Learning profitable automated trading

I see...

You mean, as opposed to buy high, sell low...

Must be where I've been going wrong...

In a ranging market I buy low and sell high , and in trending markets sell low and buy back lower,or buy high and close higher.

I trade with small stakes initially ,and place large stakes after I get a feel for the sentiment and trend .The minute I see a trend ,I jump in with large quick in and out trades lasting a few minutes.

O D T

SpecialNeeds.jpg

You will never make money trading until you learn to control your ego. It seems that the only reason you post here is to convince people that you are the man,a great trader who makes lots of money (despite plenty of proof to the contrary). You won't make money as you will always be wanting to prove to the market that you are right too, even when you are losing.

Its the same as people who start a thread "Wow I made 1,000 pounds today!" They haven't even started to learn to trade yet as they don't have their emotions under control.

trades lasting a few minutes.

O D T

big swinging DICK.

how can anyine take this guy seriosuly. he has 50 automated systems running, apparently; is a mercenary trader, whatever that means. Thank goodness you stopped your crusdae against Goldmans, for one moment I thought they might just close the doors with you hot on their heels. Oh and there's another contradiction right there. ODT mercenray trading v Goldmans "mercenary" trading.

oi vey you are a muppet.

In a ranging market I buy low and sell high , and in trending markets sell low and buy back lower,or buy high and close higher.

I trade with small stakes initially ,and place large stakes after I get a feel for the sentiment and trend .The minute I see a trend ,I jump in with large quick in and out trades lasting a few minutes.

O D T

and you consider this 'mercenary' trading as opposed to what most other people are doing ? :shuriken:

and you consider this 'mercenary' trading as opposed to what most other people are doing ? :shuriken:

There is much more than that in mercenary trading.If I post any of the other twists and turns ,trading tricks ,counter trend trades , betting sequences , hedged trades etc etc , we could miss a lot of trading opportunities and lose trading opportunities.

Posting here this morning has already cost a few good opportunities.

There is much more than that in mercenary trading.If I post any of the other twists and turns ,trading tricks ,counter trend trades , betting sequences , hedged trades etc etc , we could miss a lot of trading opportunities and lose trading opportunities.

Posting here this morning has already cost a few good opportunities.

So, ODDT, pretty much everyone here thinks you are a moron.

Maybe none of us is clever enough to understand what you do.

OR, maybe you really are a total idiot.

In fact, that is unkind to idiots. You are a sub-idiot. You've never placed a single trade in your life, yet you come to this website and pollute it with your pointless gibberish.

So, ODDT, pretty much everyone here thinks you are a moron.

Maybe none of us is clever enough to understand what you do.

OR, maybe you really are a total idiot.

In fact, that is unkind to idiots. You are a sub-idiot. You've never placed a single trade in your life, yet you come to this website and pollute it with your pointless gibberish.

You are the one posting so much , instead of making money trading.Do the serious ones hang about on forums?

You are the one posting so much , instead of making money trading.Do the serious ones hang about on forums?

More total sh1t. You have over 2,000 posts, so by YOUR definition you are not serious (as if we needed confirmation).

Every time you type something you just confirm to everyone how ridiculous you are.

Here's a hint - stop posting and people might forget your stupidity.

Um, so it's our fault that you are forced into posting, and not making loads of money instead?

Just think how much money you could make if you never logged into t2w!!

Thank you for your kind help in my forum addiction problem.Here it is unlogged from the professionals!

can u share the rest of the EA you have not uploaded? seriously.. its no such thing as 10,000 traders would trade live with your ea.. for eg: how many traders there are in here follows exactly what the rest of the legendary member do? you only might need to worry if your ea is that good, JP Morgan, UBS bank can offer you billions to own it.

I agree, worrying that giving away your trading system will ruin your edge is being cynical. But like oildaytrader, I don't give mine away. I feel nervous about it too. It would be more fair to just admit that it's yours and you don't want to! Or that you'd rather sell it on a site somewhere than give it away.

I agree, worrying that giving away your trading system will ruin your edge is being cynical. But like oildaytrader, I don't give mine away. I feel nervous about it too. It would be more fair to just admit that it's yours and you don't want to! Or that you'd rather sell it on a site somewhere than give it away.

I really don't want to share the 30 to 50 EAS I am working on and using on live accounts .I don't want to sell them on forums or sites,I have few family contacts with $500m and owning a bank , they are interested in setting up a fund where they can earn 20 % per annum risk free in fund management fees on a 100m forex algo fund .

Hope you understand and please accept my apologies.

I really don't want to share the 30 to 50 EAS I am working on and using on live accounts .I don't want to sell them on forums or sites,I have few family contacts with $500m and owning a bank , they are interested in setting up a fund where they can earn 20 % per annum risk free in fund management fees on a 100m forex algo fund .

You have every right to keep them :)

EA's are hard work and look how many cannot build a good one! Perhaps that is the 95% of traders rule kicking in.

Personally I'm glad I had a few years under my belt before I moved on to Automation, it helped me to know which avenues I want to take and how the market reacts to certain things before I put my blood sweat and tears into code.

You have every right to keep them :)

EA's are hard work and look how many cannot build a good one! Perhaps that is the 95% of traders rule kicking in.

Personally I'm glad I had a few years under my belt before I moved on to Automation, it helped me to know which avenues I want to take and how the market reacts to certain things before I put my blood sweat and tears into code.

I have put in 10,000 hours of time ,had about 35 updates each on 3 styles of EAS ,presently they are getting retests and revamps to handle extreme crisis like the financial crisis, euro crisis, sovereign debt crisis and dollar crisis.In a normal crisis free environment , these eas do very well, the constant breakdown in trends over 2008 to 2010 due to all sorts of unusual market behaviour has meant a revamp to handle these types of scenarios.It is annoying and frustrating when doing the revamping and rewriting and retesting of a job completed a year ago.

Ha ha ha, you're still a sad fantasist aren't you. Even in the extremely unlikely event you have family contacts with $500mio (whatever that means), I am fairly certain that not one would invest money with you.

20% per annum "risk free". Uh huh. Do you have any idea how ridiculous you sound? You are one of the reasons I lost interest in t2w.. if they allow people like you to peddle utter b/s, then it doesn't say a lot about the rest of the site unfortunately.

Ha ha ha, you're still a sad fantasist aren't you. Even in the extremely unlikely event you have family contacts with $500mio (whatever that means), I am fairly certain that not one would invest money with you.

20% per annum "risk free". Uh huh. Do you have any idea how ridiculous you sound? You are one of the reasons I lost interest in t2w.. if they allow people like you to peddle utter b/s, then it doesn't say a lot about the rest of the site unfortunately.

Those hedge funds set up by investment banks are doing exactly that.20 % of profits , zero repayments for losses , that in my books is 20 % risk free money for fund management.Only the investors lose.

I am happy it makes you laugh.:LOL::LOL:

It took another 5 months since may to revamp the systems, they will be ready this week to go on forward for a month.Live again next month.

What am I gonna sell them to public for $1,000 max , one copy sold and 10,000 passing on black market for $100.Microsoft programs for $300 don't earn a penny , and you expect people to sell software to earn $50k a year for $300.

I have a relative working in Goldman's fx trading department.

Last edited: