Spread betting at FXCM

Here's a link to the November holiday trading hours for metals, indices and energy products: http://bit.ly/1MF8d2l

Forex trading hours remain unchanged.

Note that there will be 4 days of rollover interest earned or paid on all currency trades open on Tuesday, November 24th at 5pm New York Time (22:00 GMT).

You can view the complete holiday rollover interest schedule here: http://bit.ly/1OTyZK6

Hi Everyone,

I will be out of the office for the rest of the week for the Thanksgiving holiday here in the US and will respond to your forum posts when I return next week.

If you require immediate assistance, please contact our 24-hour live customer support team.

Forex trading hours remain unchanged for the Thanksgiving holiday, and the holiday trading hours for other products are listed in my previous post.

Happy Holidays From FXCM

The holidays are coming fast, so I want to make sure you are aware of our special forex trading hours for Christmas and New Year's:

Hg75etx.png

Click here for Holiday Trading Hours for metals, indices and energy products.
Click here for the Holiday Rollover Schedule.

Aside from Christmas and New Year's, FXCM's live customer support team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The Trading Desk opens Sundays between 22:00 and 22:15 GMT and closes Fridays at 21:55 GMT.

FXCM encourages you to review and update your account profile on an annual basis to ensure the information within your profile is accurate and up to date. To ensure accurate account information, please log in to MyFXCM.com with your live account log-in details and make any necessary changes under "Account Information."

Our service includes products that are traded on margin and carry a risk of losses in excess of your deposited funds. The products may not be suitable for all investors. Please ensure that you fully understand the risks involved.

I will be out of the office for the Christmas holiday and will reply to your posts and private messages when I return on December 30th. Our holiday hours are listed in my previous post. If you require immediate assistance, please contact our live customer support team: http://bit.ly/1ilO0qa

For all of you celebrating Christmas, I wish you a happy one!

Peace on Earth, Goodwill to All! :)

I just received the following heads up from DailyFX senior strategist David Rodriguez:

As a quick note, please be aware that rollover charges are especially elevated tonight [5pm New York time rollover] for the GBP, EUR, and JPY. It is near-identical to last year, when a sharp drop in available liquidity forced interbank Forward rates to deviate substantially from their typical spread to spot prices.

In short: strong demand for overnight lending in JPY, GBP, and EUR has been met with short supply, and pricing has surged accordingly.

See the article from last year for reference, while I’ve attached some Bloomberg screens from today for further illustration.

GBP/USD Rolls
Et3fpcs.gif

source: Bloomberg

EUR/USD Rolls
Gb2RXQt.gif

source: Bloomberg

USD/JPY Rolls
vvYt3zV.gif

source: Bloomberg​

I will be out of the office until January 4th and will reply to your posts and private messages when I return. Our New Year's holiday hours are listed in my post quoted below. If you require immediate assistance, please contact our live customer support team: http://bit.ly/1ilO0qa

I wish all of you a blessed and prosperous new year!

The holidays are coming fast, so I want to make sure you are aware of our special forex trading hours for Christmas and New Year's:

Hg75etx.png

Click here for Holiday Trading Hours for metals, indices and energy products.
Click here for the Holiday Rollover Schedule.

Aside from Christmas and New Year's, FXCM's live customer support team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The Trading Desk opens Sundays between 22:00 and 22:15 GMT and closes Fridays at 21:55 GMT.

FXCM encourages you to review and update your account profile on an annual basis to ensure the information within your profile is accurate and up to date. To ensure accurate account information, please log in to MyFXCM.com with your live account log-in details and make any necessary changes under "Account Information."

Our service includes products that are traded on margin and carry a risk of losses in excess of your deposited funds. The products may not be suitable for all investors. Please ensure that you fully understand the risks involved.

Update to Trading Station Desktop

Just a quick heads up: a new version of Trading Station Desktop is now available.

That means the next time you log into the platform after this weekend, it will automatically update you to the latest version. If don't want to wait, then you can install the new version now: http://download.fxcorporate.com/SB/SBFXTS2Install.EXE?cmp=70160000000MusRAAS

It was first released on 21 December 2015, so if you installed the platform after that date, then you already have the latest version.

New features include Stop-Limit orders, multiple Marketscope charting windows and the ability to save multiple logins. Please let me know if you have any questions about the update.

CNH rolls surge as China gets more aggressive in deterring speculation

DailyFX quantitative strategist David Rodriguez sent me the following alert this morning:

"overnight rollover charges in the USD/CNH have surged as the PBOC has unofficially made it substantially more expensive to hold CNH-short positions. This is consistent with their preference to defend the CNH against speculation, and theres no question that they're feeling the heat on the surge in the CNH vs CNY spread. (more on that here)"

image source: Bloomberg
pbPx1cw.jpg

Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results.

Trading Hours for Start of Daylight Savings Time in the US

Hi Everyone,

Daylight Savings Time will start in the US on Sunday, March 13th. That means the trading hours for stock indices, metals and energy products that follow US market times will shift by one hour starting next week. Below are the updated times.

stthxHB.png

Forex Trading Hours

In terms of New York Time, the trading desk will still open at 5pm on Sunday and close at 5pm on Friday as always. However, since New York Time will shift this weekend from GMT-5 to GMT-4, the trading desk hours will also shift by one hour in GMT terms. Starting next week, the trading desk will open at 21:00 GMT on Sunday and close at 21:00 GMT on Friday.​

A special note for all MT4 clients on our New York Close servers

The time zone on our New York Close MT4 servers will change this weekend from GMT+2 to GMT+3. In this way, midnight on your MT4 charts will stay in line with the 5pm New York Close. If you have any EAs or indicators that use a GMT offset, please update them to GMT+3 this weekend.​

Note: I will be out of the office for the rest of the week and will respond to your posts and private messages when I return.

