my journal 3

Yamato

Legendary member
9,840 245
All right. Let's get started again. This time with a stricter filter (only posts from contacts):
Snap2.gif

I'll keep writing the same things I wrote on my previous journals, "my journal" and "my journal 2". Go there if you need information about something I am referring to.

Done with my daily math exercises at khanacademy.org:
Snap1.gif

Last edited:

Yamato

Legendary member
9,840 245
Usual dose of daily math:
Snap1.gif

This one below wasn't easy:
Functions 3 | Khan Academy

It takes focus on top of knowledge. I did almost 10 exercises right, then got one wrong, and it made me go back ten exercises again, then made one mistake again, and had to go back again... it's almost impossible to get a whole set right, because by the time you're at the last exercise you're exhausted. Also, you need to do them the other way around and start from the inner functions.

For a while, I am not going to watch new videos and embark on new topics, since I am just tackling the review exercises. This before finishing all the exercises.

p-lab

189 12
Enjoyed that Functions question. Bit rusty.......Ironic as I am studying mathematical sciences at the minute. keep it going.

Yamato

Legendary member
9,840 245
Yes, thanks for the feedback. Hopefully I'll get to a higher level one day (which will enable me to understand portfolio theory), but first I have to build solid foundations, and khan academy is really good at that, and at making you get in touch with math again, after school made you dislike it.

Yamato

Legendary member
9,840 245
52 to go:

Snap1.jpg

Probably done for the day.

Last edited:

Yamato

Legendary member
9,840 245
Thanks. I had thought there were a few silent readers appreciating my journal. Thanks for letting me know.

Yamato

Legendary member
9,840 245
Daily math done:

Snap1.jpg

They came up with 4 new exercises, so I've done many, but I still have 49 exercises to go. 80% of work done. After this, I will have very solid foundations (and what's most important, I will have confidence in my math skills), but still not enough to tackle portfolio theory. I have plenty of time in my hands anyway, since there's no capital in sight. And this is the best investment of my time.

Last edited:

Yamato

Legendary member
9,840 245
weekly update (forward-testing)

The (formerly) traded combination did not recover yet from the day we stopped trading it with real money (but it didn't go any lower either):
Snap.jpg

The best systems at the moment are (trades made on the x, sharpe ratio on y, not shown those with trades less than 10 or sharpe ratio less than 2):
Snap1.jpg

Yamato

Legendary member
9,840 245
I've done 3 exercises, and now I have 46 to go. 81% of work done.

Snap1.jpg

The web application for this exercise was quite impressive:
Graphing inequalities | Khan Academy

Little by little, I am conquering math. My dislike for math is gone. Now I am almost starting to like it. It feels like playing a videogame, almost.

Ennio Morricone - Monaco - Indagine Cittadino Sospetto - YouTube

Subsonica - Indagine Su Un Cittadino Al Di Sopra Di Ogni Sospetto ( Live@MagazziniGenerali ) - YouTube

Last edited:

Yamato

Legendary member
9,840 245
No more caring about the rating of my journal. I used to be obsessed about this, but, just as I successfully got rid of the trolls (with the new option of "only posts from people on contact list"), I now must get rid of this worry, too. Indeed, this is the only way the idiots of the world can still affect me (as far as this journal).

So, given that I just got the first rating of 1 star, by some idiot, to offset this rating, I would have needed to register 10 times, and rate myself five stars. But that would be a way to cause myself worries endlessly for the future.

Instead, I rated my own journal one star, and used another nick (registered a long time ago, to give "my journal 2" five stars) to rate myself yet another "one-star". This way, I am contributing to my own low rating, and it's a psychological trick to not worry about it anymore.

Given that there are in the world a majority of idiots, I should not be surprised to get a low rating anyway. Actually, a low rating may even be a guarantee of my journal being good. I should be honoured to have a low rating.

My only concern from now on, as far as this journal, is to keep track of my work and my thoughts. I don't have to worry about the contacts, not about the ratings, and I am not even worried about unpleasant idiots popping up here without warning. This is going to be a pleasure. I can write whatever I want, show it to everyone, and yet not worry about anything.

Last edited:

Yamato

Legendary member
9,840 245
Ok, that's it for today, probably.

Snap1.jpg

I did 6 exercises, but since they added 3 new exercises, now I still have 43 to go. 83% of work done.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock