US Payroll figures?

grubs50

408 0
I thinking they were all hoping that the last piece in d puzzle (jobs) would fit cos of the positive nature of all the other economic indicators unfortunately we still have a jobless recovery (whatever that means..........lol). Bushie baby wouldn't like this in an election year

Rainmaker

201 3
very difficult to predict - the workforce in the us must be over 120 million. in isolation, these numbers are a tint tick as a %age of the employment number. however, in the long run, it is scary that an annualised gdp growth rate close to 7% can create only about 250k new jobs (on an annualised basis - simplistically the feb number x 12). i guess employers are stretching their existing workforce until they are confident enough to hire en masse. also, they are using technology to keep a cap on their workforce as well as exporting jobs to asia.

Airthrey Capital

370 18
If additional hiring fails to materialise by November, we know that we can add at least 1 to the unemployment figure...George Bush.

Salty Gibbon

Experienced member
1,535 6
Howzabout a bet on a Supreme Court decision after extra time again

Rainmaker

201 3
guess there is a flipside to all this. if the economy is growing as the numbers suggest and companies' workforce costs aren't rising, then this should be good for company profits.

bracke

Experienced member
1,286 12
ABANDON DOW!

Women, Children and of course Traders FIRST.

Please excuse me I couldn't resist it.

Regards

bracke

Now where's that life jacket.

Airthrey Capital

370 18
Blairlogie said:
Rainmaker,

Certainly hope you are right....I am long Dow!

I suspect there will be a knee-jerk reaction either way post the figure, but a reversal by time of close. Doesn't help being a Friday either!

As predicted, Dow down 60 after figure, now up 50 (110 point recovery)

RogerM

Established member
752 6
Looks like all Americans without jobs are still spending money as tho' they still had them! So the credit bubble continues to inflate, and eventually the jobless American will have to stop consuming. Then wot?

Airthrey Capital

370 18
I have always suspected that the same thing is happening in the UK....

Particularly with regard to the UK housing market. People are quite happy to borrow large multiples to buy property in the hope that interest rates stay low. The argument has alwys been that there won't be a property market crash in the UK, on the basis that the last property crash ocurred when interest rates in the UK hit 15%.

That may have been the case then. But it doesn't mean that high interest rates are the only cause of properyty crashes.

If you lose your job, you have no income. No income, you can't pay your mortgage. No matter what the interest rate is.

UK property WILL crash. People are too much in debt.

grubs50

408 0
The housing bubble will burst in the UK, it's just a matter of time......................isn't it amazing how the release of this data has got the market excited with no particular direction.........i have read so many +ve and -ve reactions to it since 1.30pm and it is really reflected in the erratic nature of the market ever since

bracke

Experienced member
1,286 12
I have come to the conclusion that the majority of the British puplic will only reduce their spending and hence borrowing when the have to. They do not appear to take the hint when interest rates start to rise albeit in small amounts.

Untill it actually starts to hurt the spending/borrowing just goes on, all encouraged by government and lenders.

I suspect that the Bank Of England would like to increase rates further but are held back by the cost to industry in borrowing costs and want to avoid a strengthening of the pound which would effect exporters

There is also the consideration that if rates rise too far there will be financial carnage as borrowers become unable to repay debt bearig in mind the current debt levels

A rock and a hard place come to mind.

Regards

bracke

chump

2,212 274
Grubs,
"The housing bubble will burst in the UK, it's just a matter of time"

Yes,it might,but can we plan a trade for it ? Equally important can we plan a trade in case it doesn't ?

What we know is if we stand aside without a plan we will never be in front of any opportunity that comes along.

Cheers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock