Learning profitable automated trading

Right, so now we have 3 graphs, I suppose we can sort of stick them together mentally.

Do you have any idea what you are doing or what you are talking about?

Right, so now we have 3 graphs, I suppose we can sort of stick them together mentally.

Do you have any idea what you are doing or what you are talking about?

The left image is today's trades , middle is today's equity curve and far right is 4 month equity curve.

The real currency trader's don't care about low volatility markets.They don't trade or even think about trading in low volatility situation.

I really hope you learn something from the following quote.You can design automated systems to do it for you, but your problem is you want to trade 20 times a day every day.You can not make hay when the sun is not shinning.

Bill Lipschutz currency trader "Out of 250 trades in a year, it comes down to five, three of those will be wrong and you will lose a fortune and two will be right and you will make a fortune; for the other 245 trades-you should have been sitting on your hands."

My problem is I want to trade 20 times a day? Where did I say that?

My system gives me between 5 to 10 signals a month.

The real currency traders don't care about low volatility markets? What are you talking about??

Why do you even post on this website?

Maybe YOU can learn something from this quote.. "It's better to say nothing and have people think you are a fool, than to open your mouth and remove any possible chance of doubt"

: Dear Trader! My name is Rockerfeller .Only $99 for my software , the Rockerfeller E A.IT IS NOT A FRAUD.

What if you had a secret forex key that would unlock the back door to Forex? Get a complete Plug + Play Software that provides only highly profitable signals with simple charting arrows and tells you what will happen with prices in the near future.

There is one secret tool that will allow you to make big money in forex.
There is one thing, just one thing, that if you fall to do it, you've guaranteed yourself failure. The real key is being able to pick the winners and to outlast the losing trades. It's all about taking hard decisions when to trade, how to trades and how to exit your trade. Let the smart software think for you..

If You can count to 5... recognize a simple pattern and push a Button, you can make money!

If you're looking for a simple "fool-proof" method of consistently pulling money out of the market, then this post will be of vital importance to you...

It doesn't matter if you trade Forex, stocks, options, ETFs, futures or currencies, what I have to share with you will permanently transform the way you look at the market. Even if you are a beginning trader, you can...

I've developed what I believe is the most sophisticated (and easy to use) trading software ever made available to the public. Even if you are a beginner, it will take you only a couple of hours to master it.

I've tested all the major trading software that has been released in the last 15 years--a total of more than 100 different platforms. I've got a library of over 270 books on trading and investing. To say that I "eat, sleep, and drink" trading would be a gross understatement.

One thing you should know about me: I make my living from trading, not by
consulting or selling my software. Why do I tell you all of this?
Because I want you to know I'm NOT a self-proclaimed "guru." I'm a real, professional trader (just like you) who has racked up almost 30 years of "in the trenches" trading experience.

My name is Rockerfeller .I am a complete fraud and I design automated software , backed up by fraudulent performance statements , edited with photoshop.They are all lies.I only make money from selling software.

Can't believe Nick (who I know from reading his old forum, reefcap way back when) is recommending that all out trash from that total fraud Covel, who has nothing to do with the Turtles and never had any connection with any one of them, was selling freely made up rules, and couldn't trade his way out of a paper bag if his life depended on that !!!

Guy like that writing about trading is like me writing about becoming a pilot.

I could probably bluff my way through that, but it wouldn't really be an ideal manual for anyone really hoping to make a living from that and above all survive lol.

BSD

He may have found the holy grail and now wishes to sell services.

The argument is trader's must have a profitable system or method , and they must be a successful trader to devise profitable automated systems.If they were a successful trader they wouldn't need to devise automated systems.The same logic applies to selling services.

Good automated programs will teach traders a lot more more about trading, and testing will help traders become successful manual traders.This is better than taking coaching from educators , most of whom are losers who can't make a living from trading.Some traders become successful after learning from testing automated systems.

The old farts trying to sell mentor services would disagree , most of whom I know are failed traders.

O D T

The systems I designed worked very well in good economic climate with low to high volatility markets, this was at a time when trends lasted 1500 pips .The original systems are profitable and performed reasonably in 2008 to 2010 , producing 30% per annum in the two years.

I have now added multiple systems to cater for extreme volatility and longer bear /bull markets of 35 cents or 3500 pips.These produced profits in 2008 to 2010 and have made up for the lower performance of the original systems .

I now have a total of 50 EAS(automated programs) working simultaneously or 50 mechanical systems catering for all types of market conditions.

Can't believe Nick (who I know from reading his old forum, reefcap way back when) is recommending that all out trash from that total fraud Covel, who has nothing to do with the Turtles and never had any connection with any one of them, was selling freely made up rules, and couldn't trade his way out of a paper bag if his life depended on that !!!

Guy like that writing about trading is like me writing about becoming a pilot.

I could probably bluff my way through that, but it wouldn't really be an ideal manual for anyone really hoping to make a living from that and above all survive lol.

What's Covel's story and why is he a fraud?

The systems I designed worked very well in good economic climate with low to high volatility markets, this was at a time when trends lasted 1500 pips .The original systems are profitable and performed reasonably in 2008 to 2010 , producing 30% per annum in the two years.

I have now added multiple systems to cater for extreme volatility and longer bear /bull markets of 35 cents or 3500 pips.These produced profits in 2008 to 2010 and have made up for the lower performance of the original systems .

I now have a total of 50 EAS(automated programs) working simultaneously or 50 mechanical systems catering for all types of market conditions.

I don't get the point of this at all. You stated yourself that you first started trading live about 4 weeks ago and that you were trading using discretionary methods. You mentioned at the time that automated strategies don't work.

I don't get the point of this at all. You stated yourself that you first started trading live about 4 weeks ago and that you were trading using discretionary methods. You mentioned at the time that automated strategies don't work.

With ODT it's all talk, with very little evidence to back up his claims (apart from a few demo accounts). So take his posts with a pitch of salt.

Having said that, some of his words of wisdom are quite valid.

I never stated anything as such.I put the automated on hold until I solved the problems of profiting in current market condition and reducing drawdowns.The automated systems are still alive and kicking , and are traded separately by computers

In addition I am now manual day trading as a discretionary mercanary trader.

A portfolio of automated systems work, but single mechanical automated systems don't work .

I never stated anything as such.I put the automated on hold until I solved the problems of profiting in current market condition and reducing drawdowns.The automated systems are still alive and kicking , and are traded separately by computers

This is like saying - the moon is made of cheese, the moon is not made of cheese.

"I put the automated on hold" yet you are running 50 automated strategies.

Hmmmmmmm, you'll forgive me for wondering if you actually trade at all, ODT. Maybe you should rename yourself "oildaydemotrader"?

This is like saying - the moon is made of cheese, the moon is not made of cheese.

"I put the automated on hold" yet you are running 50 automated strategies.

Hmmmmmmm, you'll forgive me for wondering if you actually trade at all, ODT. Maybe you should rename yourself "oildaydemotrader"?

I did put them on hold , but just waiting for the testing results of the new high volatility extreme conditions EAS .Some of the tests have been done and results are very good.The rest will take a month.

I wouldn't recommend anyone start using live accounts with automated systems/eas, until they are absolutely ready to beat all market conditions.

34 strategies are ready to go back, just waiting for 16 from the extreme range of EAS.

Here is an image of 64 EAS without the 16 eas of the extreme range

Just give me time to show you the best portfolio of EAS.They take time to develop and test.

O D T

Attachments

• MEAN.jpg
    MEAN.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 178
Aaaaaaaahhhhhhh I see... when you say you have "50 automated programs working simultaneously" you mean you have.. er.. what..

You have identified 50 strategies that are profitable in backtesting? When you say your system was "profitable in 2008" you mean it made money in backtesting in 2008?

So you're not actually running ANY money on automated programs, you're still just testing.

Your language is incredibly confusing. This isn't politics here, it's trading. You are either trading REAL money with an automated system or you're not.

Your language is incredibly confusing. This isn't politics here, it's trading. You are either trading REAL money with an automated system or you're not.

You clearly don't understand the zen qualities of ODT's trading style... :cheesy:

It's just pure unmitigated drivel.

He is unable to make a clear statement as to whether or not he is running real money on automated trading.

He is making vague references to "50 systems" and needing to run a diversified set of automated systems for it to work. He will never have the capital to run 50 systems, so it's totally irrelevant.

ODT is just an out and out numpty.