Spread betting at FXCM

Thanks. This demo software does some strange things. Anyway, the definition is pretty clear.
http://help.fxcm.com/us/FXCM-Tradin...Trailing-Stops-and-Dynamic-Trailing-Stops.htm

However, I was a bit surprised to learn that the minimum trailing stop is 10 pips, which I was worried might affect my planned strategy; however, I can use the trailing dynamic stop, which seems to address my needs...I think..?

Hi Asimpleplan,

The Dynamic Trailing Stop automatically adjusts the price of your Stop Loss Order by 0.1 pips every time your trade moves 0.1 pips in your favor.

The Fixed Trailing Stop automatically adjusts the price of your Stop Loss Order by X pips every time your trade moves X pips in your favor, where X has a minimum value of 10.

Based on what you have described, it does seem as if the Dynamic Trailing Stop best suits your trading needs, but please let me know if you have further questions about this.

has anyone a broker who allows you to label trades such as "abc123 " etc. i run 5 strategies depending on timescale, levels etc and using different brokers is consuming margin

cheers

Please tell me more about how you would like this labeling of trades to work and how it could help your trading. Perhaps, I can offer you a solution.

Hi, I have an account with you. I just want to be able to annote a trade with a 6 digit reference with 3 letters and 3 numbers ideally, 1 letter and 3 numbers at worse

Thanks

Hi, I have an account with you. I just want to be able to annote a trade with a 6 digit reference with 3 letters and 3 numbers ideally, 1 letter and 3 numbers at worse

Thanks

While such a feature is not available on any of our platforms by default, I see no reason why you couldn't program such a feature or have it done for you by our Programming Services team. I'm curious though, how would this alphanumeric designation be different from the ticket numbers already used to identify trades?

I need much simpler reference for myself, rad449, fun556, bot006 and the like as I have 5 categories of trade depending on chart and time scale

Annotation of trades is a great idea for quick and easy identification, especially if you have 30-40 trades running on different strategies.

Does FXCM have a break even feature so when a trade hits a certain profit level the stop is automatically moved to break even?

Cant we add a default sl in fxcm android app ... Important feature .

Also - is there the ability to manually remove closed trades from the closed trades window. And the option to disable the automatic removal of trades at 10pm ?

Annotation of trades is a great idea for quick and easy identification, especially if you have 30-40 trades running on different strategies.

Another alternative is to run each strategy in a separate account. This is what I do. FXCM allows you to have multiple accounts. You can have them all joined under a single login or choose to log into each one separately. Either way, multiple accounts can be a great way to keep track of the performance of different strategies you are running.

Does FXCM have a break even feature so when a trade hits a certain profit level the stop is automatically moved to break even?

There are a several options. Two kinds of Trailing Stop orders are available by default on our Trading Station platform.

However, you may prefer one of the custom trailing stops available on FxCodeBase. One that may interest you in particular is called Stage Trailing Stop. It allows you to specify a stop price level for each stage as your trade progresses into profit. In your case you would only need two stages. The initial stage would be before your specified price level was reached, and the second stage would be afterwards.

And here's an article on DailyFX about how to install custom indicators and strategies on Trading Station.

Also - is there the ability to manually remove closed trades from the closed trades window. And the option to disable the automatic removal of trades at 10pm ?

The Closed Positions window will clear out any old trades (those closed prior to 5pm New York time/10pm London time which is the cutoff for each 24-hour trading session), whenever you log out. This setting on Trading Station cannot be changed.

To see these old trades, you can click on the Report button and pull up trades going as far back as when your account was first opened. You can even export the information from these reports to an Excel file and keep it open all the time. That way these trades can be there for you to see whenever you like, no matter how often you restart your Trading Station.

While it's not possible to manually remove trades closed in the current trading sesssion from appearing in the Closed Positions window, are you asking to help keep track of your different trading strategies? If so, using multiple accounts may work better as I describe in this earlier post: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/spread-betting-cfds/65334-spread-betting-fxcm-129.html#post2808118

Thanks for the responses Jason. Is it possible to run multiple accounts under the same pot of money or will I need to split my account money to do this?

Also, when I record my trades I note down the number of pips in the PL, I can see this in the list of closed trades in trading station but when I run a report it doesn't show the number of pips anymore, is there a way to get the pip count back into the report?

Thanks for the responses Jason. Is it possible to run multiple accounts under the same pot of money or will I need to split my account money to do this?

It's my pleasure, Signalcalc :)

If you have multiple accounts joined together under a single FXCM login, you will have to split the funds between them and make sure you leave adequate margin for the trades in each account. Separate account balances also helps you keep track of how each strategy is performing individually. That said, you can transfer funds between these accounts instantly via the MyFXCM.com website.

Last edited:
Also, when I record my trades I note down the number of pips in the PL, I can see this in the list of closed trades in trading station but when I run a report it doesn't show the number of pips anymore, is there a way to get the pip count back into the report?

Great question! The pip count is not available in reports by default. I have shared your feedback with our software developers to see if such a column can be added.

In the meantime, you can calculate the pip cost for yourself as follows. The report format defaults to HTML, but the menu lets you change the format to Excel. Choose that and when the report is generated you can add a new column for pip count. The new column value can be a function, specifically the difference between the open and close price for your trades.

Since you interested in tracking stats for your trades, you may also be interested in our Trading Analytics site which will provide you with stats for your FXCM accounts as shown below:

what-time-of-day-image.jpg

analytics-table-graphic.jpg

Last edited:
It's that time of year again :)

Normally, the forex market trades 24 hours a day, 5 days a week without interruption even for major holidays around the world, and FXCM provides live customer support 24 hours a day even on weekends and holidays.

However, Christmas and New Year's are the two exceptions. Here is a link to FXCM's holiday hours for trading and customer support during these holidays: http://bit.ly/2ih7xrW

For everyone celebrating Christmas, I wish you a happy one! Happy New Year to all!