ODL launch spread betting!

gle101 - we do have a predefined stop loss.
The Discover (limited risk) account offers a default stop at the minimum distance level (MDL) away from your opening trade - or you can override with a manual stop loss but it has to remain further away from the MDL.
The Explore (direct) account also offers a stop which will default but can be overridden and placed anywhere (except inside the current bid/offer)

0007 - understand that a demo account is useful - we do not have one at present but are looking at options.

If anyone is interested we have set up an ODL Markets thread to better manage questions etc

The Explore (direct) account also offers a stop which will default but can be overridden and placed anywhere (except inside the current bid/offer)
Thanks, this stop loss facility on the Explore account is very usefully indeed, and will be greatly appreciated by many traders.

Just for clarification, 'default but can be overridden' do you by this mean, that I in advance can set my own default stop loss level?

Just for clarification, 'default but can be overridden' do you by this mean, that I in advance can set my own default stop loss level?

gle101 the default is set by ODL Markets. at the moment there is no facility for clients to set their own default but could be something for the future.

Duncan

Thank you all for your constructive questions. Please keep them coming! It is probably worthwhile pointing out at this early stage that we will endeavour to answer questions as fast as possible. The most efficient method would appear to be for ODL Markets to collate all questions submitted by members and guests and answer them on a periodic basis (at least twice a week and hopefully more). As you can imagine there has been a flood of enquiries from many sources and we are conscious of the high expectations you have in terms of prompt responses. In the meantime you can always call 020 7903 6362 or visit the website Spread Betting ? Online Financial Spread Betting with ODL Markets for further information.

To keep the thread going please go to the 'ODL Markets' thread in the same section as this one.

Thanks,

Duncan

gle101 the default is set by ODL Markets. at the moment there is no facility for clients to set their own default but could be something for the future.

Duncan
Yes this facility all SB companies miss as an important platform facility (one or two excluded). For the Discover account I can understand a default stop loss level set by you, but not for the more advanced accounts. Your own stop loss level should be in place when you make trade, not afterwards manually amended. Please try to implement this facility as soon as possible.

Hi,
Just recently joined up. It's pretty good, but there are a couple of problems which I hope is teething problems. The platform locks me out after awhile. Got to close the browser and start all over again. I can imagine problems closing out position in a fast moving market. The other is I can't set up a trailing stop. That's a real nuisnace since as I can't let the profits run as I would like.

emess

Hi emess,
ODL now have their own thread if you would like to repost the above..
regards,
mustafa