my journal 3

Yann Tiersen - Summer 78 (instrumental)

In the meanwhile I've made my second cake with... blueberries is what they seem to be called in English. Which must also be my twentieth cake in total, or more. I've made one cake per day for the last 3 weeks. In a few cases even 2 cakes in one day.

Always mixing in the fruit mixer:
2 eggs
40 grams of sugar (yes, just 2 spoons)
200 of ricotta
200 of flour, previously mixed with 1 packet of yeast

Then I added the blueberries and I mixed with a spoon.

It seems that blueberries taste much better than chocolate chips, on top of being much healthier.

I just turned off the oven.

My latest feat is trying to keep the cake inflated after turning off the oven, because it usually shrinks by almost 50%. Nonetheless I am pretty happy that the days of rubber cakes are over. They all rise now. I haven't made a rubber cake in weeks. It's because you can't add shakes of fruits, and can't mess with corn flour either.

Adding cornmeal to a cake recipe without knowing its implications is like tampering with my systems: you turn a profitable recipe into an unprofitable mess.

In many ways learning a recipe for a cake is like learning a recipe for trading profit. You can't change more than one ingredient at once, or you won't know what the outcome is due to.

Today I am trying to isolate this deflation factor. I left the cake in the oven, opened the oven, and I will keep it there until they'll both be cold. If it still deflates, then it'll mean that this method doesn't work. Maybe I'll have to accept a cake deflation.

I just checked again, and it's already 20 minutes after turning off the oven.

It is still too hot to be touched. The cake is still almost as inflated as it was at the start: maybe it lost only 10%.

If it stays like this, I will be satisfied, and will always follow this method, although no one mentions such a method as mine, here for example:
http://www.pricescope.com/forum/fam...when-i-take-them-out-of-the-oven-t135575.html

In other words, my method is simply to turn off the oven immediately (after 30 minutes of cooking at 160 Celsius degrees), pulling the cake to the edge of the oven and then letting it rest there until both the oven and the cake are cold. If possible, after opening the window so it gets cold faster.

Then comes my mom, retarded as usual, who was the first one to suggest to leave it in the oven for a while, and now she says to be careful that it will dry out. Too bad that, being retarded, if you let her cook, she'll prove incapable of following a specific recipe more than one time. If it works, she forgets it and doesn't even try to repeat it, because she thinks it is good to keep trying new things. The retarded lady. I could never rely on her for advice, in any field.

So, recapitulating. If something works, whether in life or in cooking, she doesn't repeat it. And if it fails badly, she doesn't even make sure to remember that it failed so she can avoid repeating it.

She just has no memory of the past and keeps repeating the same day over and over again. Not like someone who has amnesia. More like the average idiot does, which is about 90% of the population.

What is the smart way of doing things instead?

In trading systems like in cooking, the smart way is to follow a check list, like a robot.

1. get the oven started
2. put the ingredients on the table...

On and on, always the same exact thing. And changing one thing at a time if you wish to try something new. And not moving on to a new recipe until you figured out the previous one.

Instead she keeps on moving from one recipe to the next, making mistakes each time. And if miraculously something is good, she doesn't even write down what it was. If she does write something down, it is on a piece of paper that she will lose. This is idiots for you. The same all over the world.

Another characteristic of these people is that they never place things in the same place. I have the same place for everything in my room. They are always looking for their glasses or keys, or wallet, because each time they place them in a different spot. Idiots. I can't believe I am unable to rise in this world, a world so crowded with idiots. I guess I must be an idiot as well, in some other ways. Or maybe I am too good-hearted.

Ella Fitzgerald - Sunny

For example, my dad is close to being a genius, but then again, he married my mom, because he found her beautiful, which she is, but that's a stupid behavior, marrying someone just because they look good. Indeed, after marrying her, he spent his whole life blaming her and making her feel bad for how stupid she is. So that doesn't make any sense to me.

My mom's principle in life is to save money, but not really scientifically. Just cents and dollars. Doesn't worry about the thousands, too complex. She throws those away.

Doesn't worry about things right. Only worries about not throwing things away.

She's so retarded that she adds water to all liquid soaps she buys, which only makes you waste more soap.

She's so retarded that when she uses a dish, she always ends up using dishes that are too small, because she even saves on the size of the dishes she uses.

All right, enough complaining.

We're all different animals. My complaining is like expecting a dog to fly and a bird to swim.

...speaking of which, when I am at my island, I often see birds swimming, we call them "cormorani". It's this guy here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Shag
The European Shag is one of the deepest divers among the cormorant family. Using depth gauges, European Shags have been shown to dive to at least 45 metres. European Shags are preponderantly benthic feeders, i.e. they find their prey on the sea bottom. They will eat a wide range of fish but their commonest prey is the sand eel. Shags will travel many kilometres from their roosting sites in order to feed.

So this guy can fly, swim, walk.

flying.jpg

diving.jpg

walking.jpg

It worked. The cake is still inflated, having deflated only 10%. I'll keep using my method (until it will prove to not work, because the cause might be another one).

Last edited:
In certain environments, there's the law of the jungle, where physical strength is what counts. In other situations and environments, there's justice, fairness, education. The lower you go in income, the more it's the law of the jungle, as a rule (not always). In my opinion.

Being in Trastevere (a neighborhood in Rome), I am finding out that the way people treat you is very different and it seems to be linked to people's average income. Or it could be related to other causes, but right now I am noticing that people here are much more aggressive and less respectful.

Obviously I am speaking about those cases of rude people who don't see me as a threat. Obviously if there's a 90 year old lady on a wheelchair, she's not going to be aggressive towards me. I am talking about people being aggressive whereas similar people (but who have a different background) would not be aggressive in another neighborhood.

I wrote about this before, or at least something related. Here:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trading-journals/140032-my-journal-3-post2201932.html

http://imusic.am/artist/8217/56825

Last edited:
Crazy.

They disabled my facebook account, because they say I am not the real Travis Bickle:

Snap2.jpg

Now, to reactivate it, they're asking for a passport or similar showing that my real name is Travis Bickle:

Snap1.jpg

I was an idiot for creating a whole bunch of categorized contact lists under a name that is clearly from a movie. I should have picked a real name, and I never would have gotten caught. What a moron. Facebook is mostly a waste of time, and if i wanted I could get back on it, but the problem is that I will lose all my lists, no matter what I do. So I'll stay off Facebook, but I am sad that I lost my lists.

Hi Mr Bickle,
I once asked my bank if they would change the name on my current account to Tharg the Almighty, but they said the same thing.

Facebook is only concerned with the value of their membership list which is correlated to the number of accounts which are considered to be real people. That's why they have this campaign to clear out fake names.

What you could do to save your lists is to suggest to Facebook that they allow you to keep your Travis Bickle page, but convert it to a fan page for Travis Bickle or Robert Deniro etc., and to make it worth their while, offer to open a facebook account in your real name in return.

Hope that helps, if you have the appetite for dealing with them.

Thanks for the advice. I'll think about it. I tried actually to do what you're suggesting, but the only way they'll accept communicating with me is if I start out by giving them my real name. So I guess I don't have the appetite for dealing with this.

Speaking of appetite. I have just put in the oven my latest cake: one spoon of sugar, and baking soda instead of yeast. I read up on it, and I hoping the yogurt I used (instead of 250 grams of ricotta, I used 125 grams of yogurt) will react with the baking soda:
3 Ways to Activate Baking Soda - wikiHow
Make sure your recipe calls for baking soda rather than baking powder. Baking soda is a mix of baking soda with an acidic substance. Baking soda is an essential leavening agent for recipes that call for an acid, such as buttermilk, vinegar, sour cream, yogurt, lemon or orange juice, cocoa, chocolate, honey, maple syrup, fruit, molasses or brown sugar.

I don't think I used enough flour today. Also, if it doesn't work, tomorrow I'll add the lemon, a spoonful of it.

Some say lemon is the best thing for making baking soda produce the air that makes the cake rise.

Actually, believe it or not, at my first try, the cake is rising, with the reaction of baking soda and yogurt alone. I am a god. I am the cake god. After just 3 weeks of baking cakes, I have made a cake with just 1 spoon of sugar, instead of the 30 spoons I started with (they recommended 300 grams! And now I am using 20 grams, thanks to having added bananas and blueberries), and no yeast.

I guess I am going back to the origins. I used to see Solvay all the time when I was trading the Bel-20 options in 1997, and now I am using Solvay's baking soda.

Last edited:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erich_Priebke#Death
Priebke died in Rome on 11 October 2013 at the age of 100, from natural causes.[14] His last request was to have his remains returned to Argentina to be buried alongside his wife was refused by the Argentinian government. The Vatican issued an "unprecedented ban" on holding the funeral in any Catholic church in Rome.[15] The Society of St Pius X, a Catholic splinter group, offered to hold the ceremony in the city of Albano Laziale.[16] Don Florian Abrahamowicz, an ex-SSPX priest and of Jewish origin, told Italy's Radio 24: "Priebke was a friend of mine, a Christian, a faithful soldier."[15] During the funeral service, violent clashes broke out between fascist sympathizers and anti-fascist protesters.[15][17] The ceremony did take place according to the SSPX, albeit without the presence of any relative.

Last edited:

excellent video

Another similar video:

Anyway, Audrey Tautou is one amazing actress, especially for the excellent movies she's been choosing along the years. Each of them is worth watching. All unpredictable.

This is the one I am watching now:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1828995/?ref_=ttloc_loc_tt

I was expecting nothing of it, and instead it is excellent. It seemed very boring, and instead I can't stop watching it. I don't know what is good about it, maybe the biggest thing is that it turned out to be unpredictable.

She's not that pretty either. It's just that she plays interesting characters in every movie, although in a way they're repetitive, yet not the typical "typecast" situation. All these plots have in common is that they're unpredictable.

Mostly French movies, mostly tiring to watch, but all worth watching. French movies are tiring for some reason. They're well-made, but they require more effort from the audience.

Actually last night, just before going to bed, I wrote myself a note to remind myself to lower the rating of Delicacy (the movie I watched yesterday, which I was talking about here in this post) on my list of favorite movies. It will go from a ranking of 9 to a ranking of 10. It is a well-told story, and an unpredictable one, but it is still a story not worth telling. The point of that well-made movie doesn't amount to anything and in some ways it seems like a bad imitation of Amélie, yet by a different director, so it is not justified in any way.

Last edited:
Today big day. I will try my first cake without any sugar at all. I am not worried about whether the cake will be sweet enough, because I'll put a whole banana in it. But I wonder if the batter will mix and rise properly without sugar.

Instead I am giving up on baking soda. Cakes just don't rise enough. They rise half as much as with regular yeast. Furthermore, no matter how well you grind it and pulverize it, some of the baking soda is left in the cake without reacting, and it keeps reacting as you eat it and digest it. Eating my cakes with baking soda has been close to drinking Coca-Cola. It was a worthwhile experience but it's just not worth it to keep going this way.

Last edited:
Pretty odd day today. In the markets.

Not the usual correlations at all. They haven't been there in a while anyway.

Gold and Silver were going up, but also all the currencies against the dollars were going up, and so were the stock indexes, and so were the Bund and the US treasuries.

I am now going to watch yet another Audrey Tautou movie. The cake is postponed till tomorrow.

And the French movie was cancelled as well, because it started out, this crap movie titled Thérèse Desqueyroux, this crap started out with a bird getting shot down by one of the protagonists. So screw this movie. You can bore me, you can tire me, but don't kill any goddamn birds to make a movie. I disapprove of this. You can shoot yourself in the foot, but leave others alone. You can't make a move thanks to the suffering you bring to others. Screw this director. Who is this guy?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claude_Miller

Screw his movies.

how many accounts does IB have and how profitable?

http://forexmagnates.com/exclusive-q2-2013-us-forex-profitability-report-35-of-retail-clients-gain/

q2-profitability1.png

More interesting files from IB:
View attachment how_many_accounts_2011.pdf
View attachment how_many_accounts_2013.pdf

It says 50k accounts in 2011 and only 22k accounts in 2013. It makes me wonder if the number of the accounts is decreasing... or if they're now counting them differently. Yet in both .pdf files they're defined as "INTERACTIVE BROKERS RETAIL CUSTOMER FOREX ACCOUNTS". Very odd.

And on wikipedia, they say:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interactive_Brokers#Statistics
According to the 1st qtr 2010 report, IB states that they have 140,000 customer accounts and over $16.7 billion in client assets.

Of course this "account" definition is different from just "retail customer forex accounts". Yet those two above were the same definition and with decreasing numbers.

Last edited:
I am switching from cakes to muffins

My latest cake came out excellent, but I can't really translate everything that I did in the kitchen, although it only took 10 me minutes. It was my tenth or twelfth cake or so.

All right, I'll try to tell you what I did. I used the fruit mixer, if that's what it's called. I usually use it for fruit shakes and so on, but it worked for the cake, too.

First I threw in the mixer two eggs, both yolk and white, if that's the correct term. Then I added 80 grams of sugar and started mixing, at a low speed.

Then I added 200 grams of ricotta.

... kept mixing...

Then I added the wheat flour ("Farina 00" is what they call it here in Italy), 170 grams of it, but before adding it, I had already mixed it with the yeast. Mind you, I added it a little at a time, while mixing.

Then, after less than 5 minutes of mixing in the flour, I poured the batter on what I cannot translate but it's basically a... it looks like this:

View attachment 166974

To be exact, it is called a "disposable panettone mold":
Panettone Mold Disposable Bakeware - BakeDeco.Com

And it is made out of waxed paper or similar, but basically it does not burn in the oven, which is beautiful.

All in all it took me 10 minutes to mix, and another 30 minutes to bake at about 160 Celsius degrees.

Before putting it in the oven, I added chocolate chips: a product called "Gocce", ("drops") by Perugina. I made sure to mix them in the batter, because the batter was so dense that they weren't going to sink, and it's happened before, so now I mix them, and at the end I add some on the top, just in case the others fell through the cake, to the bottom. But this time they didn't.

What I would call this cake is "ricotta cake with chocolate chips".

Oh, I had forgotten that I had a picture of it. Here it is:

View attachment 166978

I am going to switch from cakes to muffins. Much much better and more effective as far as experimenting:

ADVANTAGES OF MUFFINS OVER CAKE
Much better rising and cooking
Easier to find disposable molds, and cheaper
You can do tests with just 1 egg and similar for the other ingredients
You can diversify your individual 1-egg experiment into 3 muffin/experiments as far as the last ingredient (chocolate chips/bananas/apples/blueberries)

Wow, hmm, my muffins are so good. I am through with cakes. The muffins taste so much better, the rising is better, everything is better. And removing the disposable mold is easier, too.

Oh, and another thing is that ricotta produces a much better batter than yogurt. I am through with yogurt, too.

Here's one of the ricotta muffins I made today:

foto.JPG

This is the comparison between a ricotta muffin (left) and a yogurt muffin (right):

ricotta_vs_yogurt.jpg

The other ingredients are the same exact ones. Baking time 30 minutes for ricotta vs 25 minutes for yogurt. But that's not what made the difference. The yogurt muffins are elastic, humid, too humid, rubber, sneakers-like texture. You can't break them, because they bend. They are just bad. No more yogurt in my recipes.

http://imusic.am/artist/10051/289729

http://imusic.am/artist/17080/244359

Last edited:
Interactive Brokers

I got that "communique" as well.

What I want to know is what the bit about new commissions means:

• New tier (for over USD 5,000,000,000): 0.08 basis point 1 * Trade Value 2 with minimum of USD 1.00 or equivalent

Surely they are not talking account size of $5 trillion, right? Then it can only be trade size, but who trades lots of 5 trillion? That is 50 thousand times what I trade. Haha. How many of their accounts are that big? Nice commission though.

Right, I see your point, but I never worry about their little changes, because it would implicate endless checking and double-checking of things. They're changing things (margins, commissions, software, etc.) every week if not several times a week.

Excellent work as usual by Corbett:

Latest recipe for ricotta muffins with fruits

Ingredients for 3 muffins

Mix in fruit mixer as you gradually add:

1 egg
1 spoon of sugar (20 grams)
100 grams of ricotta
100 grams of flour

pour batter into bowl and mix with chosen fruits (banana, blueberries, apple, or chocolate chips, too)

put in oven at 160 Celsius degrees and keep for 25 minutes

take out and put on table, on a straw fabric or something to let muffins dry on bottom

I am kind of frustrated though. Not the neighbors this time, but my parents. My father in particular. He's... I should not complain about the usual things. Let's just say it's the usual reasons of not giving me any positive feedback, just ridiculing me (as he does with everyone else) or criticism. There's just some people, hardened by life, who have grown into negative sarcastic people that it's not fun to be around. We all know such people -- except that some of us happen to have them as parents, and we just complain about them, throughout our lives. It seems impossible to get over it.

http://imusic.am/artist/8217/302598

Of course, I should mention that avoiding them works wonders. But you never give up on the hope of having a pleasant relationship with your parents. You always feel like giving them yet another chance, and that sets you up for yet another disappointment. I guess... I should feel allowed by now to give up and stop hoping. No anger, just avoidance. Let us accept that he'll always be negative, unpleasant, and a discouraging person to be around.

Last edited:
After about 30 days of daily baking (today I made 8 more muffins), I can say that the hardest part of baking is the rising(leavening). The fact that muffins are so much easier than cakes tells us that rising has much to do with enabling heat to reach all parts of the batter. In other words, the smaller the cake, the better the cooking and the rising.

Here's my latest muffins:

8_muffins.jpg

Last edited:
http://imusic.am/artist/9715/197219

As far as the fruits to add to muffins, this is what I've learned so far, after just 14 muffins:

Best fruit candidates from best to worst

Apples
Add as many as possible, because they shrink while the batter greatly increases - if you put these you only need 20 grams of sugar per 100 grams of flour

Blueberries
Unlike for apples, these actually increase and break while being cooked, so limit their quantity - if you put these, beware that 20 grams sugar per 100 grams of flour might not be sweet enough

Bananas
No problem with the leavening process, but not as sweet as you'd expect and they don't mix too well with the taste of the muffin.

As a rule, the leavening of muffins is so solid and strong and efficient (thanks to their reduced size) that neither bananas nor other fruits can hurt their rising in the oven, which is almost entirely finished after just 5 minutes.

http://imusic.am/artist/5503/32873

I will now focus on adding a second ingredient, or third, if we count ricotta as the first, and apples as the second one. I am not going to buy any more blueberries, because I've just ruled that apples are the best.

http://imusic.am/artist/12523/194533

No point in working harder than necessary. Apples are better, cheaper, healthier (because I can peel them, which I cannot do with blueberries, so if they're treated I am screwed).

Recapitulating, the recipe for 9 muffins is as follows:

Mix in fruit mixer as you gradually add:

2 eggs
2 spoons of sugar (40 grams)
200 grams of ricotta
200 grams of flour (already mixed with 1 pack of yeast)

pour batter into bowl and mix with as many bits of apples as possible

put in oven at 160 Celsius degrees and keep for 25 minutes

take out and put on table, on a straw fabric or something to let muffins dry on bottom

http://imusic.am/artist/9999/357766

Now I will need to work on adding one more ingredient.

http://imusic.am/artist/1213/118657

I am going to use nuts, but I don't know yet which nuts. I will try all the nuts, 9 different types, with a different one in each of the 9 muffins.

http://imusic.am/artist/5069/13663

These are my 9 nuts candidates, which will all be partially ground in the fruit mixer, but not pulverized :

1. bitter almonds
2. hazelnuts
3. hemp seeds (don't grind them)
4. pine nuts
5. pistachio nuts
6. walnuts
I ran out of ideas, let's look here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_snack_foods#Seeds.2C_nuts.2C_grains_and_legumes
7. weetabix
8. corn flakes
9. brazil nuts

By the way, now that I can test things with just 1 egg, I will also try using that corn flour that I have and that used to kill the leavening of all my cakes. Let's see how it tests with muffins.

http://imusic.am/artist/10051/289728

I can't wait to get more ricotta and try muffins with just corn flour in the recipe. I wonder if it will rise.

Last edited:
All Wars Are Bankers' Wars
Written and spoken by Michael Rivero.

very well written and read - it flows very quickly and effortlessly

Last edited:
Yeah, I am going to have to cancel my plan to bake seeds in my muffins. This is just one of the many articles that say that their nutrition value changes when baked:
The danger of baking with flax seeds | Sondi Bruner

I had the feeling from the start that baking was not a healthy choice, being a raw vegan. You can test your limits and try to use as little sugar as possible, and as little harmful ingredients as possible, but it still will not be as healthy as a raw vegan diet. There is no way this is ever going to happen.

So you can cook for fun, you can eat what you cook for pleasure, but don't expect to turn your muffins into a precious source of nutrition.

Neither the seeds nor the fruits you use in your muffins will preserve their original nutritional value.

So I am cancelling that experiment with many of the nuts and only keeping those that probably taste good, since I am clearly not after nutritional value when I am baking muffins -- I am going to keep only those that will probably make my muffins taste better:

1. bitter almonds
2. hazelnuts
3. hemp seeds (don't grind them)
4. pine nuts
5. pistachio nuts
6. walnuts
7. weetabix
8. corn flakes
9. brazil nuts

Ok, that was pretty simple. I will make my next muffins with a mix of bananas, apples and walnuts. Nothing else. I am positive that they'll taste good.

You see, although bananas by themselves don't add much sweetness and don't mix too well in the batter, overall, blend very well with apples. Plus they're very easy to cut, and they add some moistness and softness to the cakes.

Last edited:

Minute 0 to 13 of The Secret of Oz:

The Secret of Oz is for fiat money controlled directly by the government, whereas Mike Maloney and all the other gold bugs are for Gold/Silver backed money (controlled directly by the government). The present monetary system is for Debt-based Fiat money that the government borrows from banks.

Unlike Rivero's video (2 posts earlier), this one makes you fall asleep. I don't know how to analyze the reasons why.

Last edited:

Similar video on the subject of monetary policy, recommended by a user on this forum, on another thread.

Last edited: