSA website has a list of known scam companies but of course it's always out of date as it takes a couple of hours work to invent a companies name and change the web site details. Ringing someone up pushing investments is illegal if the company/person is not registered with the FSA. It should be the first thing you ask them (are they registered with the FSA ) then they'll say we're offshore so we don't have too (oh yes they do) and it cuts admin costs (but it means it just makes it easier for them to steal your money and run away).

GRUNYCAT: They now know your telephone number and address so be on the lookout for more scams coming your way!!

Of course it's a scam.

ANYONE that cold calls you offering investment advice who is not registered is trying to take money off you.

Still, many want to believe what they say.........