ODL Markets

what do you expect they`ve already cashed in and dont give a duck anymore :)

No I don't think so, developing a new platform and building up a client base for their SB outfit cost a lot of money.

then they have lots of problems and no money to solve them?

but you`re right its good to check where all the complaints come from: maybe some cultural diffrences (US-UK) ?
I think they targeting larger customers in general

Last edited:
I think you have to make up your mind.:) Yes one has to check up all the factc very carefully. The best thing is to try them out yourself.

Some people try to learn from other people mistakes, it costs less. I have had technical problems with ODL about which I ve mentioned on this forum already, read carefully :)

Some people try to learn from other people mistakes, it costs less. I have had technical problems with ODL about which I ve mentioned on this forum already, read carefully :)
Sorry, didn't know you were trading live with them. Well then you have first hand experience they have some technical problems. I do not trade with ODL myself, so I can't actually tell. They have been in the financial business for quite a while, and know what is to be expected by them. They are probably working on the problem. As I said it before, it would be good for their representative to come onboard, it can't make any harm as I see it.

What is not good is that ODL's representative on this forum seems to be in hiding. After a very good start he/she just vanish from the forum. This is definitely not a healthy way of promoting your company or building up a client base.[/QUOTE]

GLE its not that people are hiding its because the management team for Spread Betting has left ODL. If they were there i am sure there would have been some input.

What is not good is that ODL's representative on this forum seems to be in hiding. After a very good start he/she just vanish from the forum. This is definitely not a healthy way of promoting your company or building up a client base.
Sorry, wrong input.

GLE its not that people are hiding its because the management team for Spread Betting has left ODL. If they were there i am sure there would have been some input.
They surely must have some other people responsable for marketing. I presume the site is still up and running. Technical problems is to be expected during the first year of launching the platform. I know CS for example, have had technical problems for years.

Tried ODL again. Platform wouldn't work at all with IE8 and was impossibly slow with Chrome. Anyone still using them?

If anyone here has an account, why not fund it with £250, make a trade and get a free ipod.

Im still waiting for mine, it might arrive next year if im lucky!

Tried ODL again. Platform wouldn't work at all with IE8 and was impossibly slow with Chrome. Anyone still using them?

I took my money out a couple of weeks back. Let's face it, trading is tough enough without having to contend with a platform that doesn't even work properly.

An analogy would be buying a car, and finding out that there's a known issue with the steering locking up, and then contacting the manufacturer to be told, "Ah, we're trying to fix it, but it's really complicated. If it happens, simply turn off the ignition and restart. If you suffer a horrible accident because of it we are, or course, in way no liable. In the meantime we will continue to sell the car."

An analogy would be buying a car, and finding out that there's a known issue with the steering locking up, and then contacting the manufacturer to be told, "Ah, we're trying to fix it, but it's really complicated. If it happens, simply turn off the ignition and restart. If you suffer a horrible accident because of it we are, or course, in way no liable. In the meantime we will continue to sell the car."

That's exactly what Microsoft has been doing with Windows for twenty years, so ODL should go far.:D