Payroll Turd Polishing

Think I might do the unthinkable and change my stop! Might move Euro to 1.3225 resistance as I am hoping it will reverse later today and do't want to get stopped out. I think it will be a day a volitilty today..... Up n Down like a brides nighty

G-Man said:
My money is on 251, and a big push for the dollar. Cable just staying above support at the moment, (19050-60). We could see 18900 if the numbers are big enough.

Looks like I got that one wrong then!!!

Anyone entering a trade at this point or are we just monitoring existing trades. Going short on GBPUSD if it hits 1.9225 - not long to go! Anyone else going against the trend ?

affirmer said:
Anyone entering a trade at this point or are we just monitoring existing trades. Going short on GBPUSD if it hits 1.9225 - not long to go! Anyone else going against the trend ?

Also have a short order at 19220. Will have to see how that one goes.

As an aside, I have a test auto execute program running on IBFX which has posted some good gains since the NFP. Shame I can't swap those results for live.

Its been one of those annoying afternoons. I wait for the data to be released so as not to get stung by swings....enter my trades and make £1500 on S&P £450 on DOW but I'm losing £2000 on the euro!!! SO 50 quid down at the moment. I am hoping the dollar stregthens quicker than the indicies weaken from their highs

G-Man said:
Also have a short order at 19220. Will have to see how that one goes.

As an aside, I have a test auto execute program running on IBFX which has posted some good gains since the NFP. Shame I can't swap those results for live.

I always use to think that on my demo account - but as soon as I went live it all changed! I didn't run it long enough to bulid a big picture. How long have you been running the auto execute on IBFX?

I bet the £ tumbles now having not hit 19220 for you or 19225 for me!! - looks like some consolidation is starting in the Euro aswell now

affirmer said:
I bet the £ tumbles now having not hit 19220 for you or 19225 for me!! - looks like some consolidation is starting in the Euro aswell now

Looks like a bull flag now. Stopped just short of 19250.

Weekly high at 19260 in view now.

Did you cancel your short? I seems overbought for the day though - RSI is through the roof. Where is it going for the rest of the day? I'm still surprised it didn't go the other way after the data

and I wish I hadn't posted my previous one! After that the Euro shot up again and I got stopped out

affirmer said:
Did you cancel your short? I seems overbought for the day though - RSI is through the roof. Where is it going for the rest of the day? I'm still surprised it didn't go the other way after the data

I usually use a 14 period ADX as a momentum indicator and that is high over 52 on the 15min, but It can go higher yet. Unless there is another push from the euro desks now I think the top is in. Famous last words though...........

and off we go again... 40 mins and counting..

ladies and gentlemen, your bets please for the NFP number...

im in for a pound and a packet of bourbons for 264k

anyone else?

Last edited:
I'll go for a Hurricane cleanup induced blowout at 355, 000, but acknowledge that I could easily be 200k out, but closer than most economists.....

How does one guess the unguessable....?!!...... :LOL:

lol reserving the right should it come in at >500k lol ;)

no ideas how to guess the unguessable.. in terms of random number generators, its pretty much up there with the lottery...