New pairs for BIG PIPS

Mr. Crabs

Established member
GBP / AUD , short in the very short term, buy after for 2-96 hour hold.

EUR / GBP , buy in the very near term, short after correction for 5-60 hour hold.

EUR / TRY short for a 1-3 day hold. :clover:

Last edited:
Still scalping on the contrary side piling on unrealized losses waiting for the trend to realize.

GBP / AUD entry opened, looks like profit taking dipped it. GBP fundamentally still looking strong.

GBP / AUD 15 pip bounce since I posted good entry 10 minutes ago. Moved up real quick, expecting profit taking although this bounce was clean enough that the bulls might have to catch up and that could provide more than adequate support to burn shorts.

EUR / TRY tanked a bit, banking on a Euro correction after the recent over extension and since the spread on the TRY doesn't make buying appealing at all so I expect the trend to continue.

The EUR / GBP on the other hand is consolidating amid heavy selling this past hour while the GBP / AUD looks to be loading up for a clean bounce quite plainly.

I know all these simple presumptions seem pretty ludicrous considering the forex is the largest and most complex market in the world but I keep an intuitive approach to the currency markets.

Although I make these threads to find insight from others I mostly do it for myself just to keep the big picture in mind.

EUR / GBP pulled off what looks to be an even sloppier bounce than the last, looks like a head and shoulders pattern.

If I were trading spot this morning on a small timeframe, I’d take any combination at the extremes of the above table. Anything contra that I’d need confirmation/re-test. There’s the BoE inflation report at 09:30, ECB 3-yr LTRO at 11:00 (if you’re a fan of fiction, it’s normally good reading) and of course NFP at 13:30. All times UTC. Keeping all that in mind, aud, jpy and usd this morning are possibly the better options, but NFP Friday is often flat in the spots in the morning and technically skewed (screwed?) after.