ODL Markets

If you want to greatly increase your customer base and keep us all plus becoming the best and only HONEST s/bet company out there you simply need to do the following:

1: Include MT4 for spreadbet as well as your browser based trading/charting platform.
2: 24 hrs on FX
3: No silly requotes, platform freeze ups at busy times (the usual s/bet crooked games, I'm sure you're aware of these as we all are).
4: Continue where you started off, to listen and answer questions honestly (we are not daft, we know when we are being deceived).
5: Let us bet up to a £1000+ per point.
6: Introduce micro bets for better granularity of bets (i.e 10 pence per bet min) this is useful for % per account based bets.
7: Offer us a choice of being able to bet in what % of risk per our account on each position instead of us having to work it out like Oanda has.

That's off the top of my head, do this and you will be No1 in now time, and stay there!

If you want to greatly increase your customer base and keep us all plus becoming the best and only HONEST s/bet company out there you simply need to do the following:

1: Include MT4 for spreadbet as well as your browser based trading/charting platform.
3: No silly requotes, platform freeze ups at busy times (the usual s/bet crooked games, I'm sure you're aware of these as we all are).
4: Continue where you started off, to listen and answer questions honestly (we are not daft, we know when we are being deceived).
6: Introduce micro bets for better granularity of bets (i.e 10 pence per bet min) this is useful for % per account based bets.
7: Offer us a choice of being able to bet in what % of risk per our account on each position instead of us having to work it out like Oanda has.

That's off the top of my head, do this and you will be No1 in now time, and stay there!
Yes, a good lineup of points. I agree, MT4 for spread betting would really be something to put ODL in front of the rest.

We receive a number of requests to use Metatrader charts, but Metatrader is a downloadable application and our clients predominantly prefer non-downloadable browser based access to their platform ...

I'm surprised to hear that! I have yet to find a web based interface which allows custom indicators.

Metatrader charts are not extractable from the remainder of the Metatrader trading platform.

so have you considered using the complete Metatrader platform as an option :cheesy:

The votes for MT4 are stacking up !

I'm surprised to hear that! I have yet to find a web based interface which allows custom indicators.
The choice between a web based interface and MT4, would at least, for me be in favor of MT4. Newbies might prefer a web based interface. It would be a knockout to have both alternatives available.

I'm looking at ODL Securities as an option for SIPP trading ... but they seems to have different platforms for everything! How "close" are ODL Securities/Markets??

Any new SB company looking to be No1 could do no better than look at the way Futuresbetting.com ran their operation, platform etc.

When they used to offer bets on equity markets the only thing wrong with them was their very high commission.

Any new SB company looking to be No1 could do no better than look at the way Futuresbetting.com ran their operation, platform etc.

When they used to offer bets on equity markets the only thing wrong with them was their very high commission.

I looked into Futures betting, they were greedy with their commissions, I dont mind paying something if I'm trading £1000pp, but don't really want to get in to it if I can help it. if the order can be guaranteed to be filled at the quote for a small fixed price no matter what the trading volume, not per lot like FBetting then I would consider this.

Yes a good outfit before they ceased to operate. However I have never understood the benefit trading with them (beside tax reasons) as they were quite expensive, compared to trade futures with IB.

Is it possible to demo the ODL spreadbetting platform? I cant seem to find a link to any demo on their website.

Is it possible to demo the ODL spreadbetting platform? I cant seem to find a link to any demo on their website.

Pipstar - we do not as yet have a demo platform but are looking at solutions. Our first priority is the live platform but we are aware that people want to test drive the platform.

Regards,

Duncan

I'm looking at ODL Securities as an option for SIPP trading ... but they seems to have different platforms for everything! How "close" are ODL Securities/Markets??

a0-0b

ODL Markets is a division / trading name of ODL Securities - ie it is the same company, regulated by the FSA. ODL Markets is currently spread betting orientated whereas ODL Securities offers on exchange products sipps etc.