Holiday Trading Hours for March

Below are the holiday trading hours for indices, metals and energy products for Good Friday and Easter. Forex trading hours remain unchanged, and you can view the holiday rollover interest schedule here: http://bit.ly/20Hpj6s

Times below are in GMT
sBH1CFh.png

Brexit: IN or OUT?

The Brexit referendum is the outcome of a policy initiative by the British Government to give citizens the chance to vote on whether Britain should remain a part of the European Union or whether the country should leave.

The referendum date has been set for 23rd June 2016 and following the European Union Referendum Act 2015 will put the following question to the electorate via a ballot:

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

The lead up to this vote is likely to cause volatility in the markets which could provide opportunities to traders as both outcomes will cause a certain amount of immediate uncertainty.

pie-chart.jpg

Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results.

If Britain decides to leave the EU, there will likely need to be a period of 2 years to be able to give notice along with a trade deal renegotiation and if Britain stays, there remains the question of the negotiated settlement and whether this could be overruled.

The DailyFX research team can help you to navigate the ongoing Brexit volatility in a unique series of webinars ending with a rally in the final week.

DqR2bws.png

What would a Brexit mean for the UK economy, assessing both the short and long term impacts? How will the decision affect traders across multiple markets? How will the Pound react? To hear their insights and analyses on the impact of this vote, you can sign up for the free webinar series on the FXCM UK website.

I will be out of the office from now until Tuesday, May 24th and will respond to your posts and private messages when I return.

Beta Test FXCM's New Web-based Platform!

Hi Everyone,

We're currently developing a new trading platform, and I invite you to join our beta testing group.

While this new platform offers charting and trading functionality on par with Trading Station Desktop, it's web-based. That means it requires no downloading and works on all computers including Macs to offer you convenience and greater accessibility with many bells and whistles. For example, we're integrating unique features into the platform like our economic calendar, videos, and news feeds with more to come!

WE WANT YOUR FEEDBACK! Tell us what you want in the platform as part of your everyday trading experience. Gathering valuable feedback on your initial reaction and level of satisfaction for the platform will help us identify areas that need improvement.

Beta testing the platform is easy.

1. Log in using your existing account credentials at https://www-beta.fxcorporate.com/
  2. Use the platform as you normally would. NOTE: Beta testing is only available on demo accounts.
  3. Make the platform "your own". Move things around, use any features you want, etc.
  4. Provide your feedback, suggestions, bugs or errors via email to [email protected]

We're very excited about this platform and look forward to your feedback and comments.

In appreciation for your time, we'll give you $300 free credit to spend in the FXCM App Store. Once we receive your feedback, we'll send you a promotional code to use at FXCMapps.com. It's that simple. :)

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Jason

FXCM Updates Margin Requirements Post British Referendum

We have begun to reduce margin requirements on select instruments back to pre-British referendum levels and will continue to do so gradually based on market conditions.

For the most up-to-date margin requirements that apply to your account, please look at the minimum margin requirement (MMR) column of the Simple Dealing Rates window on your Trading Station. If you use Mirror Trader, MT4 or NinjaTrader, your account login details will give you access to all three versions of Trading Station (desktop, web and mobile) to check your MMR.

8HjTWy0.png

Your exact MMR will depend on your trading entity (FXCM UK, US or Australia), account denomination (GBP, USD, AUD, etc.) and whether you have a Mini or Standard account. The screenshot above is from a Standard British pound-denominated FXCM UK spread betting account. The MMR for GBP/USD is 10.00, which means I have to set aside £10 as used margin (Usd Mr) for each micro lot (1K) position I have open.

Carefully consider how margin changes may impact your open positions and resting orders.

Please Note: In case market conditions become very volatile, we could raise margin requirements further. Please monitor your usable margin (Usbl Mr) closely, making sure it stays above zero. We recommend a usable margin that's at least 80% of your account equity (usable margin plus used margin).

Remember that forex trading can result in losses that could exceed your deposited funds and therefore may not be suitable for everyone, so please ensure that you fully understand the risks involved.

Please note there is a holiday in the US on Monday, July 4th for Independence Day.

I will be out of the office until Tuesday, July 5th and will respond to your forum posts and private messages when I return.

Have a great weekend!

Question about dynamic trailing stops

Hi, I'm currently trialling the FXCM software (Marketscope 2.0).

When I open a position with a trailing dynamic stop a few pips above/below, the trailing stop doesn't appear to move while the position is LIVE.

Is this normal for trading software? Obviously it'd be better to see it all happening when live.

Hi, I'm currently trialling the FXCM software (Marketscope 2.0).

When I open a position with a trailing dynamic stop a few pips above/below, the trailing stop doesn't appear to move while the position is LIVE.

Is this normal for trading software? Obviously it'd be better to see it all happening when live.

A trailing stop only kicks in after price has moved by your preset minimum price movement. Check the settings on your order ticket.

Last edited:
has anyone a broker who allows you to label trades such as "abc123 " etc. i run 5 strategies depending on timescale, levels etc and using different brokers is consuming margin

cheers