Money You've lost and Made in One Day?

think 90,000 is the biggest hit ive taken in a day, swing trade gone wrong!

biggest day trade gain then loss was 40,000

Done +10k - taken profit and then gone for reversal and lost the £10k all within a day. Also had a £17k position within 10 pips of being 0 before returning to £20k - that was within 2 hrs I believe.

wasn't trading as such, but worst 'result" was backing a 33 to 1 winner only to lose the winnings by doubling up on a "sure thing" - backing the odds-on university boat race team that sank :-(

worst of all, I would probably have been riding the 33 to 1 winner if I hadn't broken a toe a week earlier on the gallops

+2900 Long eurusd in March '09,

-4400 short ES on a bad trade where I doubled up on a short, got distracted by a phone call and completely forgot about the trade. OUCH.

Peter

Lost $4,000 in an hour trying to catch a falling knife when I bought Facebook shares as they dropped on their Opening Day. Haven't traded them since and was glad I had a tight stop.

I'd cry if I lost some of the amounts you lot have. The most I've lost in 1 day is just under £200 and I was gutted, I'm an incredibly tight git when it comes to money. The most I've gained in 1 day is also about £200.

I'd cry if I lost some of the amounts you lot have. The most I've lost in 1 day is just under £200 and I was gutted, I'm an incredibly tight git when it comes to money. The most I've gained in 1 day is also about £200.

I, Nicholas Leeson have lost 50 million quid, in one daaaaay!

Get the Leftfield on.

Wouldn't believe most of the figures posted in this thread if I were you.

Um

Most i've lost is £12
Most i've gained is £25

I trade in much smaller amounts than you guys

My robot made me almost 260EUR last week, that was the great week:)
This should be an interesting thread, what's the most money you've made online in one day??

Hi.. I m wondering most money you have made and loose one day.

Money loose

Pair:
Amount:
Method:
Date:

Money made

Pair:
Amount:
Method:
Date:

Mine is

Money loose

Pair: GBP/AUD (180K), EUR/AUD (90K)
Amount: 25000
Method: shorting against trend (buying aud) worst day in my life first two pairs moved more than 1000 pips against me and my account wiped out completely (lesson for those who dont put stop loss) with in 2 hours my account was 1000$ :(
Date: October 2008

Money made

Pair: EUR/GBP (100K), GBP/CHF (120K)
Amount: 6200$
Method: buying gbp against
Date: Jan 2009

I always concentrate on small target once upon time i accedently make 300+ dollar in just a one and half day at that time i foreget to close the position and turn off my trading terminal and next day when i go to terminal i was amazed that the position that i forget to close make 300 plus in profit.:clap:(y)