Thanks,

Duncan

fibbinstarchi

1. an interesting idea - I will have our project manager look into this. we currently have multiple platforms (including MT4) for our fx offering, so it is not inconceivable.
2. will be happening shortly
3. we have spent considerable time ensuring that the platform will not freeze up during busy periods. This is more an IT issue rather than a crooked game....
4. Agree
5. In theory there is nothing stopping you from trading over £1000 per point. What markets were you looking at?
6. we have fairly low minimum bet sizes
7. we are working on a more user friendly risk management tool, but this is quite a bit of work especially with 3 different account types with different rules (and is going to take some time).

Regards,

Duncan

I have an ODL account but it comes up now as closed.
I can still log in but cant get the spread betting platform opened.
What do i need to do to get this reopened and use the spreadbetting platform.?
Do i need to reapply?

Many thanks

CJIA

CJIA

best to email [email protected] or call and a member of the team will be able to sort the issue out for you.

Thanks

fibbinstarchi

1. an interesting idea - I will have our project manager look into this. we currently have multiple platforms (including MT4) for our fx offering, so it is not inconceivable.
2. will be happening shortly
3. we have spent considerable time ensuring that the platform will not freeze up during busy periods. This is more an IT issue rather than a crooked game....
4. Agree
5. In theory there is nothing stopping you from trading over £1000 per point. What markets were you looking at?
6. we have fairly low minimum bet sizes
7. we are working on a more user friendly risk management tool, but this is quite a bit of work especially with 3 different account types with different rules (and is going to take some time).

Regards,

Duncan

Hi
I trade the FX through spreadbet.
Let us know when you have sorted the above out (MT4 trading with spreadbet, £1pp min bet size, etc) and I'm sure you will enquiries.

I have an ODL account but it comes up now as closed.
I can still log in but cant get the spread betting platform opened.
What do i need to do to get this reopened and use the spreadbetting platform.?
Do i need to reapply?

Many thanks

CJIA
I too have an CFD account with 99.00 still in it coming up as closed and was told by the helpdesk that I indeed had to re-apply and re-submit all doc's again. I wasn't using the account because for a very long time at ODLs their CFD platform was in flux and I was ask to phone in all orders, (I still have the email's).

I liked their original platform when I first applied, really fast and clean,. but this new one is a real bear, but does work in demo mode, and will use it, however I'll be dammed if I go through the whole re-application process again.:mad:

ODL

Sort it out with these few requests and I'm sure once you get the MT4 trading/charting platform sorted and £1pp min bet sizes, instant execution, up to £1000pp bets, and you will get business as yours will be the only spreadbetting firm with MT4 technology, the ball's in your court now.

I too have an CFD account with 99.00 still in it coming up as closed and was told by the helpdesk that I indeed had to re-apply and re-submit all doc's again. I wasn't using the account because for a very long time at ODLs their CFD platform was in flux and I was ask to phone in all orders, (I still have the email's).

I liked their original platform when I first applied, really fast and clean,. but this new one is a real bear, but does work in demo mode, and will use it, however I'll be dammed if I go through the whole re-application process again.:mad:

Opened an account and did some trading,platform is not reliable and very slow at times.
Hopefully they can sort this out.

Discover account

I am with IGIndex and have got a Limited risk acccount which means Minimum £2pp on FTSE100 daily rolling and 4 Point spread.

What does ODL offer that is better than this in regards to a spread betting account.

Am I right in thinking that with the Discover account you have £0.50ppp and 1 point spread on FTSE100?

Is ODL charting the same as IgIndex from Prorealtime?

Thanks

Alan

Fibbinstachi - As mentioned we are looking into offering spreads on MT4, will keep you updated. We already have lower than £1pp min bet sizes on many products, I believe we are some of the lowest around.

Marlintrdg - I am sorry to hear about previous issues you may have had with ODL, please feel free to call into our helpdesk on 08000 154800 and discuss the situation with one of our team who can hopefully help you

alanp314 - our charting is from the same provider as IG, a company called IT FInance. You are correct that with our Discover account the min Bet size on the FTSE100 is 50p per point and you will even find that the spread to have a free guaranteed stop is just 1 point in hours!!

***24 HOUR TRADING***
From the 21st of April, ODL Markets will be trading 24 hours from 10pm Sunday nights to 10pm on Firday nights. We will be offering overnight spreads on FX, Indices and some bonds and commodities.