Learning profitable automated trading

Your mechanical/automated strategies should be devised for 4 different types of market behaviour i.e ranging,trending ,failed trends and breakouts.Each type of market behaviour system will have 4 versions i.e low volatility, medium volatility,high volatility an extreme volatility. 4* 4 = 16 types of systems.Each of the 16 systems will cater for day trading and swing trading , making around 32 systems.

Each system will have to cater for quick exits and profit slow running exits , that is 64 systems (32*2).

All these guys selling single systems and automated systems are fraudsters.You need multiple mechanical systems to cater for all market conditions.

Is there an option on this forum to do the opposite of recommending a post? Sort of a "treat this post with the contempt that it deserves" button.

Is there an option on this forum to do the opposite of recommending a post? Sort of a "treat this post with the contempt that it deserves" button.

No .It is easier to post and admit being a snake oil salesman hanging around forums for peddling some wares like systems,methods and coaching methods and systems.:LOL:

The best automated system for forex is made up of 45 expert advisors .They work together as a portfolio of mechanical systems to survive most market conditions.They returned 25.6% from 2001 to 2006 , and 17.4 % from 2007 to 2010 ,after allowing slippage of 1 pip.This is based on $100k account and a drawdown of 10 %, by accepting higher risk of 20 % drawdown the profits can double to an average of 45 % per annum.It goes live again next month .On previous live runs ,it returned results similar to the above back tests.

The package survived the sterling crisis,the dollar crisis ,the euro crisis, the financial crisis and sovereign debt crisis.It is robust and of the highest quality.

It took 4 years and many rewrites and revamps of the entire system to complete, at a cost of $20,000 in programming fees,computers and expenses, plus the major cost of 10,000 man hours at $50 = $500,000 and the intellectual property coded of another $500,000,making a total cost of $1m.

It is not worth selling to little guys for $99 to $299,even Microsoft software costs more and does not generate income.

Attachments

• 44 systems.jpg
    44 systems.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 254
  • 2007 to 2010 60835.xls
    1.4 MB · Views: 255
  • combined 153886 2001 to 2006.xls
    1.7 MB · Views: 225
How much are you charging then?

The best automated system for forex is made up of 45 expert advisors .They work together as a portfolio of mechanical systems to survive most market conditions.They returned 25.6% from 2001 to 2006 , and 17.4 % from 2007 to 2010 ,after allowing slippage of 1 pip.This is based on $100k account and a drawdown of 10 %, by accepting higher risk of 20 % drawdown the profits can double to an average of 45 % per annum.It goes live again next month .On previous live runs ,it returned results similar to the above back tests.

The package survived the sterling crisis,the dollar crisis ,the euro crisis, the financial crisis and sovereign debt crisis.It is robust and of the highest quality.

It took 4 years and many rewrites and revamps of the entire system to complete, at a cost of $20,000 in programming fees,computers and expenses, plus the major cost of 10,000 man hours at $50 = $500,000 and the intellectual property coded of another $500,000,making a total cost of $1m.

It is not worth selling to little guys for $99 to $299,even Microsoft software costs more and does not generate income.

$50 an hour? Who are you employing? School Kids? No decent programmer would work for that.

Although I guess with your mighty leadership, even idiots could program "the best".

$50 an hour? Who are you employing? School Kids? No decent programmer would work for that.

Although I guess with your mighty leadership, even idiots could program "the best".

The programmer's cost of 80 euros per hour is included in the 20,000, the $50 per hour is development and testing time by me.It is an estimated time cost ,and excludes the intellectual property cost for my input.

The programmers spent 200 hours designing and coding 3 E A templates.I must say he is the best I have met.

Need to get out more :D

Go out or get more out of buyer?

A good automated system making 40 % a year consistently is priceless to somebody with $1bn , and who is making 3 % on treasuries.He could make $370m more every year,over ten years it is worth $3.7bn.The software is worth $3.7 bn.

I was referring more to the "he's the best I know" and "he's willing to work for 80 euros an hour"

A good automated system making 40 % a year consistently is priceless to somebody with $1bn , and who is making 3 % on treasuries.He could make $370m more every year,over ten years it is worth $3.7bn.The software is worth $3.7 bn.

Wow, you're, like, really good at arithmetic.

All credit to you, you've created some set of automated systems here, not sure why guys knock you for that...looks good.
Looks like a lot of effort, although as someone else said, $50 an hour is very cheap for a Software contractor, more like $100+ for the good guys, but hey he's completed it, although who's to say a $100/hour contractor couldn't have done it in 1/2 the time, and you'd have been up and running it making profit 2 years earlier...?

$3.7 billion?? ROFL. Here's how I see it:

Let's pick an arbitrary account size and use your math. Suppose after having been a failed trader I only have $40 left in my account. at 3% treasuries I be making $1.20./year. But at 40% using your automated system I'd have $16.00/year. So doing the math then I'd have $14.80/year more with your automated system. Over 10 years the software is worth $148.00!!

So...why purchase software for $148.00 that takes 10 years to recover my investment? If I'd like to recover my investment in 6 months I'd pay $7.40 for the software (assuming it WORKS, of course).

I hope my math is right :)
I was never good at algabranometry(??)

Peter

No system is infallible. Just look at LTCM

Every system has weaknesses,it is for the developer to know the weakness and improve the system to deal with weaknesses.

LTCM is not a good comparison,firstly LTCM was poor risk management system ,the risk reward ratio of LTCM was bad.Every trade in our system has a stop loss , it is mechanical/automated without human interference.Our maximum risk is 0.5 % to 1 % on open positions and pending orders.LTCM were a bunch of cxunts of trading, they were risking the house on trading.

Every system has weaknesses,it is for the developer to know the weakness and improve the system to deal with weaknesses.

LTCM is not a good comparison,firstly LTCM was poor risk management system ,the risk reward ratio of LTCM was bad.Every trade in our system has a stop loss , it is mechanical/automated without human interference.Our maximum risk is 0.5 % to 1 % on open positions and pending orders.LTCM were a bunch of cxunts of trading, they were risking the house on trading.

do you know what LTCM was?