Payroll Turd Polishing

"Manufacturing employment remained unchanged(real jobs that might help US actually make some money)."

Unchanged even tho' fast food workers were recently re-classified under manufacturing.

Guess we've just got to accept it. It's a big bad world out there - and we all know it.

Im as pi$$ed about it as anyone, but now I'm learning to let it pass me by. I'm not going to start going grey because of some jumped up filthy pigs from the land that God forgot. I've just got to learn to accept how the market takes the numbers - be they real or not. - then make ca$h from it.

Im just sitting back waiting for the $hit to hit the fan - AND IT WILL - because of all this manipulation. Then, I will be there, ready, with my finger on the button, ready to send my 500 lot into the market and add to the pain of these greedy pigs who are ruining the world.

Jesus loves you!

zigglewigler

I had cause to point out your cynicism earlier in this thread and note that you do not appear to have amended your ways.

It is time that you learned that political manipulating of the markets is all part of the democratic and non democratic way of the world and no amount of complaining is going to change that.

I suggest that you adopt the more fasionable approach to this type of data production and say what a good thing it is and look how the markets are improving etc, i'm sure you get the drift.

When things go wrong you then adopt the 'too far too soon' approach/ blame it on foreign speculators/ democrats/those who were not with us therefore were against us/the french etc.

So let's have no more of this negative un-patriotic talk, get on message and let the spin take the strain.

Regards

bracke

Last edited:
BBB,
"add to the pain of these greedy pigs who are ruining the world"....but apart from that are they basically decent sorts you could have a drink with after the game.. ;) ....LOL

Chump - lol - yea I would of course - but only if I had some poison to tip in their drink that caused them the same amount of pain and suffering they have caused the rest in the world.

Brackle - although I agree with the jist of your post, I don't see how we can be patriotic about this country anymore. Lets face it, the loony left now call us racist if we fly our own flag. 'They' take offence if we call our selves GREAT Britain, thanks to tony b'Liar, we are disliked the world over because of the Iraq war, our politicians lie to us EVERY DAY, people from overseas have more rights to UK (sorry, GB) resources than we do, your children are now being brainwashed with the cultures and ideas from 1000's of miles away. GB used to be a great country who gave a lot of charity and education to the rest of the world. We now call our selves the united (ie slightly disjointed) kingdom - the trash bin for what the rest of the world no longer wants. Thank you tony bLiar.

And before anyone says 'BBB, why do you stay here?' I say exactly! I'm planning my escape out of this 'country' for good.

I apologise if any of this rambling seems racist. It is not ment to be. I accept that there have been some tremendous contributions made to this country from those overseas. I just dont like to see our identity gradually eroded every day, and all that was good about this country being thrown away so as not to offend those who have no right to be here, or who have played no part in the building of what once was a great place to be proud of - a victim of our own success?

Last edited:
chump
yes it helps to laugh, doesn't it? I mean, who is running that asylum?

More good news for Americans, import prices up 0.8% for year end Feb. And all Greenspan and his elves were looking out for was deflation!:rolleyes:

bracke
non!

BBB
trouble with being 'Great' is that it refers to the English Chanel, that thing that kept the Nazis out, as in Greater Britain as distinct from Little Britain in the North of France.

Yes we should still call ourselves Great Britain if we want to refer to our geography, but we should stop pretending to be 'Great' while we follow Amerilalaland to rack and ruin.

And all these Anglo-Saxons invading our land. Bloody foreigners!

BBB, on your subject of looney politically correct, a friend of mine flies the police helicopter quite often and said that the other day when he was in Bath he was told they could no longer order a "Black" or "White" coffee in the canteen, now it had to be a coffee with or without milk.

zigglewigler

I had hoped that you would see the error of your ways without recourse to additional admonishment but you appear determined to maintain this stubborn old fashioned realistic attitude.

I strongly suggest that you allow the scales to fall from your eyes to see and adopt the NEW realism - you will feel a lot better for it.

Failure to amend your ways will only result in more pain for you as the US election draws closer and you are obliged to accept more good news. Don't be silly, adopt NEW realism you know it makes non-sense

Regards

bracke

zigglewigler

There you go again with your radical thoughts, not to worry, you'll
feel a lot better if you keep reminding yourself NEW realism, good old realism bad and whilst your at it get yourself a good chunk of consumer debt it'll work wonders for your perception.

Regards

bracke

Consumer Debt - thats another thing that winds me up.

When Im at the bar trying to get the beers in, why o why are all the chicks always paying with their plastic?? Its a round of drinks for crying out loud love! Whats wrong with cash??? Its quicker for a start which means I can continue binge drinking during the archaic hours imposed on me alreasbfggubhg;iash.

[EDITORS NOTE - Unfortunately BBB has died in mid post after blowing a gasket in pure rage over the tiny things in life that he really shouldn't have let bother him]

R.I.P.

Hidden news from the BLS
April 4, 2004
By Kevin Murtaugh
Why would BLS admit there is an "estimated growth in population" and then turn around and reduce the population? While out-migration has become commonplace in Silicon Valley, this would be the first report claiming the USA is experiencing net out-migration!?! Could it be more and more people just escaping detection because they dropped out of the workforce? Or could there be political motivation?
http://www.prudentbear.com/archive_comm_article.asp?category=Guest+Commentary&content_idx=31571

Well, the 300,000 'whisper number' didn't quite get hit today then.............!?............. :LOL:

a mere 268,000 out...................... :(

Big Al (G'span) will be telling us that the 32k NF payrolls reported was yet another "aberration" when he hikes the rate by another .25% next week............ :rolleyes:

Attachments

• fun alan.jpg
    fun alan.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 626
And in the data today, unemployment fell 0.1% when they had been expecting no change?
See other details below for other figures. Seems to me, the market didn't want to know the details it was just any ole excuse

The jobs report did have a bright spot: According to the survey of
households, employment grew by 629,000 in July, the biggest gain
since January
Most economists give greater credibility to the establishment
survey, which
showed 32,000 net jobs in July.
"You can't ignore some pieces of data and pay exclusive attention to
others,"
Mankiw said. "The truth lies in between those two estimates."
Labor Secretary Elaine Chao also emphasized the strong employment
gains in the
household survey in her official comment on the report.

Look out for revisions next month then! I don't understand how the unemployment rate went down though?

When the government issues its closely watched employment report Friday morning, it's expected to show payrolls increased in October in part because of a rebound from a spate of hurricanes.
The average forecast of 39 economists surveyed by is for nonfarm payroll gains of 175,000 jobs after a disappointing gain of 96,000 in the previous month. The estimates range from 85,000 to 325,000.

Plainly a volatile little number and it is November 5th - a recipe for fireworks.....!?

Will those calling it 'up' be stuffed by high oil prices and the presidential election uncertainty that may suppress hiring.....?

I'll go for 125,000 and be prepared to be 100,000 out either way...... ;)

Any other estimates......?...... (with or without reasons......)

I attach a list of Eurodollar price changes on the day before and on the day of Payrolls. There appears to be a strong correlation here. If ED yields move more than 2bps net on the Thursday before payrolls then it is highly likely that the market will continue to move this way after the figure. This rule has only failed twice since 01-Aug-03 and would suggest further declines in yields post figure today.
I will not personally be staking anything on this theory, actually, if anything, I feel like the bonds are overbought and due for some downside.
Cannot deny that it is a very interesting observation.

Attachments

• Payroll.PNG
    Payroll.PNG
    44.1 KB · Views: 287